Update Arrow Freighter version 2012 updated (screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keatah

Reaction score
Ohh wow..

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

I can ask my lady if she wants to do this. She's got a sultry british/english accent. Do you have scripts to try out? No promises though.

Meantime.. How about one of these Reed Alerts?

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
Ohh wow..

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

I can ask my lady if she wants to do this. She's got a sultry british/english accent. Do you have scripts to try out? No promises though.

Meantime.. How about one of these Reed Alerts?
star trek enterprise: reed alert (NEW! tactical alert) - YouTube

excuse me, is that star trek, star trek the next gen, or star trek voyager? ive only seen voyager and next gen.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Some news:

About "Maneuver security mode"

When you set on the process last 2mn and during this time you can hear about 30 ambiance wav played in the background : radio conversation, alert, power up, belt click, lift sound. As the sounds are random (but each is played once only) each alert process may sound different.

The alert process start with two bell ring and end the same, here a mp3 extract: (hear while watching a VC screen-shot below)
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/delete_example_maneuver.zip

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Somes screenshots

For those that like wallpaper some clean preview in hi-res 1920x1080.

Waiting ejection around earth.

2012Arrow80.jpg

Security mode, crew hurry to prepare ship

2012Arrow81.jpg

Engine visual check (none miss that's a good new)

2012Arrow82.jpg

Skin support

2012Arrow83.jpg

Around venus

2012Arrow84.jpg

2012Arrow85.jpg

Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
So, are we going to have to sit through this security check thing any time we want to use the main engines? That sounds like the sort of thing that would be kind of cool the first ten times, then an infuriating inconvenience every time you miss your burn time because you forgot to click a button that no other ship in Orbiter requires you to click first. Doubly so if you plan to inflict mission-ruining consequences for not doing it.

It does sound cool and interesting, but it also makes you think "Do I really want to sit through that every single time?"

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
It does sound cool and interesting, but it also makes you think "Do I really want to sit through that every single time?"

Absolutely nothing mandatory.
Forget it most of time and trigger one before your main and most important maneuver, like a cherry on the cake. The final ambiance touch for the start of trip or return from a far planet..

In a future version I may add advanced stuff : engine preparation, energy managment, life support with wounds and damages but in this case I'd of course add a "simple mode". Press the trigger and shoot those aliens voila, engine burning and crew supporting infinite G.

Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
Forget it most of time and trigger one before your main and most important maneuver, like a cherry on the cake. The final ambiance touch for the start of trip or return from a far planet..

In a future version I may add advanced stuff : engine preparation, energy managment, life support with wounds and damages but in this case I'd of course add a "simple mode". Press the trigger and shoot those aliens voila, engine burning and crew supporting infinite G.

Does it expire after a certain period of time?

"Please fasten seatbelts for TMI. Seat belt light will remain...on, for...six...hundred and...thirty...two days."

:blink:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but what exactly triggers the ambiance pictures in the VC? Is it proximity based or is it defined in the scenario file? Or is it neither and I'm too naive to know it? :p

And this is just amazing work being done here. Something like this done in such time is nothing less than a miracle. :cheers:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Does it expire after a certain period of time?

"Please fasten seatbelts for TMI. Seat belt light will remain...on, for...six...hundred and...thirty...two days."

:blink:

Yep, that is, mummy with belt fasten when you reach dest. :)

Yet it's up to you but in future version I may introduce "happiness" factor, shake them, keep them fasten forever and they may be sick or unhappy.
I don't miss ideas, I miss time (and money)

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but what exactly triggers the ambiance pictures in the VC?

Discussed some pages ago, "mosaic picture" triggered by SOI and some other factors. We have almost all the major body done for a total of 888 pictures by default.
You can find the list here: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=27706

This system allow 108000 pictures (2400 per body) and it's easy to add new "mosaic" (each mosaic contain 24 pics)

In brief drop a "Scr_Jupiter_ByEli13.dds" image with the proper format (grid of 24 pic, photoshop SDK available) in "Roofscreen" folder and you just added 24 more pictures for Jupiter.

This is how one mosaic look ("landed earth" type)
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/screenshot/dansteph/2012Arrow22.jpg

Last edited:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Ah, I get it more clearly now. Thanks for the explanation and keep up the great work! :cheers:

Nexiss

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In a future version I may add advanced stuff : engine preparation, energy managment, life support with wounds and damages
Dan what can I say this is just epic work your doing here, can't wait for a release date :)

It would indeed be nice in a future version to see other stations aswell on the bridge, for example complicated engine management, electrical systems, life support etc which could be switched using the Ctrl arrow keys for all those system intensive people amongst us, of course there could still be a simple version with a config file trigger.

BTW thanks for the external docking facilities, Great Add :thumbup:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can'te remember reading it earlier, but does the ship also have ambient music playing in the background?

Marvin42

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I can'te remember reading it earlier, but does the ship also have ambient music playing in the background?

It supports Orbitersound (>=v3.5). With it you can make your own playlist. And there are buttons in the VC to control the radio to tune it to your playlist frequency. It does not have (as far as I know) any ambient music installed by default.

Last edited:

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
In a future version I may add advanced stuff : engine preparation, energy managment, life support with wounds and damages

Does that include alien infections I wonder?:rofl:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

if you also add an NPC engineer that does the engine management for those, who are too busy for this, who looks pretty pale and who has an obsession with his engines, it is fine for me.

DasbootLIJohann.png

:lol:

Last edited:

APDAF

Reaction score
Maybe for an alarm sound try something on the lines of this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-D_gP7hR6Q"]Star Trek Red Alert Screen - YouTube[/ame]

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Well.. I'm not developing yet, I'm playing with it and enjoying it much. Frankly it rock, too bad you can't try it actually... :tiphat:

Without joke I'm still creating new scenarios and trying them all deeply, this is an essential step of dev because using the addon in "real situation" help to detect odd bugs and also help to make it user friendly and highly playable.

(texts to be corrected)
2012Arrow86.jpg

Last edited:

Fisherman

Reaction score
DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Well.. I'm not developing yet, I'm playing with it and enjoying it much. Frankly it rock, too bad you can't try it actually... :tiphat:

Without joke I'm still creating new scenarios and trying them all deeply, this is an essential step of dev because using the addon in "real situation" help to detect odd bugs and also help to make it user friendly and highly playable.

(texts to be corrected)
2012Arrow86.jpg

Thanks Dan. Can't wait till Tuesday. :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.