Update Arrow Freighter version 2012 updated (screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm also afraid that someone will kill me if I don't release soon, so I must stop adding things for this version ;)

I have your back covered so don't worry about disgruntled orbiting hit men, but HURRY UP with that thing because if we don't blast off el quicko we're gonna be so totally dead.:lol:

Bibi Uncle

50% Orbinaut, 50% Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The in-line help is almost finished. Don't mind the typo it will be corrected.

(In particular the intro text should sound strange with the mix "he/she")

Yeah, don't forget that in English there's no genre to nouns. Except if the Arrow is like a child for you (which is... probable... :lol:), you should always use "it" as a pronoun for the Arrow.

KuatYards

Ejection Seat Tester
Reaction score
I know its a little late in the dev cycle, but I was thinking. With the addiction of the crash system, could it have escape pods? Maybe shuttlePBs loaded into the sides or something, and when you hit the eject key, all crew are loaded into te pods and launched.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
With the addiction of the crash system, could it have escape pods?

He's way ahead of you. They've been available for quite some time.
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4488"]
isruoh.jpg
[/ame]

You can spawn enough pods for the whole crew. ;)

Escape pods that work during a reentry is pure Hollywood, and they would only work on Earth because it's the UMMU's would run out of Oxygen anywhere else.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
:blink: For how long has the forum auto-embedded OH links?

KuatYards

Ejection Seat Tester
Reaction score
I know about the ISRU (use it a lot myself) but I was thinking if you are in Atmo and lose control, you don't have time to transfer crew to the ISRU... Not that you really CAN in Atmo... Or reentry, you can't really jump out during reentry... It's a little on the warm side...

Last edited:

Fisherman

Reaction score
I know about the ISRU (use it a lot myself) but I was thinking if you are in Atmo and lose control, you don't have time to transfer crew to the ISRU... Not that you really CAN in Atmo... Or reentry, you can't really jump out during reentry... It's a little on the warm side...

Yeah, that would be a tad warm. :lol:

Timberwolf469

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to this forum. I have had Orbiter for some years I love the Arrow (great ship) can't wait for the new one

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ummm, so I hate to be a bother, but when are we going to start beta testing? I just cant bear the thought of all this never being completed. soon please!?!

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
I was on holiday last 10 day so I resume work yet. About beta I don't know really but expect maybe within 10 days.
Given the added complexity there is a lot of small things to fix.
Yet it miss mainly docs, SDK, some model fix, test and scenarios.

About ISRU & ISS & ShuttleA they will now all be included in UCGO by default.

ISS & ShuttleA (cargo and ummu) will be the "separate" vessel version, the "replace stock" will still be available on OH.

Those one in brief:
http://www.orbithangar.com/searchauth.php?search=dansteph

Last edited:

Marvin42

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
About ISRU & ISS & ShuttleA they will now all be included in UCGO by default.

ISS & ShuttleA (cargo and ummu) will be the "separate" vessel version, the "replace stock" will still be available on OH.
Regarding ShuttleA with UMmu&UCGO, I don't know if you planned any improvements over the 2010 version, but there are some nice features in the Mindblast's version of ShuttleA(2), that greatly improved it's immersion. I was thinking about a 'must have' merge of the two versions. As he made the source code available (and is willing to let the project in other hands), I was wondering if you would be interested to paste some of that VC into your version of ShuttleA...or agree to let someone else do it.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Regarding ShuttleA with UMmu&UCGO, I don't know if you planned any improvements over the 2010 version, but there are some nice features in the Mindblast's version of ShuttleA(2), that greatly improved it's immersion. I was thinking about a 'must have' merge of the two versions. As he made the source code available (and is willing to let the project in other hands), I was wondering if you would be interested to paste some of that VC into your version of ShuttleA...or agree to let someone else do it.

Maybe O2, consumables management? It might be too early to think of this, but it would be nice to use cargo pods that can carry UCGO themselves. No offense to Frying Tiger, but the VC really needs some work IMHO

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Well, the actual ShuttleA of UCGO have an immense advantage over an eventual mind & dan version....

It's finished ;)

There is ton of things that I could improve but the ShuttleA never excited me especially and I'm late with the new UCGO, so let anyone with a medium skill in C++ add UCGO & UMMU to mindblast's version, it take about one hour only (copy/past from doc) and eventually some days to make it really cool and check everything is fine.

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, the actual ShuttleA of UCGO have an immense advantage over an eventual mind & dan version....

It's finished ;)

There is ton of things that I could improve but the ShuttleA never exited me especially and I'm late with the new UCGO, so let anyone with a medium skill in C++ add UCGO & UMMU to mindblast's version, it take about one hour only (copy/past from doc) and eventually some days to make it really cool and check everything is fine.

Hopefully that conversion can be done, but the Shuttle-A2 was only compiled for Orbiter06. Is this a new UCGO Version, a release for the 2012 arrow, or a little of both? I had no idea new UCGO was in the works. Oh, and by the way, If you want help with anything, let me know. Im only a decent modeller, and a very inexperienced programmer, but I would be happy to proofread some of your docs just to clean up the english grammar a bit.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

3... 2... 1...
NOT IT!

You, my friend, need a job, or maybe less caffeine :lol:

Seriously tho, someone will get annoyed if you keep making silly posts

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Is this a new UCGO Version, a release for the 2012 arrow, or a little of both? I had no idea new UCGO was in the works.

It's mainly a brand new Arrow Freighter release but tons of little things where also changed in UCGO himself.

First full support for DX9 & DX11 (Cars, cargos, SDK etc)
Some bugs cleared (as cargo repack)
A lot of small fix here and there.

This version is not any more Orbiter06 compatible.

I'll release also in same time OrbiterSound & DGIV with also fix, improvement and full DX9&11 support.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's mainly a brand new Arrow Freighter release but tons of little things where also changed in UCGO himself.

First full support for DX9 & DX11 (Cars, cargos, SDK etc)
Some bugs cleared (as cargo repack)
A lot of small fix here and there.

This version is not any more Orbiter06 compatible.

I'll release also in same time OrbiterSound & DGIV with also fix, improvement and full DX9&11 support.

Shame I dont use the DX9 or DX11, just seemed to run unbeleivably slow on my laptop. If I might make a quick suggestion about the DGIV so long as you are willing to look at it again. I know youre not big on redoing it with a functional cockpit, maybe related to whatever happened with the ravenstar mk2, but would it be possible to include a simple, completely nonfunctional cockpit mesh (maybe just an hours worth of modelling), so as to give it situational awareness. I personally still like the DGIV better than any of the XR stuff, but 2d instrument panels make it impossible to get a feel for whats going on above, left, or right of you. If youre really not into it I understand. Just working on the 300-400 lines of code in my first dll is frustrating, let alone 30000. Best of luck!

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Shame I dont use the DX9 or DX11,

That's very strange, but anyway all the new release work on stock Orbiter2010 of course.

(maybe just an hours worth of modelling)

:lol:

One hours is for me doing a new simple scenario, setting, text, test, control.
Modelling a simple (and badly designed) VC is more like 4-6 days.

A good one take 2-3 weeks at least not to speak about one with instruments.
Some peoples might do all that faster than me but it's all about quality and attention to details.

The new DGIV is yet finished as Ummu and OrbiterSound so I don't plan to add or rework anything (Apart if a bug is discovered of course)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
That's very strange, but anyway all the new release work on stock Orbiter2010 of course.

Same for me, but that is mostly because my PC is very old and I am too lazy to install the DirectX 9 SDK on my PC for recompiling the DirectX 9 client without SSE2 instructions (My 2004 AMD CPU only knows SSE). It is strange, but there are some many reasons why.

The next computer will be much better...I think about raising my 1250 € budget for computer core hardware a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.