Question Attachment Management

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
While working on a vessel config recently, I ran into a currious and frustrating issue with attachments.

I had laid out all the attachment points in their proper places ( their were 14 of them ) and when I tried to test the vessel in Orbiter, Attachment manager refused to show them.

The box would open up to show the list of attachments but there was nothing displayed in it. I have other vessels with just as many attach points and tried running them in a scenario with the new vessel and their attach points showed up just fine.

I used the exact same spacing as I always do ( which isn't supposed to be an issue ) but no matter what I tried, I could not get the attach points for that one vessel to be " read " in attachment Manager.

Oddly enough, when I wrote up an .ini file and made it an SC3 ship, Attachment Manager displayed the attach point list in the box as it does with all others.

Now granted, the ship is over 6000 meters long and only 442 meters wide but I can think of no reason why it would be a problem with only this one ship and only in a basic vessel format.

I would like to know if anyone else has run into a problem ( bug ? ) like this before and if so, were you able to find a reason for it or a solution to it ?
I would like to have this ship in a basic vessel format so that other specific add ons which depend on SC3 can be used in a scenario with it without running into the limited number of SC3 ships per scenario overhead.

I should point out that this occured in my clean test install as well as my standard install. Any help understanding this would be greatly appreciated.
:cheers:

DarkWanderer

Orbiter Contributor
Donator
Reaction score
Check the return of AttachmentCount() function. You may have problems with the attachments itself, as there are some restrictions on the parameters.

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
There were only 14 attach points total and 1 docking point. The max number of attach points for SC3 16 total and I was safely below those limits. They work fine in SC3 but not in a basic vessel config.

It's a real head scratcher.

Also, the attach callouts I used work just fine with other vessels so I know its not the designation of APW,APC and APR.