Gaming Battlefield 3 Released!!

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Buy it, now. Its one of the most awe-inspiring games to date. Using the new frostbite 2 game engine (if it exists, it can be shredded with an RPG) I havent even finished the single player campaign, but I can tell its going to be a wild ride :p . As for multiplayer, its awesome. The maps are vast and wide open, so get to a vehicle...unless you want to run a marathon. The DICE team have included going to prone (for the wannabe snipers) which means tall grass is a serious threat. To counteract this, they've included scope glint, (sun reflecting off the glass of the rifle scope). The most important thing that they've added is 'shellshock', meaning even though youre in cover, your opponent can still shoot over the cover blurring your FOV. I have a feeling not a lot of O-F members will pick this game up (not sure where its released all over the world) but if you have the chance (or the PC that can handle ultra graphics) get it.:tiphat:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
I still prefer Orbiter, there's a much less death ratio (unless it's me as the pilot of the DGIV). :p

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I was just watching some guys run that yesterday in the cafeteria at ARC between my bouts at Infection and SWAT in Reach. Looks awesome if you've got a XBOX LIVE connection. Otherwise, no MP. (that's our problem, btw. Anyone got 50 feet of CAT-5 we can borrow? :lol: )

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
the most realistic fp combat game ive ever played, from bullet physics to visuals :d

wish i could afford it :(

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Destruction 2.0? DESTRUCTION TWO POINT OH?!?!

Anyway: I consider Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors one of the most awesome games ever...don't think I'll be calling this point-n'-shoot a contender. :p

Don't get me wrong, the Battlefield series is great - very entertaining. But unless it'll keep me up at night - night after night - just guessing at what's happening and how it'll end, and then STILL blows me away with the ending, no dice. :)

Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
Eh, just looks like another multiplayer arena game to me. I'll stick with something that contains actual writing and story, where single player isn't just cheap training for multiplayer.

When does Mass Effect 3 come out, again?

RS-232

No!
Reaction score
Website
piv.pivpiv.dk
Buy it, now. Its one of the most awe-inspiring games to date. Using the new frostbite 2 game engine (if it exists, it can be shredded with an RPG) I havent even finished the single player campaign, but I can tell its going to be a wild ride :p . As for multiplayer, its awesome. The maps are vast and wide open, so get to a vehicle...unless you want to run a marathon. The DICE team have included going to prone (for the wannabe snipers) which means tall grass is a serious threat. To counteract this, they've included scope glint, (sun reflecting off the glass of the rifle scope). The most important thing that they've added is 'shellshock', meaning even though youre in cover, your opponent can still shoot over the cover blurring your FOV. I have a feeling not a lot of O-F members will pick this game up (not sure where its released all over the world) but if you have the chance (or the PC that can handle ultra graphics) get it.:tiphat:
This a definitely on my to do list Friday. How are the flight controls? Do you like them?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
theyre ok, more refined than BF2. Way easier to fly a helicopter than BF2.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Eh, just looks like another multiplayer arena game to me. I'll stick with something that contains actual writing and story, where single player isn't just cheap training for multiplayer.

When does Mass Effect 3 come out, again?

Considering the single player is the best, not just multiplayer training...you'd be wrong. Trust me, i cant wait for Mass Effect 3 either

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Eh, just looks like another multiplayer arena game to me.

Exactly!

It's basically Unreal Tournament 99, but taking advantage of today's modern computers. There's nothing really revolutionary about it.

mojoey said:
theyre ok, more refined than BF2. Way easier to fly a helicopter than BF2.

Another reason *not* to play this game. There's more to gaming than point 'n click. I loved the times I spent trying to learn to be a good heli pilot in BF2 and swearing at the AI for shooting me down using a tank in difficult setting single player.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Exactly!

It's basically Unreal Tournament 99, but taking advantage of today's modern computers. There's nothing really revolutionary about it.

Another reason *not* to play this game. There's more to gaming than point 'n click. I loved the times I spent trying to learn to be a good heli pilot in BF2 and swearing at the AI for shooting me down using a tank in difficult setting single player.

I know the feeling, eventually i was tagged 'bait' for the RPG's in multiplayer in BF2. It does take practice, first time in BF3 i flipped on takeoff :(

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Yeah, I earned mine by just running around in a straight line, and he sat on a hill in Forgeworld with a sniper rifle. I stand no chance against him. If he misses, I just :suicide:!

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
i enjoyed helicopter flying in BF2:

once youve practiced a bit, and got the hang of the controls (it helps if youve got the hang of helis in general through FSX or something) you can make it do what you want, letting whoever's in the minigun wreak havok

though, it takes even more practice to keep both miniguns occupied, keep flying in the right direction, and avoid LMG and RPG fire all at the same time, and a lucky :censored: can get a tank skell into you with enough time... or a well placed RPG if you get too lazy/repetitive

Ark

Reaction score
Eh, I prefer ARMA 2/OFP.

ArmA 2 is definitely my favorite open-world modern warfare game. Not for the campaign or multiplayer, but for the mods and the mission editor. Just about any military conflict you can imagine, you can come up with a way to simulate.

I <3 large scale tank battles...

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
ArmA 2 is definitely my favorite open-world modern warfare game. Not for the campaign or multiplayer, but for the mods and the mission editor. Just about any military conflict you can imagine, you can come up with a way to simulate.

I <3 large scale tank battles...

Me too. I love big conflicts with the US, PLA, Bundewehr, Russia etc.