Gaming Battlefield 3 Released!!

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
there was one time w\me and a friend tried to capture this CP in Strike at Karkand, and he asked 'whats your plan?' 'i have a plan to have a plan....just shoot!' of course we died >_>

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i enjoyed helicopter flying in BF2:

once youve practiced a bit, and got the hang of the controls (it helps if youve got the hang of helis in general through FSX or something) you can make it do what you want, letting whoever's in the minigun wreak havok

I used to fly the combat heli and I hated flying another person around. The gunner had all the weaponry and would take all my kills. I loved killing vehicles and ground troops with rockets, so the first thing I did was do a loop, so my gunner thought I'll crash and ejected. Then I flew alone and brought hell on the battlefield.

I was most vulnerable when rearming and repairing. That's when I got nailed the most.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I'm now downloading the ArmA 2 free version, I want to see if it stands up to the ad.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I used to fly the combat heli and I hated flying another person around. The gunner had all the weaponry and would take all my kills. I loved killing vehicles and ground troops with rockets, so the first thing I did was do a loop, so my gunner thought I'll crash and ejected. Then I flew alone and brought hell on the battlefield.

I was most vulnerable when rearming and repairing. That's when I got nailed the most.

i hardly ever got into the combat heli, coz idots beat me to it, and i prefered not having to concentrate on the weapons and having hugely powerful miniguns at the same time, leaves my mind free to concentreate on dodging RPGs, which is hard when you've got a red tag :(

on the other hand, i love RPGing helis that aren't tagged, just aim well ahead of them and hope they dont change direction, then you've got one dead heli crew

but flying is definatley better, even when its hard because your blackhawk handles like a brick in an updraft...

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
i hardly ever got into the combat heli, coz idots beat me to it, and i prefered not having to concentrate on the weapons and having hugely powerful miniguns at the same time, leaves my mind free to concentreate on dodging RPGs, which is hard when you've got a red tag :(

on the other hand, i love RPGing helis that aren't tagged, just aim well ahead of them and hope they dont change direction, then you've got one dead heli crew

but flying is definatley better, even when its hard because your blackhawk handles like a brick in an updraft...

HA! try it with the F-35 dodging small arms fire while trying to fly like a bat out of hell down the river (in Sharqi Peninsula??? not sure, it did have a refinery and a port)

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I'm now downloading the ArmA 2 free version, I want to see if it stands up to the ad.

link?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
google doesnt filter the ones that :censored: up your computer

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
The last I checked, the official website does no such thing to my computer.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
nevermind, found it on steam :D

now i have three reasons to be happy!
1.Arma2
2.look at the post count
3.battlefield 3

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
having played a couple of titles from the battlefield series, then ArmA and ArmA 2 - i can't say i care too much for "more of the same" from the former.....

i have an immense appreciation for games like ArmA - where so much can be tapped into by the community to make the game better (where else have i seen this?) :thumbup:

plus - ArmA does not glorify killing people for the heck of it, like most war-themed games/movies do.... instead, firing a gun in ArmA is more likely to get YOU shot than the enemy, if you don't know what you're doing - survival and tactics are paramount, and teamplay is rewarded to great lengths :rolleyes:

in battlefield, "teamplay" is usually defined by the rare ocasions where no frag-hungry chump races off to take the two-seat helicopter all by himself for a never-surprisingly ill-fated joyride into enemy airspace or the side of a hill... :facepalm:

nah, i'll skip that.... specially since it's a company-we-don't-speak-of release... :dry:

also, rumors have it that ArmA III is already brewing - now THAT will get my attention :hmm:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Never been a fan of the Battlefield series, although BF3 is starting to catch my eye. But it will be a while before I grab it. I have Uncharted 3 and MW3 pre-ordered. Black Ops is the game for me right now, but that will definitely change next Tuesday (yes, Uncharted 3 is releasing on a Tuesday, then MW3 releases the following Tuesday).

Thing is, I'm leaving for vacation next Tuesday morning, so I'll have about 72 hours when I get back to beat Uncharted 3 before MW3 release. I foresee lots of Mountain Dew being consumed that weekend...

**EDIT** I just saw gameplay footage for BF3. OH. MY. GOD. I now have intense motivation to beat Unch3 and MW3 as fast as possible :lol:

Last edited:

Wonderer

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a new video card just for BF3 :lol:

Ark

Reaction score
I'm pumped for Uncharted 3, Among Thieves is up there with the most compelling and entertaining games I've ever played. I'll probably rent MW3 and play through the obligatory 4-hour campaign.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
finished the campaign... OHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!!! 'on the 14th of this month, when the sun sets...Solomon will strike X_X

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
i loved BF:1942, especially the Coral Sea map...never has blowing stuff up ever been as fun!

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
i loved BF:1942, especially the Coral Sea map...never has blowing stuff up ever been as fun!

More like battle of Britain :p On Topic, Ill probably be getting BF3. It looks good and with xbox live it should be great :)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
More like battle of Britain :p On Topic, Ill probably be getting BF3. It looks good and with xbox live it should be great :)

I got it for PC, since they only did 24 player maps for the consoles :( but on ultra high sooper settings (dont forget the Turtle Beach headset) i fell in love with the game