Update Bebop modeled, ready for meshing

StevoPistolero

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Next stop: Swordfish. I am thinking it will be less maneuverable than the redtail, but with much more forward acceleration (4gs?). Any thoughts?

Polaris

Reaction score
Next stop: Swordfish. I am thinking it will be less maneuverable than the redtail, but with much more forward acceleration (4gs?). Any thoughts?

I would like some animations and better textures. Maybe a VC.

Last edited:

Tribersman_FR

Reaction score
Hi, coming to see if my picture were of much help.

Unfortunately my box don't give any number for performance, but it give their roles, their equipments so we should be able to deduce the gross limit.

The Red Tail
- is heavily armed
- is VTOL
- Have 3 types of engine : Turbine, scramjet and rocket
- We can deduce the turbine are for VTOL, scramjet for orbital insertion and rocket for space.
- I would give it powerful translation RCS but lesser acceleration.

The Swordfish II
- Is MADE for speed (it was a racing craft before being armed)
- Have a Nuclear Fusion aerospike engine, it can have as much acceleration as the pilot can support (4G sound good yes).
- Have thrust reverser
- can't really VTOL
- But has jet-booster in the wing which permit it to take off from very short distance.
- In my opinion you should give it a hover capability which force a small forward acceleration regardless of whenever you are applying thrust.
Meaning that you'll have to land with an odd angle.

The Bebop
- Was a fishing ship
- Have been refitted with bigger engine
- Is necessarily ADAV

It's still a mark of quality but I have more information in my CB-box about the complete story of the "Red Eyes" and variations that were never even mentioned in the show, than for the ship. Though I have to story of what led to develop those one manned spacecraft.

StevoPistolero

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
update

This summer I got around to modeling the Swordfish II. Tried texturing it but wasn't very successful. I am going to get it up and running and submit it within the month.

Thanks for the continuing interest!