Best Orbiter moments

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here you can post about your best Orbiter moments(Docking with ISS for the first time, beautiful landings, etc; anything that made you feel very happy:))

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Real external MFDs

attachment.php

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The first time I greased in a rolling recovery with the XR-5. There is many a section of runway at AIA where the spacecraft started a lithobrake maneuver due to collapsed shock stuts, wingtips, etc.

It took me a while to gauge the vertical sink/airspeed/altitude dance that's needed for a "pretty" deadstick landing and roll out.

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The first time I managed to land the XR-5 was a really great moment. I made a slow turn to get in line with the runway, and then, when the speaker said "400", I dropped my landing gear. (It must be noted that I was still making small adjustments to the craft to get in line; starting off at an angle REALLY creates problems!!). And when the speaker began to say the last numbers (100,75,50,25,15,10,etc) I got ready for the landing. I pulled back on the stick at maximum, and when the speaker said "Wheels down", it was so GREAT!!! Instead of hearing the CRASH!! of collapsing landing gear, I finally heard the touchdown message and saw the wheels push up slightly. And that was one of the BEST moments I had in Orbiter.