OHM Better ISS

Lilian63

Reaction score
Hello
do you know if you will model the interior of the modules of the Russian section.
Thank you

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Hello
do you know if you will model the interior of the modules of the Russian section.
Thank you
Unfortunately no. My 3D modelling skills are really not up to this and even if they were I'm not sure I would have the time to do it right.
BTW, Zvezda does have an interior model, courtesy of 4throck.

On that note, if anyone has any meshes of the interior of the russian side of ISS that they want me to look at including, send me a PM!

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
interior of the Mir module is similar to the interior of the ISS module Zvezda ( Zvezda module is more modern)

That's what I tought and it makes sense, since this is pretty much the same hardware with improvements. (y)

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
interior of the Mir module is similar to the interior of the ISS module Zvezda ( Zvezda module is more modern)
@MaxBuzz Your MIR meshes are excellent! Would you like to take a shot at modeling the inside of the Russian side of ISS, or at least Zarya and Zvezda?
No pressure, just thought I would ask. :)
If you want to do it, send me a PM. If not, no worries!

Rocket_Scientist101

Reaction score
View attachment 26963

OrbitHangar download link
https://www.orbithangar.com/showAddon.php?id=cfa3ed55-2985-46c1-a88b-c8c4eee30dd3

Yet another ISS addon!

First, a bit of back-story: (Do we actually need another ISS addon?)
For a long time, I have wanted a good, high resolution ISS in Orbiter 2016. The model that comes with Orbiter kinda looks like it came from 2006.
It was good in its day, but in addition to being very low poly, it was modeled after the intended future configuration of the ISS.
Needless to say, the actual finished ISS is different from the initial concepts.
Also, I wanted CMG attitude control and working solar panels.

Features:
  • CMG Rate Gyros
  • Sun-Tracking Solar Panels
  • Working window covers on Destiny and the Cupola
  • Virtual Cockpit for the US side and Zvezda
  • Functional robotic arm and MBS
  • Moving EATCS Radiators

CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!
This addon is not for low-end computers!
The total poly count for the exterior is 255,419 triangles across 7 meshes.
The total poly count for the virtual cockpit is 349,709 triangles across 4 meshes.
Together, the TOTAL poly count for the whole model is over half a million triangles! (605,128)

Keyboard commands:
1 = CMG Free Drift
2 = CMG Zero Angular
3 = CMG Attitude Keeping
7 = Enter TGT Roll
8 = Enter TGT Pitch
9 = Enter TGT Yaw
SHIFT S = Sun Tracking On/Off
G = Open/Close the window cover on Destiny
K = Open/Close the Cupola window covers
INSERT/DELETE = Move the MBS
S/W = Fly through the VC

Configuration file options:
DEFAULT_CMG_MODE = This sets the mode the CMG Gyros will be in if not specified in the scenario.
MAXTIMEACCEL = This is the maximum time acceleration allowed for the CMG gyros. If time acceleration is more than this, the CMG gyros will be disabled.
HAS_PIRS = If this is false, the earth-facing pirs module will be gone.
ASTRONAUT = Set this to false if you want to fly solo...
IROSA = If this is set to false, the iROSA solar panels will be gone.
CAMSPEED = Sets how fast the camera translates in meters per second when flying through the VC.

Required Addons:
Canadarm2 v 4.0
SSRMSD.dll update

Credits:
ISS Models from the NASA website. (No way are my 3D modelling skills that good!)
Zvezda VC mesh and textures created by 4throck, redistributed with permission
Sun-Tracking solar panels code from the "Cargo Dragon" addon by BrianJ
CMG Gyro code adapted from the CMG v2.0 addon by Poscik
RotateMesh function orginally written by Face as part of the "Ascension Ultra" addon.
Texture for the iROSA solar panels modified from the Antares 3.0 addon by FOI.
The code to fly through the VC adapted from the addon "FirstPersonExperience" by escapetomsfate.
Thanks DaveS, for providing me with several helpful resources with technical data about ISS

This addon is released under the GPL 2 license.
one question when i download this addon and try to play it my game says something about the game has 'terminated' the action and i cant use it.
:cry:

Rocket_Scientist101

Reaction score
One question why when I load the better
ISS scenario does my game not load and crash but then when I don't load the better ISS scenario the original ISS ingame is still in orbit?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The orbiter.log file is here in the main orbiter folder. It is a text file. It will show what is going on. You either open the file and post the contents. or renamed it as a .txt file and attach

Attachments

• orbiterloglocation.jpg
    orbiterloglocation.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 8

barrygolden

Reaction score
This is a super addon and fun to use. You guys might need to think about looking at the SAL addon and use the EVA tether guys inside the quest and make the hatches open then deploy the EVA guys

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
You guys might need to think about looking at the SAL addon and use the EVA tether guys inside the quest and make the hatches open then deploy the EVA guys
Animating the hatches would cause a bunch of mesh issues, I think it would be a lot of work for a little gain.
@gattispilot made an EVA addon for this, I think it has all of the stuff you mentioned except the animated hatch.

MexSpace

Reaction score
I am not an expert on the subject, but NASA has an application in the Google Play Store, the application is called NASA Science Humans in Space, the application has everything inside the iss, including the Russian section, maybe it can be useful, I really don't know . Could an orbiter be deployed?

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I am not an expert on the subject, but NASA has an application in the Google Play Store, the application is called NASA Science Humans in Space, the application has everything inside the iss, including the Russian section, maybe it can be useful, I really don't know . Could an orbiter be deployed?
it's usually really hard, if not impossible to extract content from apps.
Not saying it can't be done, but licensing issues aside, I wouldn't even know where to start.
Also, I unfortunately haven't had as much time for Orbiter lately as I would like and I have several rather large Orbiter addon projects going at the moment, so further improvement of this addon probably will be limited.