Question birthday present.

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I know! I can get the materials to make a life size DG with fully fitted interior!

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
if you're really really interested about space, you'd want a telescope, one that is easily mountable to your dad's camera even :)

Kendo

Reaction score
Eccentrus, why not give him your new camera, it would make a wonderful birthday present. :idea:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
My birthday is 11 days before Christmas, so I usually get to pick one gift from under the tree:)
My graduation present to myself was an Acer netbook. Nothing wrong with getting yourself a gift;)

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How about, in the words of your countrymen: "And now for something completely different ..."

Instead of getting ... how about giving? Be a good example for your peers and you can help continue the process of "pay it forward".

Maybe you dont really need anything?

I mean, why feel the need to get stuff, just for the sake of getting something?

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know! I can get the materials to make a life size DG with fully fitted interior!

Your jokes amuse me, sir!

I'm the only one that's ever built a real DGIV. I'm the most qualified person to tell you that you're not gonna be able to do that.

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Your jokes amuse me, sir!

I'm the only one that's ever built a real DGIV. I'm the most qualified person to tell you that you're not gonna be able to do that.

Wow can you send some pictures please. Sounds epic.
I already have a telescope. I think i will get some money then give it to charity

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Wow can you send some pictures please. Sounds epic.
I already have a telescope. I think i will get some money then give it to charity

While you are at some action wishes...what about wishing for a journey to the various historic places in the UK, that interest you? That isn't a too expensive present, if your family unites for that, and it could be something that you could still enjoy for many years afterwards. Like, have you already seen the SR-71? Or been on a battleship?

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow can you send some pictures please. Sounds epic.charity

dsc06416t.jpg

1 m wingspan. Roughly 250 hours of build time including the drawing of blueprints, work with wood, covering with foil,...

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Wow nice work man.
I might book a flight simulator thing if you know what i mean.

Staiduk

Reaction score
Wow nice work man.
I might book a flight simulator thing if you know what i mean.

Rather than a flight simulator at your local school; why not the real thing? 15 is the perfect age to take your first flying lesson. IIRC minimum age in Britain is 14. Never know; you might find the spark that leads you into a career. :)

(Edit - just googled UK flight training. Whoo! Maybe not; it's pricey on the island, isn't it? Still, if you ask really hard you never know... ;) )

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think it's kind of a strange thing to ask what you should get for birthday on the internet. None of us know you. It's difficult enough picking a present for your best friend or your partner, how can you expect us to pick one for you?

All the suggestions in this thread are not things that you'd do, but things that people that suggested do.

There are two suggestions I'm gonna make:
- You should pick your present based on what you like, not based on what all of us like.
- If you're so content with your life that you can't think of a present, just save the money you get. Later you'll find something you like...

I tend to go with the second suggestion. I'm not big on spending, but when I spend, I spend big. I spent years saving up for my new computer and I'm 100% happy with it. Same goes for all my other purchases.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
There are two suggestions I'm gonna make:
- You should pick your present based on what you like, not based on what all of us like.
- If you're so content with your life that you can't think of a present, just save the money you get. Later you'll find something you like...

I tend to go with the second suggestion. I'm not big on spending, but when I spend, I spend big. I spent years saving up for my new computer and I'm 100% happy with it. Same goes for all my other purchases.

Precisely, I saved up big money on the last three or four years, and made a once in a blue moon purchase of new laptop, new cameras and stuffs that totaled at $1500 or so (big money for a student here) and I'm glad I didn't follow up on some foolish impulses to buy unneeded stuffs earlier on (yes that includes a high-end phone which I realized later that I don't need)

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that magical gold rings with fiery inscriptions in evil languages make good birthday presents.

Side effects may include murdering friends, making weird noises in ones throat, spending 500 years in a cave under a mountain, double-pluralizing nouns and referring to oneself in the plural, glowing eyes, and saving the world by falling into an active volcano.

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I got battle field bad company 2. My first fps game. Any one here got it on pc?

johan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have nothing to give...

This is one of the most destructive things you can tell yourself about you. Don't ever say it even in jest or if it feels like it's true.

Instead focus on what you do have to give that others may find valuable (like some other folks suggested) - and get creative, there's no particular reason why it should cost any money!