OHM Carl Sagan Space Center (Banaba Island)

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I believe that issue is likely related to the XR-5 itself. No part of CSSC does anything that would affect or interfere with other vessels in that way. I'd suggest making a comprehensive bug report to dbeachy1, hopefully he has a solution to your problem :cheers:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
With all due respect sir!

I was roaming this island in various crafts including that you've described for few months during developement, for few weeks of beta tests and for another few months after release. I've tested every single byte, vertex and pixel of this add-on and used this island as test site for alpha stage of my new add-on and neither I nor any of beta testers encountered similar problem.

With your previous posts when you've described "magical, screenshot-preventing EA debug tool", that couldn't trace simple missing texture/mesh problem I suggest using proper debug procedure of orbiter add-ons.

1. Try with clean install
2. Add 1 vessel
3. When you encouter the problem grab orbiter.log
4. Post a pic or grab a movie showing the problem (sorry, but I don't belive "print screen" method doesn't work for you.)
5. Post your computer specs

Regards
Loru

The Void

Workin hard on my next project
Reaction score
With all due respect sir!

I was roaming this island in various crafts including that you've described for few months during developement, for few weeks of beta tests and for another few months after release. I've tested every single byte, vertex and pixel of this add-on and used this island as test site for alpha stage of my new add-on and neither I nor any of beta testers encountered similar problem.

With your previous posts when you've described "magical, screenshot-preventing EA debug tool", that couldn't trace simple missing texture/mesh problem I suggest using proper debug procedure of orbiter add-ons.

1. Try with clean install
2. Add 1 vessel
3. When you encouter the problem grab orbiter.log
4. Post a pic or grab a movie showing the problem (sorry, but I don't belive "print screen" method doesn't work for you.)
5. Post your computer specs

Regards
Loru

I had to rebuild my computer out of two different ones after my other crashed last year. For some reason I can't print screen I always have to right click a program and run as administrator to run it and open task manager to close a program and a few other things. My computer at this moment sucks. As for the issue orbiter.log showed nothing wrong all it showed was everything was running smoothly or I would of posted it with my finds I have run it with a clean install using each vehicle with a clean install by itself and I have picked through the files manually and found nothing wrong it seems to happen near the runway only when I taxi over the terrain at about 10 km/h. If you don't believe me that's fine but my number one moto being god is great an lying is bad, I have never gone against it ever and I always tell the truth

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Even if you are not able to spot an issue with the orbiter.log someone here might. We don't ask for the orbiter.log just for the fun of it so please post it.

Also, if printscreen doesn't work I'll suggest two other options:

1. Gadwins print screen - Turns the printscreen button into what it's meant to be.

2. Snip - Application built into Vista and windows 7.

My number one motto is 'always assume that the fault is with the install or PC until evidence is presented proving it's the addon' and that goes for myself as well. I've found a few issues with addons that have always been down to my setup rather than the add on.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My number one motto is 'always assume that the fault is with the install or PC until evidence is presented proving it's the addon' and that goes for myself as well. I've found a few issues with addons that have always been down to my setup rather than the add on.

As a developer, my motto is the other way around:
"Always assume that the fault is with my programming until evidence is presented proving it's the computer / other add-on / bad install."

Loru said:

So typical of EA software... *sigh*

I agree. I bet the freezing isn't caused by Orbiter, but by the debugger itself. Stop running the debugger and it'll be fine.

The Void

Reaction score
Even if you are not able to spot an issue with the orbiter.log someone here might. We don't ask for the orbiter.log just for the fun of it so please post it.

Also, if printscreen doesn't work I'll suggest two other options:

1. Gadwins print screen - Turns the printscreen button into what it's meant to be.

2. Snip - Application built into Vista and windows 7.

The log stops at everything running fine it doesn't go past that point of the scenario loaded fine if the log had showed signs of something a miss past that point I would of showed it but it won't pick up on anything past the initial start up of orbiter. Snip is my print screen and gadwin I had the same results it's something with my computer interfering with print screen.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
The log stops at everything running fine it doesn't go past that point of the scenario loaded fine if the log had showed signs of something a miss past that point I would of showed it but it won't pick up on anything past the initial start up of orbiter. Snip is my print screen and gadwin I had the same results it's something with my computer interfering with print screen.
Take a picture of your screen with a camera and upload the picture?

http://i.imgur.com/VZ5PG.jpg

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
I don't have one or I would
With no evidence to back up your claims, there is no way anyone can help you. I was able to take that screencap form my iPhone camera, surely you must have a digicam in a cellphone.

If nothing else, FRAPS has a trial version that should work for a screencap and an orbiter log file when you have a crash would help too. Even if you see nothing wrong, our collective expertise might.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I had the same results it's something with my computer interfering with print screen.

Fair enough, lets see if we can fix that. Can you generate a list of the processes running when you have this screencap issue?

You can use this tool from Microsoft to generate a text file and post it here then we can troubleshoot the screencap issue for you.

The Void

Reaction score
With no evidence to back up your claims, there is no way anyone can help you. I was able to take that screencap form my iPhone camera, surely you must have a digicam in a cellphone.

If nothing else, FRAPS has a trial version that should work for a screencap and an orbiter log file when you have a crash would help too. Even if you see nothing wrong, our collective expertise might.

Actually I had trouble with FRAPS and Orbiter. It would cause a CTD when I ran FRAPS.

My cellphone is done for caught a virus from a google app

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually I had trouble with FRAPS and Orbiter. It would cause a CTD when I ran FRAPS.

My cellphone is done for caught a virus from a google app

My expert opinion as somebody serving under General Failure and Colonel Panic: You have Gremlins.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------ --

fix 29-06-2012
- train.dll: wheels rotating wrong way bug fixed.
- main surface tile is fixed (I forgot about 1 layer :p)

Both fixed in main package. re-download it and if you want to avoid overwritting entire add-on just overwrite train.dll and Earth_4_E3857_S0020.dds in their respective folders.

banaba-fix.jpg

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5729"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5729[/ame]

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This is strange since the only files that was updated were train.dll and Earth_4_E3857_S0020.dds. And they have nothing to do with radar. I can't confirm that BTW - for me it works.

Can anyone else can confirm that?

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I can maybe check it when I get home. It'll be a few hours though...

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
This is strange since the only files that was updated were train.dll and Earth_4_E3857_S0020.dds. And they have nothing to do with radar. I can't confirm that BTW - for me it works.

Can anyone else can confirm that?

I can confirm that the radar is working with a multistage module rocket, but something's weird when working with the Energia rocket: the radar can move to the proper azimuth, but it can't pitch. Hmm.... :shrug:

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Sunset on new construction site:
construct.jpg

construct2.jpg

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I can confirm that the radar is working with a multistage module rocket, but something's weird when working with the Energia rocket: the radar can move to the proper azimuth, but it can't pitch. Hmm.... :shrug:

Could be because the Energia has its launch umbilicals as "zeroth" stage left behind on the ground at launch.