Project CST-100

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
0SQIs.png

Crew Access Tower is coming along nicely.

This PDF helps alot: www.aiaa.org/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=7543

This uses the Umbilical Tower already at LC-41 for access to the vehicle: http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2012/06/18/13344/13344.pdf

http://www.spaceops2012.org/proceedings/documents/id1344770-Paper-001.pdf

http://www.ulalaunch.com/site/docs/... Development Enabling Launch on EELV 2011.pdf

http://spirit.as.utexas.edu/~fiso/telecon/Patton-Holguin_4-4-12/Patton-Holguin 4-4-12.pdf

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
AtlasV-412 alpha v0.37

New Features & Fixes :

- Propellant boiloff simulation for the second stage. 25% of the propellant mass (LH2 20% + LOX 5%) boils off each day (figures from ULA documentation, for the less insulated Centaur version). For now, boiloff begins only after liftoff and this is seen as an average (no difference between day and night side). But there might be refinements in the future. I assumed that the percentage takes account of the current propellant mass, which means that the boiloff rate diminishes as the quantity of propellant diminishes (seems logical to me but I may be wrong).
- Centaur mesh improved, mostly the aft section.
- RCS Isp downgraded, as I learned that it uses hydrazine as a monopropellant (figures from ULA).
- RCS tank capacity corrected to match the real number. Doesn't need to be filled completely ; the idea is that it should be adaptable to a variety of missions with various attitude changes requirements.
- Display bug during the separation RCS burn fixed.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
AtlasV-412 alpha v0.38

New Features & Fixes :

- More details on the Common Centaur mesh aft section.
- Textures, normal maps* & specular maps* (*D3D9 only) for most of the Centaur stage.
- Angular velocity display on the Centaur info "LCD".
- Battery charge implementation (Centaur stage) : you have power for 5 hours of operation, after that you lose spacecraft control. The stage is on battery power when the rocket leaves the launchpad.
- Remaining Delta-V counter (takes of course account for the payload mass).
- Minor fixes and parameters tuning.

Download link : pastelink.me/dl/801b4a

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I've still got the case sensitive menu to "Copy public link", so it should still be working.

Been working on the updated manual. Maybe have something tonight...

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
N.Molson, if you want some temporary storage (<3 months) I can arrange that for you.

Thanks, that would really help.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

OK, as a temporary mesure, this link should give you access to the latest alpha :

pastelink.me/dl/801b4a

---------- Post added 08-11-12 at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-10-12 at 09:26 PM ----------

Has someone be able to download and test the latest alpha (v0.38 ?).

I've been working on launch configurations and have got promising results ; in fact the Atlas V 400 is getting well advanced.

The "422" and "432" configurations have some extra punch :)

The SRMs are not scaled correctly though, they are too long and too wide. I'm going to check that.

Last edited:

ky

Reaction score
You could also try uploading to Mediafire, free uploads, all you have to do is make an account. Also, I haven't been able to test the alpha as of yet, doing so at the moment.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Don't worry, the storage problem is in good way to be solved.

Thanks, I need precious testing data before going further. :tiphat:

Also, if someone that has D3D9 supported by his comp' could try, thanks.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm texturing and there is a logo I can't find in a decent resolution. That's the Atlas logo :

atlas_logo.jpg

(here a 100x100 px version, the best I found).

Could someone with the photoshop or even better graphic vectors skills try to enlarge it to 256x256 px while keeping a "sharp" resolution, if you see what I mean ? That would help, thanks. :tiphat:

Here's what I got so far, after all the Centaur stage will be white, from pics seems that's the insulation layer color currently in use :

(D3D7)

The Atlas logo would fit nice between the US flag and the "commercial crew program".

Last edited:

ky

Reaction score

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The adapter version shown on the schema is very interesting. Much shorter that what we have. I'll make a try at it.

ky

Reaction score
Anyone remember this? ;)

CSTIcon2.png

Just curious if it's still in use.
Im still planning to use it on the capsule.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Thanks, I need precious testing data before going further. :tiphat:
Everything is nominal here :thumbup:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Atlas V EELV v0.39

OK, thanks to garyw I have now a FTP server that will be very convenient to publish future alpha/beta releases. So here is the v0.39 :

New Features & Fixes :

- The way the boosters are attached to the rocket has been completely revised. Now you don't need to put any boosters in the scenario file. The rocket will spawn them when the simulation starts. You only have to add a line in the scenario file (in the Stage1 vessel section) like this :

CONFIGURATION 422

In this exemple, the rocket will spawn 2 boosters (the middle digit). For now, the only values that work are : 402, 412, 422, 432. But the idea is to be able to set up any Atlas V EELV configuration that way, like 551 (5-meters fairing, 5 SRMs, 1-engine Centaur), etc... If you enter a wrong value, the rocket will be by default a "402". Notice that the 402 is still powerful enough to send the capsule in LEO if you aim straight East.

- The second stage now features better textures, normal & specular maps (D3D9).

- Some "LCD" display fixes.

- Scenario files have been modified to match the "CONFIGURATION" setting, some others have been added. I tried to modify the guidance settings for the non-412 configurations, but there is a lot of room for improvement, so don't hesitate to test-flight your own guidance settings and tell me your results.

- Stages 1 & 2 meshes have been modified (addition of stringers) ; the SRM mesh has been scaled down to match the reality more closely. But I'm probably going to re-model it in the future.

Atlas V EELV alpha v0.39

Last edited: