New Release DGIV-3, UCGO 2.5 and UMMU 2.5 christmas release

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Since it's all still sorta under development, is there any chance of a self destruct button for the DGIV and Arrow? Doesn't have to be a VC button, it could just be a scenario editor option.

They have awesome destruction sequences, it would be cool to have it on demand.

Well, they are final and I worked already 8 month on them.
So it never arm to ask but I'll only do bugs, corrections and eventually feature that require only minor work. (like 5mn)

So destruction sorry no, it require doc modif (key, feature) code modif, tests etc. etc.

That did it! They do not die anymore from the high gravity. Thanks.:cheers:

You welcome

Chemi

Interplanetary Traveler
Reaction score
help me! that website is not working! can you give me an external link?(such as mediafire or dropbox) :(

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I reduced the warning from 120sec to 15sec.

Could you please make it so that it only shows up once? Like, the first time you run DGIV without sound it shows up, but then never again.

You can disable the camera effect head up/down with the DGConfig program.
What I can do is set it off by default ?

Dan

Yes, off by default would be good. I didn't even know this was a features. It's quite difficult to taxi without HUD, because you have to rely on the surface MFD or another MFD to give you ground speed, but that takes up valuable space on screen and obstructs the view.

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
I just remembered to come around and install this Dan, and boy am I glad I did.

The little features added to the Arrow really adds some cool ambience, and local lights to the DG-IV have been little add-ins I've wanted forever. So stoked you used some of my voice samples for the Arrow's stuff.

spyder

Reaction score
Ok, this is so amazing, it's like unreal. I really like the new Arrow Freighter. And Dan, I like the fiction part you put in the documentation, made things a bit easier when I wrote the article for it on the fanfiction wiki. Oh, and Dan, just in case you read this, here's you're article on the wiki: http://orbiterfanfiction.wikia.com/wiki/Dan_Polli. If you like it, thank Polaris, he wrote it.

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi, it's great to have the DG-IV for the graphic clients. Thank you very much!

But I think that I've found a bug. I have Orbiter on my C-drive, but to remove the weight of all my Orbiter addons on the drive, I have the Meshes-, Textures- and Textures2-folder on my D-drive linking to it in the Orbiter.cfg file as shown here.

But when I want to repaint with the Scenario Editor, the different textures doesn't appear:
DGIV%20Repaint%20bug.jpg

I suspect that this is because of the module is searching after textures in the Orbiter root folder. Maybe anyone else with textures in a different place can see if it happens to them too?

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is it possible to create a "symbolic link" to the directory, similar to how it's done for the config directory for the dx9 client?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Is it possible to create a "symbolic link" to the directory, similar to how it's done for the config directory for the dx9 client?
It is possible if it's on NTFS file system, but better would be if add-ons didn't hardcode configurable paths.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It's what happens when X-Mas is also a Monday ! :lol: :hailprobe:
Nice work :tiphat:

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As Dan promised the articles are now in place when reloading. No HUDs. Arrow's astonishing bridge got even better. You know how to make me happy.

However, as this imperfect world continues to behave imperfectly I could not load Shuttle A

The scenery loads and points to an empty vessel ( no mesh , no propellers, no nothing)

Orbiter.log accuses:

>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: UCGOShuttleA
>>> [Vessel::LoadModule |.\Vessel.cpp |5442]

It's only me facing this problem?

Thanks and Rgds,

Beep

Last edited:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
The scenery loads and points to an empty vessel ( no mesh , no propellers, no nothing)

Orbiter.log accuses:

>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: UCGOShuttleA
>>> [Vessel::LoadModule |.\Vessel.cpp |5442]

It's only me facing this problem?

I see : You miss the MSDEV redistributable *But don't touch anything*. To avoid such problem I personally link all my DLL statically, I forgot to do it for the UCGOShuttlea:

Here's the version statically linked, it should work. Unzip in Orbiter/modules and replace with this version:
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/UCGOShuttleA.zip

EDIT: Okay now

Last edited:

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
UCGO Shuttle A is GO!

Works fine now with the new .dll :thumbup:

Thanks again and again, Dan.

Rgds,

Beep

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
But I think that I've found a bug. I have Orbiter on my C-drive, but to remove the weight of all my Orbiter addons on the drive, I have the Meshes-, Textures- and Textures2-folder on my D-drive linking to it in the Orbiter.cfg file as shown here.

Ah okay, sorry: misread.
So you have custom folders.

I'm affraid I cannot do anything for you. Orbiter doesn't provide any tool for custom folder management, (Appart a proprietary "open/close")
the installation become a pain and subject to error and all my addons code contain 400 files opening that I would
have to redo or check at least. I don't want to support what I think is a very bad feature. The addon's files
are already exploded all over the Orbiter install (A good addon system is to have only one folder per addon which
include ALL the addon's file), exploding them also on other disk or directory is even worse imho.

You'll have to reinstall a standard orbiter or change the skin's name by hand in scenario.

Last edited:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
...or just keep the "Orbiter\Textures2\DG\Skins" folder there, and move away the rest of the texture files.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Didn't see this addressed, but when I'm running it on D3D9, my UMMU is completely black! :blink: