Humor Did you ever dream about Orbiter?

FADEC

Reaction score
As the title asks: did you ever dream about Orbiter or the Orbiter forum?

It happened to me a few days ago, and it was quite crazy. I don't know if it's worth mentioning here in the forum at all, but why not.

I'm not really responsible for what my subconsciousness does when I sleep. So I'm very sorry for the following: I dreamed that Urwumpe started a thread which was about "hot girls" :rofl: I don't have any clue why Urwumpe, and why "hot girls". Usually I'm able to analyze my dreams (since they're mostly related to something that happened not too long before). But this time I'm completely lost :hmm:

Anyway, I wanted to reply. But I can't remember what he and all the others really posted in the thread. The avatars looked funny however. Different from all the real ones. Quite colorful but indefinable. While I was typing something, the thread rapidly gained more and more pages. Meanwhile my text disappeared several times and I had to type it again and again (some of you might know this - you accidently hit the wrong button on your keypad and it's gone). After several tries the thread already counted 39 pages, and I gave up trying to post something. That was the point when I woke up in the morning.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Only once or twice, a few years ago, and even then only as a small part of a greater nonsense dream.

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
This was just a week ago, i was controlling Cassini above Titan during a flyby, then i see all these people protesting against hate on Justin Bieber, when suddenly some sort of undead ghosts hands started appearing from the ground and dragging the people down to Titan's soil, the arms was so big that one of the arms even tried to grab the :censored: out of Cassini. Along with some creepy music, that scared the :censored: out of me.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Once dreamed that Artlav came out with a new Orulex. Still couldn't drive over hills very well, but wherever you drove, or walked your UMMU, or set something down and later moved it, you left tracks...that got saved somehow to the scenario.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I once had a dream I was on the moon. I don't remember much, but there was supposed to be base somewhere that I never saw. I was having some kind of emergency with my suit. Then I decided to take off my suit because obviously that would resolve any issues I was having. Then I started suffocating... But not really... Then I realized I must be dreaming because nothing happened and I was fine.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For the first few years of me playing orbiter (2009-2012) i would have dreams of me piloting various spacecraft to planets and stations. Though I do not remember any of these dreams vividly.

When I joined OF I began to have dreams of various OF members scolding me.

Keatah

Reaction score
Not much about orbiter. But a lot about other tech. A full journal full.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Once I had a brief one about being on a Saturn IB suborbital launch(?).

rseferino

Orbiter amateur filmmaker
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I dreamed I was flying the LM to land on the moon, and was anguish of beginning to end because my driver did nothing and was to land myself.

I've had other dreams very blurred, where I'm flying a ship, and waking, for some reason, I have a great idea, and suddenly when I wake up I've forgotten.

The craziest dream I had was when my video to Project Orion flight to Mars. We were way to Mars and suddenly something happens and the vessel is depressurized and all were in space suits, I was in the front where they were the landers and then I realized I was alone, and I in what I thought was which was to land and stay on Mars ship because the ship under these conditions we could not return to Earth.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I would love to dream about Orbiter...

Right now I only dream about being under crushing debt and being stuck at a dead end job; it's been three years and I'm still waiting to wake up.

FADEC

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who suffers from nonsense Orbiter dreams :lol:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I had a dream last night that I attended the first flight of the Falcon X out of KSC that flew out of control and blew up.. I think that might have been inspired by my recent Orbiter flights.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So I'm very sorry for the following: I dreamed that Urwumpe started a thread which was about "hot girls" :rofl: I don't have any clue why Urwumpe, and why "hot girls".

:rofl:

And that despite me being pretty reluctant to start new threads and talk about hot girls... well, do we want to test what happens if this dream comes true? :cheers:

I usually only dream of Orbiter when I had been testing too much and too long, and went directly to bed from it... then I keep on testing in my dreams. Sometimes I wake up and have a solution for a problem, which makes this quite nice.

Keatah

Reaction score
Some of the few orbiter-like dreams I did have almost always involved The Shuttle, X-15, Soyuz, or B-52. Perhaps some others that I don't recall off hand, maybe some early jet era commercial planes, like DC-9, 727, 737, 707, 747 -- the 1970's variants. They're not really orbiter dreams, but they could be like orbiter dreams in that views and imagery were similar sometimes. Only sometimes. But dreams of playing the simulation directly or doing neat things with it. Not really. Not like the nightmare of trying to install windows or some other OS a thousand times in 5 minutes while getting off. If you get my drift.. But I do like to dream of 727's and 737's crashing. Or sometimes just driving them around town. It was fun driving one around my old high school parking lot. Especially through the construction mud.

One dream I had was about space probes such as an intelligent Voyager craft with holographic projectors and semi-artificially intelligent circuitry. This one "episode" was a fitful nightmare. I was floating or flying or somehow staying right beside it while it was seemingly being a showoff and projecting orbital tracks in a strange solar system much like ours. Hologram style. 4 terrestrial inner rocks, and some gas giants out-system, except that jupiter and saturn were swapped. There were no uranus & neptune style planets. Anyhow, this "solar system" encountered an orange dust cloud and everything slowed down. Long enough that it would take centuries to return to my home planet and I died in space.

Big future cities are another recent favorite. Or old existing cities made bigger and cluttered up with all kinds of superhighways. Especially neat with O'Hare International Airport - sized Post Office. Mail from all over the world would come here first before going on its way.

Another tech-like dream was about computers. This was about my old intel AL440LX motherboard. Pentium-II class. And there was no graphics card in it. Instead the AGP slot was a screaming blast furnace torch. Like from a crematory. I flipped the mouse upside down and the optical sensor/LED projected Satan on the wall. Typical stuff. Until it became real. My mouse does indeed project a devil apparition. And that's just too creepy.

SpaceEagle

GEP Reborn Project Manager
Reaction score
Just last May 2 I dreamed about this
Code:
 i were the Commander of a DGIV on a mission to deploy satelites with Justin Bieber as a VIP onboard my glider,We were going up up on the LC-39A tower in that elevator (the DGIV was connected to a Shuttle stack) then i tried to punch him(I really really hate Bieber)Then that sucking launch pad suit connector,puting you in that seat in the spacecraft or whatever blocked Bieber then I got angry,then I was now on the commander seat T-1-37-16,at liftoff the cokpit really shaked hard,we got into orbit now my flight engineer gets to EVA to activate the MKTS MKST or whatever Satelite,I opened the nose cone then after the satelite deploying Houston said "get ready for de-orbit burn" then i fired the main engines wile at retrograde,then i opened that nose cone then threw Bieber outta the spacecraft then closed it for re-entry,we landed at White Sands Space Harbor. Finshed

Long,right? :uhh: I slept from 12:00 AM until 9:30 AM,the last night I was coding a mod for a FPS game named Joint Operations:Typhoon Rising then at 11:00 PM I was playing Orbiter for one hour then I slept

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Just last May 2 I dreamed about this
Code:
 i were the Commander of a DGIV on a mission to deploy satelites with Justin Bieber as a VIP onboard my glider,We were going up up on the LC-39A tower in that elevator (the DGIV was connected to a Shuttle stack) then i tried to punch him(I really really hate Bieber)Then that sucking launch pad suit connector,puting you in that seat in the spacecraft or whatever blocked Bieber then I got angry,then I was now on the commander seat T-1-37-16,at liftoff the cokpit really shaked hard,we got into orbit now my flight engineer gets to EVA to activate the MKTS MKST or whatever Satelite,I opened the nose cone then after the satelite deploying Houston said "get ready for de-orbit burn" then i fired the main engines wile at retrograde,then i opened that nose cone then threw Bieber outta the spacecraft then closed it for re-entry,we landed at White Sands Space Harbor. Finshed

Long,right? :uhh: I slept from 12:00 AM until 9:30 AM,the last night I was coding a mod for a FPS game named Joint Operations:Typhoon Rising then at 11:00 PM I was playing Orbiter for one hour then I slept

Yeah,i know C++ but i :idk::idk: up when coding add-ons

FADEC

Reaction score
Not quite related to Orbiter, but maybe it's also interesting to mention that I often dream about being weightless. It always is awesome and feels 100% real. I can feel how my clothes are weightless, and how difficult it can be to maintain the current position and orientation while working with the hands/arms. It either takes place in my flat, which is quite funny, or I'm just aboard the ISS in my dreams.

Some of you might ask: how is it possible to know how it feels when one never experienced weightlessness? Well, a lot of people did in fact, without knowing it really: trampoline. And if you take a bottle of water you can experience it consciously, and look how the water behaves/looks like while you're not on the ground. It's only a very short weightlessness, but it's weightlessness. This, in combination with having watched thousand of hours of space flight videos and broadcasts, can make a dream feel like reality I think.

:rofl:

And that despite me being pretty reluctant to start new threads and talk about hot girls... well, do we want to test what happens if this dream comes true? :cheers:

I'm not sure if we should. It likely would become "typically male", annoying the few female users here, and ending up being locked :lol:

I really have no clue why I dreamed this.