.dll Question dll not found?

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
after doing some googling i set up my visual studio as orbiter wiki said but i realised that i need to make a dll for my mfd how would i do that?

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I think the first question is: Do you know how to program in C++, or failing that what is the difference between Lua and C++?

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ok i have to admit i am just learning c++ and only know the basics i am failing pretty bad at it but i have grabbed the basic ideas of it. i made an mfd in visual basic and i would like to test it i made the mfd off the custom mfd in the sdk i changed some things around just to get the feel of coding. i set it up so it is a dll in vs but how to i save it as a dll i still have the .h and .cpp files but no dll?

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
You have to complie/build the project, this should hopefully create a dll in the target directory.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i went to build the project i set my desktop as my destination and i got this error

error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Users\Alex\Desktop'

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
This is probably UAC blocking it. Your best bet is the modules folder of your Orbiter install or the location of your code.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
As a suggestion why not use the examples in the SDK or on orbit hangar? There are some awesome MFD's out there with source code included.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Was there something wrong with using your previous thread for this? This is just a continuation of the same issue.

The error message that you gave suggests that you have one or more settings incorrect.