Does Martin Schweiger still develop Orbiter?

BigJimW

Original Orbiter Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.moonport.org
Sorry if I am so out of the loop, it's been awhile. Just wondering if the good Doctor still is developing Orbiter.

I remember the early beta testing days. Man was it fun. But it's been almost a decade ago and I am amazed how the application morphed.

And if not, how is he doing?

Wonderer

Reaction score
He occasionally posts screens-hots of new features or asks questions on how to better implement certain features, so, yeah, he's still developing Orbiter.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Weren't the original beta tests done with punch-cards? Orbinauts waiting impatiently on porches for mail couriers and the shoe box packages filled with cards and hanging chads?

BigJimW

Reaction score
Website
www.moonport.org
God I've been out of the loop longer than I thought. Did anybody land on the moon using Orbiter yet? :lol:

I need to get up to speed more. I want to try my hand at some HD videos in Orbiter eventually. But I'm so rusty right now I'll probably couldn't even pilot Freedom 7! :rofl:

Last edited:

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
God I've been out of the loop longer than I thought. Did anybody land on the moon using Orbiter yet? :lol:

I need to get up to speed more. I want to try my hand at some HD videos in Orbiter eventually. But I'm so rusty right now I'll probably couldn't even pilot Freedom 7! :rofl:

Land on the moon? We've gone to Jupiter and landed on those moons! :cheers:

BTW, I fixed your typo!

alagreca

Reaction score
Website
home.myspace.com
Orbiter Development

Hi, Big Jim. I have very much enjoyed your add-ons all of the way back to the 03 days.Moonport seems to be occupied by a strange lot these days though. Martins released Orbiter 2010 last year, 100606 and 100830 but development continues. See link:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/orbitervis/index.php?title=OrbiterPublicBeta

Thanks for all of the great work you have done for the orbiter community. As for landing on the moon, try these links

http://www.acsoft.ch/AMSO/amso.html

http://koti.mbnet.fi/jarmonik/Orbiter.html

Best Wishes.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Wow...long time, no see.

Welcome back.

BigJimW

Reaction score
Website
www.moonport.org
Hey, Jim. How's it going? Lots of cool new stuff out for this version.

HEY! Doing just fine Rolf! I noticed how well Orbiter evolved. Downloaded the latest version the other day and man what changes!

I need to break out the astronaut manuals once again. I feel like Clint Eastwood in Space Cowboys. :)

Lets light this candle one more time!