Support D'OH! Mea Culpa - Shuttle Patch necessary

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So, I'm working on scenarios for the STS-132 expansion pack, and I'm trying to put the ICC back into the payload bay of Atlantis. I go to switch to the keel camera view, and...no view. So, I start checking my other Orbiter installations. (I make a total of five installations of the Fleet series at various installation stages to make troubleshooting easier.) Basic Shuttle Fleet installation, no problem. Every other Expansion pack installation, no joy. So, I start looking at the packages for the Expansion pack and I discover that in the past, I had included a "Shuttle.dll" that at the time was an update, but now is just out of date. So...

I'm replacing the two Expansion Pack packages at OH with the offending Shuttle.dll removed. Rather than make folks completely install the Expansion packs again, I'm posting a patch that will restore the Shuttle.dll for V4.3, and finally, I've attached the patch to this message as well.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies,
Dave

Attachments

• ShuttlePatch.zip
    92.2 KB · Views: 39

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
David, thanks again for the fleet. One of my favorite addons, and definitely the one I used the most. I just did a clean installation of the latest packages, and I noticed, when looking at view 2 or 3, I can see the inside of the cockpit from the payload bay. Clipping issue maybe? Something I can adjust on my end?

**EDIT** Wanted to add, seems to happen day or night, doors open or closed.

Attachments

• STS_Fleet_Cockpit.jpg
    STS_Fleet_Cockpit.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 27

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
David, thanks again for the fleet. One of my favorite addons, and definitely the one I used the most. I just did a clean installation of the latest packages, and I noticed, when looking at view 2 or 3, I can see the inside of the cockpit from the payload bay. Clipping issue maybe? Something I can adjust on my end?

**EDIT** Wanted to add, seems to happen day or night, doors open or closed.

Most likely you are going to the payload bay cameras directly from inside the virtual cockpit instead of first "exiting" the VC via F8 to the forward (key "V") view and then going to the bay cameras. Please see the caution on page 20 of the Fleet manual.

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Most likely you are going to the payload bay cameras directly from inside the virtual cockpit instead of first "exiting" the VC via F8 to the forward (key "V") view and then going to the bay cameras. Please see the caution on page 20 of the Fleet manual.

You are correct. This did resolve the issue. I did have another look at that caution on page 20. Although it does mention making sure you are in the nominal view ("V" key) before entering the VC, I didn't see it mention making sure to do this before using the payload bay cameras.

At any rate, thank you for the words of wisdom and again for this great addon!