Ec1 Inspiration was (New DeltaGlider style ship)

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
when we work, we work mostly on skype, and not publicly on the forum. This allows us to 'talk' without much delay as well as not spamming up the forum.

Opie

Reaction score
1. installed orbiter sound 3.5 support
2. installed MMU support
3. added a panel for crew management and eva system.
4. installed 2 GE Rolls-Royce Engines model F136 Thrust Range: 40,000 lbs.

Bj and I are now working on how our electrical systems are going to work.

Hey I'm working on this program right now! :cheers:

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Things are rolling right along I am coding every day. I Just finished part of the air revitalization system . The ship has a new airlock system and a new Environmental control system with co2 filters. The co2 filters will need to be serviced every 12 - 24 hours per filter depending on the number of crew on board. I have not even started the o2 side of things.

Every system on the ship uses power so everything is all tied into the batteries. I am working on doing a release but we may have only rockets on the first release. The ship will need a lot of management from the crew.
I am trying to get all I have done working on battery loop A so I can release this with only one set of batteries. I may for now put a reset switch on the co2 filters so the ship can be tested.

I have over 400 hours into the code so far.
(I am a new programmer so that = 10 hours of good work.)

Russ

Opie

Reaction score
The FET F136. Its still in testing but they hope to have it in the F-35 late next year

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The FET F136. Its still in testing but they hope to have it in the F-35 late next year

Thats so cool. We are having a little trouble with ours. Our ship just sits in the hanger day after day. It's not trouble it's just that we have to make the reverses work and then we need to start them one at a time. Bj had them working nice. He had them winding up really cool and they would become less efficient with more altitude they are so cool the way bj has them set up.

Then I told him that we need to start them 1 at a time. He is reworking the code now. The other issue we have is we need a call to just turn them on so that people can save in flight. We don't want them to wind up if they are already running. Also we turn them on with a start button and off with the fuel cutoff. We also play a sound for 8 seconds befor they start.

I do a lot of shopping at GE - Aviation. Maybe I will see you some time.
Russ

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Time to start testing

I have a working beta version, But I still need about a week to really make the ship usable. I am testing on a clean pc so I know that the release build is good. Are there any beta testers that would like to test the ship. When I say usable I am saying basic use not finished or even close.

Question:
I am not sure how this works. Where should I put the test files. I can upload to Rapid share or another service like it. Do to an illness This is all I do so I intend to have a new beta version every Friday.

pm me if you would like to test.
Russ

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm sure the hangar will be happy to hold the beta.

EDIT: If you want it to be public.

The ship is not close to being done it would just cause a lot trouble for every one on the hanger. I think at the end of the month I could post a lite release version on the hanger if I could get some real Beta testing done.

It's not about keeping it from the public it's more about giving the public a good version. The ship really is not a lot of fun to use now.

Russ

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
That dosen't matter! I'm sure that it won't cause any trouble, just label it as such:

[scrolling]THIS IS A BETA THIS IS A BETA THIS IS A BETA THIS IS A BETA[/scrolling]
(C) James.Denholm

Anyway, any idiot can then see that it's a beta, no probs! I'm sure that there has been other public betas hosted on the Hangar.

People will update when they see that there's a 1.0, so I wouldn't worry about giving them a "good" version.

And remember, if you want it not to be public, or are still worried about giving them a "good" version, password the zip/rar and only give the password to the beta testers. Make sure to say "THIS IS PASSWORDED" in the description, though.

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
That dosen't matter! I'm sure that it won't cause any trouble, just label it as such:

[scrolling]THIS IS A BETA THIS IS A BETA THIS IS A BETA THIS IS A BETA[/scrolling]
(C) James.Denholm

Anyway, any idiot can then see that it's a beta, no probs! I'm sure that there has been other public betas hosted on the Hangar.

People will update when they see that there's a 1.0, so I wouldn't worry about giving them a "good" version.

And remember, if you want it not to be public, or are still worried about giving them a "good" version, password the zip/rar and only give the password to the beta testers. Make sure to say "THIS IS PASSWORDED" in the description, though.
None of that would matter. There'd still be a new thread started every three days complaining about how this great looking new ship has bugs or such-and-such on it doesn't work right...
You get the idea.

Russ what did you and Doug do when testing the XR5? Maybe you could do the same with this project.

Keep up the great work!

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
None of that would matter. There'd still be a new thread started every three days complaining about how this great looking new ship has bugs or such-and-such on it doesn't work right...
You get the idea.

Russ what did you and Doug do when testing the XR5? Maybe you could do the same with this project.

Keep up the great work!

You are right about a new thead started every 3 days.

Even though this is not Doug's project he has offered to help me host the file in a way so that it is not so public. I want to remind everyone that this is not an XR class vessel. This is all my code so it will not be as nice as Doug's work. Doug is a pro and it really shows in the XR class code.

Thank you Doug for all your help.

Russ

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Oh, ok. Sorry, I supposed that wouldn't happen, however, I suppose I don't have any experience in the field... Either way, whatever you do, it's still going to be awesome.

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Turbines

I have just started looking at the Turbines and I have decided to use the ram jet code as a base for the turbine code. I am going to take some time to learn all I can about how this code works. (the math does not look that bad there is just a lot of it.)

I intend to build a panel that will show me all the variables as the engine runs. Then I will code in some control so the engine can be tuned.

I am really looking forward to building a wind starter or a APU to start the engine.

The ship is working fine now that I have gotten some feed back and fixed some things. I think it is ready for anyone that reads the forum to do some beta using. There is no manual for now.

PM me and let me know if you want to take a look and I will get a link for you.

The ship has 3 panels

1. Cockpit panel (wip)
2. Top panel has switches for the engines, airlock, bay doors, and lites.(wip)
3. Over head panel has and will have more switches to control the power. (wip)

Russ

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
just a quick update Guys

I am building a system to handle a bug list and bug reporting.
I want to make this as little work for you as possible. Here is the bug report list page

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dfw7f7md_2ffjzk6cx

I will list the bug reports as they come in so if you see a bug you can first check the page and see if it is on the list.
I am also building the first beta release package now. When I get it uploaded I will send out links.

Russ

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We can discuses the ship and it features here I just want to set up a nice system to track bugs.
Russ