Ec1 Inspiration was (New DeltaGlider style ship)

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A quick update

ship_011.jpg

ship_012.jpg

Texturing almost complete

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Pbn is doing the lay out work on our power systems

Thank you Pbn. You do good work.
Russ

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
looking good Russ, i like the subtle panel lines. if you don't mind me saying, have you thought about adding some more detail to the textures? - like some subtle grainy detail or something, i usually use data from photos and some hand painting to add texture & weathering to texture maps.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
looking good Russ, i like the subtle panel lines. if you don't mind me saying, have you thought about adding some more detail to the textures? - like some subtle grainy detail or something, i usually use data from photos and some hand painting to add texture & weathering to texture maps.

we will in due time. :cheers:

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
work update

1. installed orbiter sound 3.5 support
2. installed MMU support
3. added a panel for crew management and eva system.
4. installed 2 GE Rolls-Royce Engines model F136 Thrust Range: 40,000 lbs.

Bj and I are now working on how our electrical systems are going to work.

Star explorer

Reaction score
hey Russ H you did you know you can use microsoft paint to create textures right
i mean it aint hard. but i would use a little bit better program for the addon your building. what im tryin to say is why do you need to ask help to make a texture. unless its a really complicated one if it is then asking for help is a good idea.
PS:love the new delta glider your making cant wait till it comes out

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
hey Russ H you did you know you can use microsoft paint to create textures right
i mean it aint hard. but i would use a little bit better program for the addon your building. what im tryin to say is why do you need to ask help to make a texture. unless its a really complicated one if it is then asking for help is a good idea.
PS:love the new delta glider your making cant wait till it comes out

MSPaint is your most basic picture editing program. I think Russ is using photoshop. Much better control over the picture, and wider range of editing the pic.

Anyway the textures you see are probably not the final, we are developing as fast as we can given our (mostly my) tight schedules. :cheers:

these 12 hour days are killing me... ;)

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just looking to make friends and have fun.

also there are some artists that can texture a lot better then I can. I was trying to get one of them interested in texturing the ship. What I did will do till some one better comes along.

space-shuttly was the best I could think of.

you should have seen my first add on. (it was bad)

Thank
Russ

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Guys,

This is developing really well! I think your approach to the project is really clever, and gradual implementation as systems become necessary is the way to go. It'll keep your own interests up, as well as making trouble shooting your beta(s) easier as well.

I really like how much larger than the Delta-G it is without becoming absolutely gigantic. Nice form reflecting function, too. It just LOOKS like it'll handle atmospheric flight well.

Sweet!

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Guys,

This is developing really well! I think your approach to the project is really clever, and gradual implementation as systems become necessary is the way to go. It'll keep your own interests up, as well as making trouble shooting your beta(s) easier as well.

I really like how much larger than the Delta-G it is without becoming absolutely gigantic. Nice form reflecting function, too. It just LOOKS like it'll handle atmospheric flight well.

Sweet!

Just a quick note.
The ship that we are working on is not named yet. It's testing name is AT1000 and is an Antares ship. I just not sure what we are going to name the ship.

The plan is to develop lots of systems that will be implemented one at a time. I am trying to keep us in scope so that we can release a basic ship soon. I think we should have something in about 2 weeks for some beta testing.

Russ

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just added a payload bay

She will hold Delta Glider 4 payloads. I made the bay almost 2 Delta Glider 4 payloads long. I plan to put the solar panels in the back half of the bay. The solar panels may hook to points on the back of the ship. The solar panels will be stored and left in orbit so the full payload bay can be used.