Gaming Elite: Dangerous

Mister Kite

&#%!@?!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Personally, I'm going to try to become friendly with them scary bugs. :)

Or emigrate to Colonia..........maybe???

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Oh hey, something we don't recognize that's just minding its own business! Let's shoot it!

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
They are here. And from what I understand, they are invulnerable to any of our conventional weapons.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Since Distant Worlds 2 is going on at the moment:

dwbTAgf.jpg

:)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Had my first successful mining run last night after 2 unsuccessful attempts the night before. Pretty sure I'm doing the same things I've seen done on countless YouTube videos of mining in 3.3, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. Either way I was getting frustrated and ready to go back to bounty hunting or system scanning.

Found a bright yellow asteroid near a Low Temperature Diamond hotspot on the ring around G 240-11 B 9. It was the fifth such asteroid I'd found, none of which appeared to contain any diamonds, only Methanol Monohydrate.

As before, the prospector limpet reported Methanol Monohydrate deposits a-plenty on this asteroid. Frustrated and not wanting to come home empty-handed, I fired a couple seismic charges into the fissues and got my Asp out of dodge. After a very satisfying explosion, I rushed in to claim my mediocre bounty to find that the spoils were, in fact, low temperature diamond deposits. 2.5 million worth. I'll take it.

And so will someone else apparently. 3 attempted interdictions on the way to the station that was paying nearly the most, thankfully in the same system. Finally finished the jump and requested docking. Slammed it in the bay and grabbed my pay.

I love this game.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
As I'd mentioned in the ChatBox I bought a Viper MkIII to do some bounty hunting now and then. I decided a couple nights ago to make it a dual-purpose craft. I've noticed there tend to be times when I'm in high-security resource sites that the feds and I will clear all the bounties out and then there will be a lull. Following them around on patrol gets boring, especially when half the time they end up supercruising away.

I swapped out one of the fragmentation cannons for a size 1 mining laser. I've also mounted a pulse wave cannon, DSS, and added a refinery.

Worked well last night for the most part, was poking around with the mining laser while waiting for things to kick up again.

Then I got bored with hunting and went back and picked up the Asp to do some deep core mining. Looked on Inara for some good Low Temperature Diamond spots and set off. On the ring that was supposed to have low-temp diamonds however, I found 5 void opal hotspots. I didn't have time or cargo capacity to hit them all before going to bed, but I had a decent run.

Did I mention I love this game?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've been back to the same ring, different hotspots the last 2 nights in the Asp. About 7 mil in Void Opals in just over 30 minutes Sunday night. Last night I only found one good haul. Ended up doing some old-school laser mining, and also trying a little sub-surface mining just to get the hang of it. I used up all the limpets I'd brought, and depleted my target asteroid. Headed back and turned in my haul for another few mil.

I may go back to bounty hunting again tonight. I'm thinking of buying a bigger ship to do so, maybe a Vulture. Or I may just stick with the Viper since it's cheap and easily replaced.

---------- Post added 02-13-19 at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-12-19 at 03:06 PM ----------

I've decided to stick with the Viper MkIII for now. I paid Todd "The Blaster" McQuinn my first visit last night to begin engineering the multi cannons.

Paid a few visits to a detention center because of multiple occurrences of ONE stray MC round hitting a system authority vessel during a fight, resulting in a Wanted status. The crime/punishment system needs some tweaking in this area, but it's more of an annoyance than anything. Thankfully the Viper with A-rated thrusters and FSD can get away in a hurry.

Last edited: