Gaming Furymetal: a Dwarf Fortress succession fort

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Does anybody want to post a screeny of the fortress as it stands with one of the 3D visualization tools? I could myself, but I'm not sure whether said tools work under Wine.

I've not had any luck with Wine. Does somebody else want to give it a try?

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Sorry for the long wait, everyone. The latest save can be downloaded for the next fellow here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyyequyztmk
I'll go ahead and take the next turn.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

1st Granite 207
So much has changed. There's a dwarfly wall of iron and steel, but the main gate is finished. So many more graves, a working, obsidan works, but its filled too high with magma. The goblin ironworks of dwarfmass litter our fields.

2nd Granite 207
Stupidbeard had the unhappy fate to meet a Goblin master thief. She was rewarded with a dagger to the face. She stumbled across the bridge and collapsed into death's embrace. Stupidbeard's long hours of record keeping kept her from forming any meaningful relationships, the once mayor was buried quietly.
stupidbearddies2gran.jpg

Obok Misdastot, a peasant has been assigned as the new hoardmaster.

14th Slate 207
Bought a lot of food from the elves. This should add some more variety than our primary diet of plump helmet.

1st Felsite 207
PRAISE THE MINERS!
adamant.jpg
More to come, there's lots of additions to the fort. I gotta figure out how to export the 3d map.

Last edited:

Eagle

Reaction score
13th Hematite 207
Bought food and anvils from the human caravan.

15th Malachite 207
Our first obsidian cast is successful! Wow that took a long time to set up.
obsidancast.jpg

19th Sandstone 207
A dwarven caravan came. Bought lots of gems, metal bars, food and drink.

23rd Sandstone 207
7 more migrants, population is 143. A marksdwarf was among them, otherwise nothing special about them.

16th Moonstone 207
Up until now we've merely had goblin and kobold thieves. They've sent an ambush. The 3 wrestlers will not be a problem. But the 4 bowman worry me. Our soldiers are in steel plate so hopefully we will not take losses.
gobambush.jpg

They're firing on our legendary woodcrafter. His dog did a decent job wounding one of the wrestlers. He really wouldn't be much of a loss, but charge! Dangit, why are the squad leaders drinking right now?
Usuth Uruslogem, the immigrant marksdwarf was picking up a single iron bolt or something and is caught alone, he clubbed a wrestler to death with his crossbow. Ouch, a bolt into his right hand! Annother to his chest, through his heart and lung!

I curse the other soldiers as they arrive in time to merely take a single chop at a bowman as he runs off. The goblin wrestlers are dead, but the squad leader for the axedwarves will be replaced for his incometence.

Also Besmar Kubukzefon, a marksdwarf has no eyes. I'm going to releave him of duty for now and let him deal with his pain working a pump. Once he has delt with his disability I think he would make a great blind hammerdwarf.

19th Moonstone 207
A war dog discovered the other half of the ambush and chased 5 wrestlers away.

4th Opal 207
So many snatchers. Some escape with their lives.

5th Obsidian 207
I've been slowly building a walkway to follow the cave river. Its nice and scenic, just remember to keep marksdwarves handy. I can't decide if it would be better to just kill the fire imps and magmaman in the pipe, or capture them to put in a zoo.

14th Obsidian 207
Made a second obsidian cast. I figure it can be harvested and cast again in about a month. Kudos to whoever did the water input, its very fast. My magma input does have the problem of overfilling up to right under the bridge so its important to not have it pump magma in for very long. The bowl only needs to have 1 deep magma to work anyways.

1st Granite 208
Probably 10-11 births, a couple deaths, a goblin ambush and ADAMANTITE!
endofyear.png
In other news I've almost completed the first set of adamantium armor. All that's missing are the greaves. Quality level is exceptional or masterful on all parts.

---------- Post added 03-13-10 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-12-10 at 11:39 PM ----------

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1918
And the save file. I tried the export local image, which worked, but I couldn't use their map compressor to fit the viewer. :/

Kveldulf

Reaction score
I'm still pretty new with DF, but I'd love to take a turn if possible. Preferably near the end of March, as then I'll be on spring break.

Also, you've struck Adamantine. Has the HFS shown up yet?

Eagle

Reaction score
I'm still pretty new with DF, but I'd love to take a turn if possible. Preferably near the end of March, as then I'll be on spring break.

Also, you've struck Adamantine. Has the HFS shown up yet?
HFS? What's that? :tiphat:
No, not yet. Part of the fun is guessing how much shiny blue metal you can steal before making 'discoveries'.

You're welcome to take a turn when you can. Pipe up when its about that time. Realistically it means you'll probably go after the next person.

Kveldulf

Reaction score
Just as a heads up, I grabbed the most recent save, and I'll be starting my turn later tonight, after I get off work.

I'm running 40d19. That's not going to cause any problems is it?

Eagle

Reaction score
Just as a heads up, I grabbed the most recent save, and I'll be starting my turn later tonight, after I get off work.

I'm running 40d19. That's not going to cause any problems is it?
If it works, it works. But we've been using 40d, so if you get bugs, use that.

Kveldulf

Reaction score
Someone else take my turn. Its a long story, but I wont be able to finish my turn in a timely manner.

I'll try again later.