OHM Future Earth-Global Warming

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: mr martian

Hey Guys, this is a small ad-on i decided to upload as a special thanks to the orbiter community. it is an impression of the Earth after a catastrophic global warming incedent. enjoy

DOWNLOAD

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks! This looks really neat; will definitely make up scenarios using it. :thumbup:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Looks like I've got beachfront property now.:p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
How many meters higher is the sea level there? :lol:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
You should make a new KSC for this where the runway is an aircraft carrier and the launch pads are on top of of Isle del VAB. on a side note, I feel that parts of Florida would resemble the Bahamas instead of wholly disappearing like deep water. I guess it depends on the depth

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
"READ ME!!!!!!.txt"

Well, at least nobody's going to miss that... Though you might want to place your name into the read me file itself. It's possible to lose track of who created an addon if you store the zip files on the hard drive.

Will you create a higher res version in the future? These textures are quite low res...

Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
thanks for all the feedback. im glad u like it. i made this map by using a grey style heightmap of earth and setting the contrast to maximum, so there were only two colors: black and white. i then changed the brightness until i found a look i liked, i found that Florida was completely submerged (hope this doesnt happen, when i move to America i want to see Florida).... anyway, this was actually part of a massive project portraying a future solar system, set in 2582, complete with a terraformed Mars and Europa. this separate version of orbiter has about 40 different space ships and stations and many offworld bases and colonies. it is also part of a timeline that includes different stages of human advancement throughout the centuries. i would love to share it with you, but i am trying to get into the film bushiness so i keep these creations close to my chest. (i want to make a film set in this universe)..... however, if u really, really want me to upload it, i might. anyway, glad u like the ad on, its always great to hear feedback :)

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
i understand it is completely submerged, i was actually talking about the submerged part of the bahamas, the bright blue water. There are some white sand beaches in Florida that I was thinking might resemble the shallows in the bahamas. to illustrate what i mean, i looked up the highest point in florida and it was 105 meters. the highest point in the bahamas is a little over 60 meters. IF florida is totally submerged, and the ocean has risen about 110 meters, fully covering florida, the highest point in the bahamas would be submerged under 50 meters of water.

the bahamas are still visible on the flooded earth, but florida is almost invisible. I was thinking that if florida is 50 meters taller than the bahamas, then either some of florida would be more visible (though submerged, of course) or the bahamas would disappear completely

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

according to this site:

http://www.tamug.edu/cavebiology/bahamas/satellitephotos.html

the bright colored patches in the bahamas average only about 3 meters deep. if florida is covered completely, they will be under about 60 meters of water, in which case, i personally would speculate that the bahamas might disappear without a trace

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
105 meters? Then I have a house on a single lonly island now, a few kilometers away from the shore.

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
this looks like a very interesting addon, please make more. i will download it and some of youre other addons soon. ive alwys wanted a future earth for orbiter, but since florida goes underwater, it might interfear with my cape canaveral addon im currently working on. but i guess i will have to relocate the base, if this addon is permanent. is it permanent, or only in only few scenerios? ether way, it looks amazing :):):)

Last edited:

Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
this looks like a very interesting addon, please make more. i will download it and some of youre other addons soon. ive alwys wanted a future earth for orbiter, but since florida goes underwater, it might interfear with my cape canaveral addon im currently working on. but i guess i will have to relocate the base, if this addon is permanent. is it permanent, or only in only few scenerios? ether way, it looks amazing :):):)

yeah. i have made a seccond space port. this is set 500 yrs into the future, i guess there would be a new spaceport in a new location, so i made a Lake Michigan spaceport, which is a lot bigger. :lol: but that is not included in this ad-on