OHM G42-200 StarLiner WIP1

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: moach

First WIP release of the G42-200 Starliner SSTO space-plane

current features: (WIP-1)

* almost fully modelled interior model * still untextured, but also almost-there ext model
* 54 flickable switches in the VC, of which a few actually do stuff 
* animated stick and throttle on the VC (ext model ACS not there yet)
* 6 all-purpose MFDs with LCD-labeled softkeys
* 2 crudely developed, poorly-funcional EICAS screens
* a just-for-now digital fuel readout
* coarse engine simulation for all stages
* forgiving fly-by-wire flight dynamics (best with auto-trim MFD)
* animated gears, canards and visor (no simulation effect)
* animated and simulated waverider/feather wing modes
* a nice amout of extra HUD info (vc)
* 2-position cockpit with alternating pilot-on-the-other-side meshes (still crude)
* OMS thruster set, controlled by main throttle authority switch (main engines must be closed)

DOWNLOAD

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
I will give it a try on OMP server :)

---------- Post added 05-07-11 at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-06-11 at 03:10 PM ----------

I will give it a try on OMP server :)
I tryed it and it was really fun. I didnt try on omp yet. Doing a hop from ksc to win. Win was in the dark on reentry. dark in cockpit couldn't see to get wing-tip in proper config. I used scenerio editor to get me some daylight ;) This ship really is awsome ty

RaR76

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome! Thank you for this awesome contribution - addons like this double the enjoyability of Orbiter IMO.

I love the attention to detail in the VC, I feel like I'm in the ship! I must have opened and closed the visor 100 times just for the feel of it :)

Good luck with the next release! Tell me if there's an area in particular that needs testing and I can test.

Keatah

Reaction score
This looks like a winner! Can't wait to follow continued development of this.

It looks gorgeous and like a real space-plane borne from the SST concepts of the 60's and 70's.
Please focus on the VC and develop it as much as you can. The windows are correctly sized and generous. A nice angular futuristic look to everything. The high contrast buttons and stuff, its all good!

Give us a paint-kit and I'm sure we'll make all the major airlines of the world for it. The classic pan-am livery would be good as well as the united friendship one.

Last edited:

buster

Reaction score
Awesome concept!
Beautiful bird, kinda mix of concorde/ XB-70/ SR-71.
Seems to have quite the right system-depth (when finished)

Keep up the good work!

P.S.
Unfortunately, I had a CTD once...
Wasn't able to reproduce it yet, most likely it could be another addon

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
This looks like a winner! Can't wait to follow continued development of this.

It looks gorgeous and like a real space-plane borne from the SST concepts of the 60's and 70's.
Please focus on the VC and develop it as much as you can. The windows are correctly sized and generous. A nice angular futuristic look to everything. The high contrast buttons and stuff, its all good!

Give us a paint-kit and I'm sure we'll make all the major airlines of the world for it. The classic pan-am livery would be good as well as the united friendship one.

Someone else shares my idea Moach. Cheers! :cheers:

Numero6

Reaction score
Amazing addon, the VC looks great it remindme to Xplane or flight simulator the starting sequence. Love it!

RaR76

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok been playing and testing and found a CTD. I'm glad I narrowed it down on my end :)

Ok reproduce-able ctd:

1) takeoff from kennedy without reheat
2) climb to 10km alt at mach .9 (about 25-35 degrees pitch), meanwhile retract canards and enable cockpit visor
3) for the rest of the flight hold pitch between 1 and 5 degrees (either manually or attitude mfd)
4) after mach 1, place wings in waverider position
5) at mach 1.9, open ram intake, count to 10, then start ramcaster
6) speed up game to 10x
7) wait for ctd (usually doesn't get past 900s sim time)

Orbiter will ctd also if ramcaster doesn't get switched to high.

The issue is with the ramcaster. There is no ctd if just the main engines and the oxygen engines are used. I also tried a clean install + G42 and I get the same results.

Hope this helps!

[EDIT] Some computer specs:
Phenom x4 965 be
4 gigs ram
Nvidia GTX 470

Last edited:

bornflying79

Reaction score
Thanks I've really been looking for a bird just like this. I am a pilot in real life and this makes me feel like i'm truly sitting in the cockpit of a real ship. I hope that most of those buttons and dials will become functional! Is there any chance for a 2D cockpit? Just wondering. Nice work so far!

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ok been playing and testing and found a CTD. I'm glad I narrowed it down on my end :)

Ok reproduce-able ctd:

1) takeoff from kennedy without reheat
2) climb to 10km alt at mach .9 (about 25-35 degrees pitch), meanwhile retract canards and enable cockpit visor
3) for the rest of the flight hold pitch between 1 and 5 degrees (either manually or attitude mfd)
4) after mach 1, place wings in waverider position
5) at mach 1.9, open ram intake, count to 10, then start ramcaster
6) speed up game to 10x
7) wait for ctd (usually doesn't get past 900s sim time)

Orbiter will ctd also if ramcaster doesn't get switched to high.

The issue is with the ramcaster. There is no ctd if just the main engines and the oxygen engines are used. I also tried a clean install + G42 and I get the same results.

Hope this helps!

[EDIT] Some computer specs:
Phenom x4 965 be
4 gigs ram
Nvidia GTX 470

This has already been adressed, it was an open value table, that caused a crash whenever a value was looked up that didnt exist, it will be fixed for WIP2

Check out the development thread to see all the bugs weve found and what to expect in future

Keatah

Reaction score
Amazing addon, the VC looks great it remindme to Xplane or flight simulator the starting sequence. Love it!

you mean this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-5-boe6QCY"]YouTube - Planes of XPlane 10 and 9 made by JRollon Planes[/ame]
Haha!! The music makes the video. There's so much aftereffects it's ridiculous. And the x-plane team keeps delaying version 10 because they're playing with the mobile appz.

Meantime, We can all look forward to this new starliner.

Mitchster

Reaction score
nice plane/spacecraft

but uh how do you start it up? :huh:

jthill

Reaction score
nice plane/spacecraft

but uh how do you start it up? :huh:

Yah, I didn't read the readme either. It tells you what switches you need to flick in the VC. The engine-start sound effects are just there to mess with you.

(edit:) Didn't notice the new posts went to a second page, sorry for dup.

Last edited:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
maybe we need to find a way to make the readme compulsory, people dont seem to understand that this is far more realistic than most spacecraft addons, there'll be even more switches you need to flick later on.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
next releases could feature a welcome screen (telling you to read the manual) that pops in whenever a scenario is started without a "skip" flag :rolleyes:

to remove the "annoying factor" that flag would be set upon the first scenario save, so it would only appear the first time you load 'er up...

perhaps in a more advanced state, i could add an in-sim manual... or i just might carry on with my idea to incorporate the chromium framework into an orbiter popup box :hmm: effectively allowing you to browse the blagnets and read pdf/txt/html/whatever docs without having to alt+tab or fly in windowed mode :hmm:

but yeah, for now - just read the README :cheers:

jthill

Reaction score
DG4 has blurbs in the 1st-time startup. Putting the ship name in the readme title might help, "G422 Starliner READ ME.txt", and maybe put it in the Doc folder, tho I confess I didn't even look the first time :facepalm: