Gas Price Relief?

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Came across this website through a YouTube video:

http://www.gaspricerelief.net/

I was interested in what others think about it. It sounds good, but the website itself seems kind of like a scam of some sort. According to the maker of the video where I found it, he saved more than $100.

mrspacely

Reaction score
lets all pool together a dollar and share the instructions amongst ourselves!! sounds like either a scam or something that doesnt work as well as they say it works, so i wouldnt pay that much for just instructions... id pay a dollar though..

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
lol!! $297 retail value.. I've never even heard of running your car on water. I've heard of steam power which I assume this must make to power the car, but I have serious doubts. I'd like to hear from other consumers who took the chance and bought this thing before I believe it. I'd love to believe it though, anything to shaft the greedy oil companies is a step forward in my book.

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
I am starting to think I might have jumped the gun, here. After checking that user's other videos, I no longer believe he is really credible. Sorry for what is probably a waste of time.

Scarecrow

Reaction score
As I understand it, the basic principle behind the "run your car on water" idea is that you can use electricity to split water into hydrogen and oxygen. You then burn these to create energy to power your car, and the electricity to split more water. The problem with this arises when you realize that when you burn Hydrogen and Oxygen, you get water. So the net reaction is (in highly unscientific notation):

H2O + electrical energy -----> H2O + electrical energy + energy to move your car

However, this violates the Law of Conservation of Energy, and therefore is obviously BS:facts:.

thomasantony

Reaction score
Website
www.thomasantony.com
As I understand it, the basic principle behind the "run your car on water" idea is that you can use electricity to split water into hydrogen and oxygen. You then burn these to create energy to power your car, and the electricity to split more water. The problem with this arises when you realize that when you burn Hydrogen and Oxygen, you get water. So the net reaction is (in highly unscientific notation):

H2O + electrical energy -----> H2O + electrical energy + energy to move your car

However, this violates the Law of Conservation of Energy, and therefore is obviously BS:facts:.

Well actually on burning H2 and O2, due to the nature of the second law of thermodynamics, you lose some energy as heat, and after using some energy to power your car, there wont be much left to electrolyze water back to H2 and O2.

~
Thomas

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
erm... BMW released a car with hydrogen engine last year, which they WOULD be capable to produce serial. Problems arising: The stuff is yet too expensive, it will need time for gas stations to adapt and Nuclear Power has to be increased if europe wants to drive on hydrogen. This is a very delicate point, since many of europes nations are pulling out of nuclear energy, settling back to coal or nuke-power from eastern europe, because of the "risks" of nuke-reactors (well yeah, it's less risk for France indeed if rumania has the plant standing in their country. So much for ethics!)

Anyways, Americans get their fuel cheap enough anyways! ;)

I agree you have to cross longer distances, though. But when I see what american cars drink and compare that to europeans, I can't feel alot of pitty. It's really no problem today building a decent car that doesn't consume more than 5 liters per 100 km.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The best way to reduce fuel costs, is to not use fuel at all. We are addicted to petrol and the companies know it.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
It's not just the oil companies. It's also the fact that the Middle East has hit peak oil, India and China are suddenly using a lot more oil, and the environmental movement in the West has stopped any new drilling from really happening there. The US and Canada actually have some fairly massive reserves in the form of oil shale and tar sands, which are more expensive to extract than crude oil has been in the past, but are cheaper than crude is now.

But yeah, the oil companies haven't been doing much to deal with any of this, because, at least to a certain point, high oil prices are good for them.

Scrooge McDuck

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbitermap.no-ip.org
Haha, when I even just look a website (I mean at the layout) like this, you can figure see it's probably some sort of Multi-Level marketing construction (pyramid scheme).
Typical to these websites is that the selling offer always ends the next day or something, whatever day you look at it :lol:
The instructions you get after buying are probably that you must create a youtube video promoting the site, or get as much as mails/links to the site to refer other people to sell this, for wich you theoretically get money and therefore save a theoretical $150 each month...

In the Netherlands selling/game constructions like these are illegal, if the actual product is non-existent. However, often a workaround is made by selling a 'set of instructions', containing instructions that you should convince as many other people to buy as possible, getting for example $25 for each person you find.
But if this site is not MLM-like, it's even worse :)

Btw, more about this version of perpetual mobiles:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water-fuelled_car

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Reminds of a story one of my teachers once said:

For only $80, you can buy instructions off the Internet for a solar-powered clothes dryer. You will save hundreds of dollars each year on your electric bill. When the instructions arrive, this is what you get:

clothesline.jpg

Again, I apologize for posting such a BS topic.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I assume the top line is a local power supply. Don't one anybody short getting hold of that...

N.

reverend

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86moQ-MR3EU"]YouTube - hydrogen/oxygen gas from water[/ame]

Great stuff... Not a Scam Really... This is a hydrogen/oxygen generator I made myself in my basement for under $50... I didn't buy anyone's plans, I just watched about a thousand Youtube videos. The system is extremely simple.

This is not a prepetual motion machine! You have to apply electricity to make the H2/O2, and you have to burn gasoline to make the electricity, just nearly not as much gasoline as it takes to drive your car... There is no recycling the water from the exhaust... This is just water vapor that exits thru the exhaust...

1) You have to still put gasoline in your car
2) You have to change the water in the tank from time to time
3) You have to apply electricity to do this...

You can save a little bit of gasoline by using just a tiny bit of electricity that's easily generated from your car's alternator... When you're coasting or rolling down hill, momentum and gravity will turn the alternator... This provides the extra power to run this system. No alternator or battery upgrades should be necessary to have a water system help you to save gas money... BUT

You can go out and upgrade the alternator, add more batteries, maybe even employ a small gasoline powered generator and infact make enough hydrogen gas to run a motor even without gasoline.

There's a few dozen video's of folks running small motors on nothing but gaseous hydrogen and oxygen...

Two things to be aware of... This isn't creating more energy than it's consuming... It does not violate laws of thermodynamics...

A more efficient vehicle could be made if you simply ran electric motors from the same batteries however... generally speaking, electric motors don't have the torque or power of internal combustion engines. This is what I want... Otherwise I'd just have an electric car.

I'm totally fine with using 2-3 times more electricity to have an 'electric' car with an internal combustion engines. Electricity is free from solar, hydro, and wind. Sure the vehicle might need recharging overnight, but I'd say it's worth it to be able to get away from paying these rediculous amounts of money for gasoline these days...

Next project will be to actually outfit a vehicle with an even bigger hydrogen generator than you see in the video above :) I ordered some parts today...

PS Sorry if there is a thread about this that's newer. I did a quick search and found this one...

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
All this BS about sticking it to the "greedy oil companies".

Those oil companies aren't holding back technology in order to make money; if such a magic substitute for oil existed they would all be racing each other to see who could market it first. Not only would it make them a huge pile of money, it would also improve their poor public image, which is propagated by people whining about them "making profits", which is, of course, what they are in business to do after all. BTW, the energy companies did try this before, when they actually did find a magic replacement for oil: nuclear fission! 6 pounds of gasoline (~1 gallon) vs. 6 pounds of enriched uranium, the uranium wins every time. Unfortunately, there are severe limitations to fission which precluded its widespread use. Currently there is just no substitute for the energy density and cost-effectiveness of petroleum-based fuel. It's not only cheap, it's easy to use, handle, and transport.

You may think that oil is more expensive, but in fact it is not. Your money is just worth a lot less, mainly because it's completely fake and is not backed by anything. A pound of silver today buys about the same amount of gasoline as a pound of silver did 40 years ago, but because of inflated fiat currency that pound of silver, and the gasoline you can trade for it, cost a lot more.

I'll stop before this post gets too long, but you could write, and many have written, a treatise on the subject of oil, free market economics, and monetary policy. Complaining about "evil big oil" is the easy way out for those who don't want to think too hard and like to find scapegoats.

Last edited:

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I'll stop before this post gets too long, but you could write, and many have written, a treatise on the subject of oil, free market economics, and monetary policy. Complaining about "evil big oil" is the easy way out for those who don't want to think too hard and like to find scapegoats.

Considering that the US government "makes" more "profit" on a gallon of gas, through taxes, than the oil companies.

Windfall profit taxes my :censored:! The oil companies will just pass that "added cost" on to the consumer.

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
You may think that oil is more expensive, but in fact it is not. Your money is just worth a lot less, mainly because it's completely fake and is not backed by anything. A pound of silver today buys about the same amount of gasoline as a pound of silver did 40 years ago, but because of inflated fiat currency that pound of silver, and the gasoline you can trade for it, cost a lot more.

I have heard this before. What confuses me is that, even though the US Dollar is falling, how does that explain increasing gas prices in other locations such as Canada and Europe?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have heard this before. What confuses me is that, even though the US Dollar is falling, how does that explain increasing gas prices in other locations such as Canada and Europe?

That's a good question, I have heard somewhere that the price of oil is somehow tied specifically to the U.S. dollar, as opposed to the Euro or the Pound, maybe the answer lies there.

But IIRC the Euro is also a fiat currency unbacked by any standard, and that the same inflationary monetary theories that dominate the US Federal Reserve's managers are prevelant throughout the Western world.

reverend

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't really care that much about the oil companies... i'm not trying to 'stick it to them'... #1: I'm interested in saving money. If I add a water/fuel cell to my vehicle I'm going to save money operating it by not having to put as much gasoline in the chamber... electricity i can get free... water i can get free... with a one time investment to modify the vehicle the operating costs can be significantly reduced... water for hydrogen is a much better alternative to putting hydrogen filling stations all around the world too.. and not to mention all the pansy BS about zero emissions and cleaning the environment, and reducing dependency on fossil fuels. I'm in it first to save $, but also because I expect hydrogen+oxygen vacuumed into the cyllinder to make a better engine. better in terms of performance and efficiency...