Project Getsuei Dodai

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I tried doing it again without hover thrusters, and it's still pretty easy. Come in slowly with a high AOA (60-80 degrees) with main engines running 25% or so, until close to the ground (25m,) then pitch down and throttle up. You'll speed up, but the higher engine power should keep vertical speed manageable. When rear wheels come down, cut the power and hit the brakes. It should only take 50-70m to come to a stop. Less if you aren't a crappy pilot like me. :thumbup:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Not every vessel in Orbiter has hover engines. :facepalm:

Using aerodynamic lift (Note the aero = air) on the moon could sure be a challenge... did you check the atmospheric density of the moon before deciding to first add runways and then write this post as defense of your decision...:facepalm:

PS: Before you start lithobraking, the speed will be normal orbital speed. magnetic brakes would work with suspension to counter gravity, but still... you are about 1700 m/s fast - you would need 173 seconds at 1 g deceleration to slow down and travel 147.3 km in that time before you stop. It scales with deceleration, but at 10 g, you would still need 15 km "runway".

Last edited:

jstowe96

Orbiter add-on creator noob
Reaction score
Hey pyromaniac Why dont you build a Sling Shot launcher as a runway. Ill draw a picture right now to show you what I mean.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I think I know what you mean, sort of like the Heavy Steam Catapult so that the craft slows down as it goes up the ramp?

Darren

Edit: Since its really annoying you I won't put the runways, ok, happy now? (Exept Postmaster thanks for the sign idea. :lol: )

Last edited:

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
Glad your using the sign idea. Just don't build any offices in the sign.

At least not your own:p.

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
If I do put it in though I'll need some more funny signs or It'll seem out of place.
"Beware Moon ahead"?

Darren

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
Here is some odd things to make funny signs out of.

"Martin was here."
(Or should it be 'is'?)

"Welcome to Chicago."
(This was a April Fools gag. Some joker put a billboard up in Los Angeles with this on it where people coming in via plane could see it.)

"Your flight was not booked properly. You cannot land."
(This would be funny if the mesh is set up to only load when your close in:lol:.)

This is mostly likely mandatory:
":hail: :probe:"

I think a surface texture with some probe hailing action would be a great idea. If only there was some way to keep people from mistaking the Probzca Lines for a landing site....

Last edited:

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
I think a surface texture with some probe hailing action would be a great idea. If only there was some way to keep people from mistaking the Probzca Lines for a landing site....
HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT PROBE!? Probe deserves nothing but the largest and most hazardous monument to landing known to man!!! :tiphat: :hail::probe:

Darren

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_lines"]Nazca Lines[/ame]. Clear things up a little? I wasn't saying you should make the :probe: monument a landing site, just that it could be mistaken for for one.

Maybe a mountain topped with the likeness of the Most Holy Satellite would be better than the Probzca Lines.

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
You said make it a surface texture that would be disrespect it must have the most gigantic monument to any spacecraft EVER!!!! :lol:

Darren

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
0.0 GREATEST IDEA EVAR!!!
Sorry I haven't been active lately, I've been playing Minecraft. :lol:

Darren