Halo Physics

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yes I do understand it but light can be transfered to waves. Light is an electromagnetic disruption, all electrions are one but it is everywhere at once, and antimatter is matter that goes back in time ALL UNBELIEVABLE BUT TRUE:speakcool:

Electromagnetic radiation has a wave character, but also particle characteristics (The famous dualism of light). This is different to sound, which has only wave character. Light is also no electromagnetic disruption (That term is used for Howard Stern), but electromagnetic radiation.

Look: I am sure you own a mobile phone. Your mobile phone is converting radio waves (at 1800000 kHz, you can maximal hear sound at about 1 kHz) into sound. But can you HEAR the electromagnetic radiation without a receiver and a speaker? No. Because you need a device to convert electromagnetic radiation into electrical currents and then turn these currents into sound. And even that is not enough. You need to demodulate the electromagnetic signal, decode digital compressed data streams and turn them then into sound with a speaker.

And antimatter is not moving back in time. Who ever told you that, is a big big idiot. Antimatter is not the opposite of matter. In fact, the antiparticle of a photon, the gauge particle of the electromagnetic field, is just another photon. And this happens pretty often in nature.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I really find quantum physics fasinitng. Like warp physics is fun.
If you warp past warp 9 which is the c to the 128 power, c standing for the speed of light, it is considered teleporting.

:sos:

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
I really find quantum physics fasinitng. Like warp physics is fun.
If you warp past warp 9 which is the c to the 128 power, c standing for the speed of light, it is considered teleporting.
and how exactly does one attain warp speed. using quantum physics...

i am also fascinated by quantum physics but even theoreticly you cant attain FTL travel because as you reach the speed of light your own gravitational field would crush you and whatever ship your in. that is unless you use the "alternate dimention" idea. im not sure but i dont think thats even theoreticly possible

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok you are not satisifed here is another example, they sent a dinosaur bone on the space shuttle. They have deployed a giant radiation meter (i forget what they are called) and accidently discovered gamma ray burst. And once again I am not intrested in STS missions so who knows what else they have sent up there.
Yes, there are two sorts of reasons to go into space (or send something into space):
- Scientific: This is usually the primary reason. Expand our knowledge of ourselves and our universe.
- Sentimental: As humans, we do these sorts of things. There's no logical reason to do it, but it appeals to emotions. This is why we send someone's ashes or dinosaur bones into space, or take tourist trips there.

Sending a microphone into space is neither scientific (since nothing can be accomplished by it) nor sentimental (as should be obvious).

All you want to do is prove your point and make people sound crazy so people will listen to you. You may not know it but that is what you are thinking subconiously,
So now you're a psychologist, and using an ad hominem as well. You've failed to take into account that I am in fact proving my point very well. You're just throwing out random stuff that's not even really cohesive.

Don't be surprised when on a forum which has many scientifically-minded people among its members you make blatantly untrue claims and someone steps in to correct you.

I am sorry I got opitcal and auditory physics confused again so you can not hear explosions but you can hear stuff hiting yours shuttle.
Yes, and I submit the claim that if your shuttle is close enough to an explosion that things are hitting it, you are too close.

Moreover, according to Halo canon, space combat in the Halo 'verse takes place at many hundreds thousands of kilometers distance up to light-second distances. Needless to say, debris from the explosion will not be hitting you at that distance.

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
Moreover, according to Halo canon, space combat in the Halo 'verse takes place at many hundreds thousands of kilometers distance up to light-second distances. Needless to say, debris from the explosion will not be hitting you at that distance.
didnt know that. im just using what little my halo junkie friends have told me and the mass effect codex

i like the mass effect lore more than halo. mass effect gives a viable science fiction reason for everything. like guns. they never run out of ammo since the ammo is literally a block of dense metal like iron. the gun shaves off a few particles and fires them through a railgun. as they pass through the railgun (wich is why they build up heat so fast) a mass effect is used to give those particles the mass of a very large (.45-.75) bullet. this mass effect is applied just as it leaves the railgun portion of the gun so it is traveling at extremely high speeds.

FTL travel is accomplished by making a mass effect in front of a ship. no thrust is needed since the ship is essentially falling into the gravity well that is being created in front of it by the mass effect. normal thrusters are still used in combat or normal flight since it is much more efficient and generates far less heat than a mass effect module

Last edited:

goop

ShipMaster
Reaction score
didnt know that. im just using what little my halo junkie friends have told me and the mass effect codex
That is false if you played Halo Wars you know the fights in the upper atmosphere can be feet apart. Halopedia says that the average fighting distance is at most around 20000 meters (4-5 miles) usually.
This is because the Mac cannon fires depeleted uraniam A says halopedia. and they are not heat seaking. Keep in mind that a UNSC Frigate is a mile long. So that is not alot manuvering room. But it is where they fight at. The Covenant ships are very manuverable and over confident of their shields so they get as close as possible to their target.

Dambuster

Reaction score
Could someone please clarify whether we are talking about:
a) REAL physics
b) HALO physics
c) STAR TREK physics
d) STAR WARS physics

Thanks ;)

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
That is false if you played Halo Wars you know the fights in the upper atmosphere can be feet apart. Halopedia says that the average fighting distance is at most around 4000 meters (4-5 miles) usually.
This is because the Mac cannon fires depeleted uraniam A says halopedia. and they are not heat seaking. Keep in mind that a UNSC Frigate is a mile long. So that is not alot manuvering room. But it is where they fight at. The Covenant ships are very manuverable and over confident of their shields so they get as close as possible to their target.
im not questioning your knoledge of halo since i know next to nothing myself but 4000m is only about 1.8 miles (i think)

goop

ShipMaster
Reaction score
a) REAL physics
b) HALO physics
c) STAR TREK physics
d) STAR WARS physics

Thanks ;)

A+B

I know quantum physics is confusing, Halo physics is confusing. Some times fact is stranger than fiction:speakcool:

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

im not questioning your knoledge of halo since i know next to nothing myself but 4000m is only about 1.8 miles (i think)
Sorry dropped a zero

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
a) REAL physics
b) HALO physics
c) STAR TREK physics
d) STAR WARS physics

Thanks ;)
i think this has become less about physics and more about battle tactics lol. i think durwumpe (sorry if i name failed) is using real physics, goop is using halo physics, and im using mass effect along with some of the other 2.... id say flip a coin and join the debate XD

goop

ShipMaster
Reaction score
Yes, there are two sorts of reasons to go into space (or send something into space):
- Scientific: This is usually the primary reason. Expand our knowledge of ourselves and our universe.
- Sentimental: As humans, we do these sorts of things. There's no logical reason to do it, but it appeals to emotions. This is why we send someone's ashes or dinosaur bones into space, or take tourist trips there.

Sending a microphone into space is neither scientific (since nothing can be accomplished by it) nor sentimental (as should be obvious).

So now you're a psychologist, and using an ad hominem as well. You've failed to take into account that I am in fact proving my point very well. You're just throwing out random stuff that's not even really cohesive.

Don't be surprised when on a forum which has many scientifically-minded people among its members you make blatantly untrue claims and someone steps in to correct you.

Yes, and I submit the claim that if your shuttle is close enough to an explosion that things are hitting it, you are too close.

OK my bad it was the horn radio telescope the other guy was talking about it, I should proofread more I guess.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:;)

Dambuster

Reaction score
A+B

I know quantum physics is confusing, Halo physics is confusing. Some times fact is stranger than fiction:speakcool:

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Sorry dropped a zero

You can say that again - I still am getting my head around the things I learnt about quantum physics last year!

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
well in science fiction you can say something works just because.... it does...

unfortunately reality doesnt like to play that way.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
well in science fiction you can say something works just because.... it does...

unfortunately reality doesnt like to play that way.

Especially: In sci-fi you can use inconsistent behaviors - you can have a spacecraft behave like x today and completely different tomorrow, without somebody complaining.

In Orbiter, you need consistent rules, or you can't implement it.

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
could u alter the cfg files and make the planets stop? then cancel out gravity unless you are very close to the surface ie. 150km

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
could u alter the cfg files and make the planets stop? then cancel out gravity unless you are very close to the surface ie. 150km

No. This would require you to rewrite orbiter completely.

goop

ShipMaster
Reaction score
No. This would require you to rewrite orbiter completely.
Nope, there are you can overwrite Orbiters Core Program with certain modules I have seen a plugin the cancles out gravity untill you reach a certain distance. You can do anything modules if you they go deep enough. So it is possible although extremely difficult but the anwser is yes planet stops would require a new solar system if you do not want it to move though.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Nope, there are you can overwrite Orbiters Core Program with certain modules I have seen a plugin the cancles out gravity untill you reach a certain distance. You can do anything modules if you they go deep enough. So it is possible although extremely difficult but the anwser is yes planet stops would require a new solar system if you do not want it to move though.
You haven't ever actually written an Orbiter plug-in, have you?