Hi everyone

Ian

Reaction score
Hi I'm Ian and I'm new to all of this - I only stumbled across Orbiter by chance last weekend. I can't believe I didn't find sooner.
There seems to be a bit of a steep learning curve so there are bound to be some dumb questions to follow!

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Welcome to the forum! The learning curve is steep but there are some wonderful tutorials out there and there is Go play in space which is awesome and I still use from time to time.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum Ian ! since you are new to Orbiter I recommend reading the manuals that come with it and the tutorials found here (this is one of my favourites Go play in space)

Ian

Reaction score
Thanks for the links guys. Looks like I won't be re-tiling the bathroom this weekend after all! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
You'll find we are really helpful here :thumbup: and yes, prepare for Orbiter to slowly consume your life :lol:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum, Ian! :hello:

It's always good to have another fellow Brit on here! :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There seems to be a bit of a steep learning curve so there are bound to be some dumb questions to follow!

There are no dumb questions. But be warned, most people here react with acid sarcasm if you ask a question that is already perfectly answered in the manual. :hello:

Questions about the shallows of astrodynamics are pretty much always welcome, I have yet to see somebody getting flamed for launching straight up and wondering why he does fall back to Earth. Asking how to undock is more inflammatory.

Dambuster

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums! This provides yet another reason to have a UK-Orbinaut convention :)

Last edited: