Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Which minimap are you using?
Rei's (in round style). It's useless for showing features of the terrain in Nether, because it shows only the roof of bedrock, but I only require to see the markers which I placed.

If you want to see terrain features as seen at your current level, there's Automap, as presented by Artlav.

may just finish it out to Winter Island when I'm done
In the way to the Winter Island, it's complete. It isn't finished only while going north (BTW it's 2-way line).

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
In the way to the Winter Island, it's complete. It isn't finished only while going north (BTW it's 2-way line).
Saw that last night while I was on. Z=295 is inside the tunnel, near the south opening. My portal is 100 m West. I did start digging through, leaving it well-lit. I may just leave this as a walkway for now, wasn't sure what would be the best way to integrate a junction into the existing rail line.

BTW, just curious as I wasn't on much when WI was built, but who built the structures/mines there, and the rail line?

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
Hielor: I found some time when I wasn't lagging so I hopped in... Still am having lags but I would like to be able to build on that server, so I would like you to add IGN Hurricane :)
PS: Is it possible to let my non-orbinaut friend in?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hielor: I found some time when I wasn't lagging so I hopped in... Still am having lags but I would like to be able to build on that server, so I would like you to add IGN Hurricane :)
PS: Is it possible to let my non-orbinaut friend in?
Added you.

As for your friend, currently I require people to be O-F members in order to get on the server. There are already quite a few regulars on the server, and I don't want legions of friends potentially causing problems (by which I mainly mean lag/space issues, notsomuch griefing) for the server's primary audience, O-F members.

That said--like all the "rules" of the server, if people have strong feelings otherwise, I'm open to discussion on the matter. In terms of CPU/memory load, the server isn't anywhere near full capacity on a regular basis. However, in terms of in-game matters, adding more people does add complexity to the "honor system" of things like building locations, and we may want to consider adding something like a plugin to actually manage plots of land...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'm looking for a land claim in the O-F city.
Two, actually.

Why?
Absurd Island's underwater town is nice and all, but it's in the middle of proverbial nowhere, i might as well be playing single-player.

So, lots.
One is a small plot for an "arthouse" project, no larger than the Watchtower.
Code name is Witch House, wouldn't look good unless on relatively flat ground.
20x20 lot should be big enough.

What i found to be more-or-less fitting:
lot-map.jpg

lot.jpg

Some place on top of the hill, like where the sacred spring is, would also do (and look better).
In that case, footprint of 10x15 or so is needed.
For example, the hilltop at -275,595 maybe?

Second one is for a large, free-form, possibly organic, skyscraper.
For it, this area across the library would have been perfect, but rumour has it that it's already claimed.
lot1.jpg

If so, any better ideas?
I can grab some place near woo's BFB, but i'd rather fill in some empty space in the city - would look cooler.

Gerdih

Reaction score
actually eccentrus wants to do a skycraper area there artlav so I think he will be happy to let you do it there if it fits in his idea.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm looking for a land claim in the O-F city.
Two, actually.

Why?
Absurd Island's underwater town is nice and all, but it's in the middle of proverbial nowhere, i might as well be playing single-player.

So, lots.
One is a small plot for an "arthouse" project, no larger than the Watchtower.
Code name is Witch House, wouldn't look good unless on relatively flat ground.
20x20 lot should be big enough.

What i found to be more-or-less fitting:

Some place on top of the hill, like where the sacred spring is, would also do (and look better).
In that case, footprint of 10x15 or so is needed.
For example, the hilltop at -275,595 maybe?

The former spot on the corner is ok, unless some others object.
The spot on the hilltop at -275,595 is a bit harder. That was/is a national park, but the owner has not been seen for a while. I will say yes, but you will need ensure that your structure is separate from the park (IE it is an island with fences etc.You will also need to build your own access route that doesn't look ugly. If you are still not sure, I can jump on and show you.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I may just leave this as a walkway for now, wasn't sure what would be the best way to integrate a junction into the existing rail line.
I took a look at the place and then I've been experimenting with 2-track T-junctions in creative SP. I can make a nice, quite compact junction for you there, with sloped stops just before it, if you don't mind. :p

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
The former spot on the corner is ok, unless some others object..
Ok then, i'm taking the corner.

What about the second one, across the library?

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Well, I plan to invite people to build a CBD full of towers north of Leeuwenhoek, with some lands reclaimed from the swamps, so Artlav's building would be a very nice welcome up north in the avenue of business :)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
In Russian folklore, Baba Yaga is an ambiguous witch, living in a house-on-chicken-legs.

Her house was parked on a snowy lot in O-F city, while she conducts some witchy business in some unknown place nearby.
hcl-1.jpg

hcl-3.jpg

hcl-6.jpg

Inside, you will find everything you need for brewing potions.
That includes full chests of ingredients, cauldrons, a stand, a supply of magic books, and fly agarics.

hcl-2.jpg

hcl-5.jpg

The second floor should house enchanting, but for lack of diamonds it is vacant for the moment.
Donations of 2 diamonds or enchanting table, and a set of book cases are welcome.
hcl-4.jpg

I'm now moving on to the plains opposite the library, where there would be built something either chaotic or dark-lordy, but certainly big.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Mojang needs to take a lesson from you, Artlav.
The generated swamp witch huts are supposedly based off the same witch story, but aren't much to look at.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I took a look at the place and then I've been experimenting with 2-track T-junctions in creative SP. I can make a nice, quite compact junction for you there, with sloped stops just before it, if you don't mind. :p
No, I don't mind at all. That would be great in fact. Thanks!

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Here's the junction:

Tested, working just fine.

The new part of the line can be made either single track, like I prepared the exit from the junction for it (bottom of 3rd picture), or 2-track.

I left a hole in Brown Line's tunnel, a few blocks from the lighthouse station in the direction of Commune, as a temporary access to the Winter Island line, if you want to see it.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've completed the tunnel and railway from the junction to my portal. Didn't try to change the sign to remove 'incomplete,' wasn't sure if the sign was private or not. The tunnel is complete, but is still partial netherack, will finish it out with stone bricks soon.

Next after that is finishing out the Winter Island line to the north. I'm assuming I should connect it up to the main hub?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Didn't try to change the sign to remove 'incomplete,' wasn't sure if the sign was private or not.
Signs aren't using LWC protection by default for more than a year now, and I didn't add any to the blocks present at the junction.

I'll update the text after I log in. (EDIT: Done.)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Signs aren't using LWC protection by default for more than a year now, and I didn't add any to the blocks present at the junction.

I'll update the text after I log in. (EDIT: Done.)

Thanks. :thumbup:

Heh. I even thanked that post way back then. Had forgotten all about it, TBH.

Gerdih

Reaction score
Managed to modify a cobble farm from JL guys to let it work on easy mode without it begin self destroyed by the Wither. I also managed to put the wither inside the farm without destroying it. All on easy mode, If It can be done on the server we will have a fully automatic farm with an output of 34700 cobble per hour :p

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh dear. Is it time for some citizen justice? :D