Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
For those who haven't heard, Izack's design has won. Construction will start when I get back in about a week.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I have finished the West Lighthouse, it has a mob farm under it that is free to use, it has no grinder as such (any mob spawned on the upper levels are unlikely to be alive at the bottom), just a obsidian pit. X: -1115 z: 762, there is a nether portal for faster access.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Rowing at sunset
20111223154221.png

Random sugar cane
20111223155406.png

Random Pablo :D
20111223155634.png

Random portal
20111223160255.png

Commune town hall:
20111223162033.png

20111223162037.png

20111223162047.png

20111223162051.png

20111223162059.png

20111223162104.png

20111223162108.png

20111223162113.png

20111223162123.png

20111223162137.png

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Anyone know where that random floating portal came from? Is it a bug?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I think that's from when Izack attempted to create a portal to his island but got the coordinates in the nether wrong, definitely not a bug

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Expedition Mooshroom

I don't know why but I did it again and followed Woo's call to sail somewhere far away. This time it was a Mushroom Biome (Boat trip took about 10-15 minutes). Here are some screenies.

The island in overview:

picture.php

And I could not not resist breeding the first Mooshroom baby, even though Woo said I shouldn't bother, it is wasted time (He did not expect what I would do later)

picture.php

We built a base. Yes, we like water.

picture.php

jangofett287 and me then proceeded to discover the largest abandoned mineshaft I have ever seen. Harvested Wood and Rails like mad. And found like 6 dozend of cave spiders (on of them unfortunately killed jango...).

After some discussion of what supplies to leave and what to take I decided to go back to mainland. But not without these friends:

picture.php

Yes, I decided to lure some Mooshrooms back to mainland, with a boat and wheat. I think Woo did not think anyone would actually pull this off but...

picture.php

It took about 45 minutes but now we do have Mooshrooms on the mainland! The first newborn saw daylight today \o/.

Fun trip as always. And expect to see more cows with Mushrooms growing on their backs soon :lol:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Someone renovated my front lawn while I was away, removing the trees and filling in the creeper-holes. I'm fairly happy and grateful, except now I won't be forced to gain XP every time I try to enter my home. :lol:

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

After mining thousands of blocks, I just hit diamonds! :D

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

I filled my house with TONS of chickens. I'm loading the commune chest full of eggs for anyone who wants to start their own farm.
If my chickens cause problems with the server (I doubt it; I've seen tons of wild animals), I can slay most of them.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
2011-12-23_20.19.15.png

FOUR GHASTS. We're pinned down, both portals are knocked out. We're all gonna die. :(

1.) Ghasts are wimps. Just kill them with a bow and arrows. Aim for the tentacles, that's where their hitbox is. If you don't have any arrows, you can punch their fireballs to send them back at them.
2.) Stand in front of the portal and let a Ghast shoot it. That will relight the portal.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I filled my house with TONS of chickens. I'm loading the commune chest full of eggs for anyone who wants to start their own farm.
We'll rather need them for egging the defendants/witnesses in the courthouse. Hooray justice! :D

1.) Ghasts are wimps. Just kill them with a bow and arrows. Aim for the tentacles, that's where their hitbox is. If you don't have any arrows, you can punch their fireballs to send them back at them.
2.) Stand in front of the portal and let a Ghast shoot it. That will relight the portal.
1. Scout party (the portal was built on the mushroom island) didn't have any bows or arrows, due to brilliant planning. My lag was too great to knock ghastballs back. Not sure about the others. :s
2. That happened a few times, but thanks to 1. there wasn't enough time to stand in the portal and warp back.

All in all, there were more than five or six ghasts. I lagged out while Jango and Woo battled and escaped, and by the time I was back online it was all over. Much FUN was had that day.

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Happy X-Mas.

picture.php

Valley of the Mutant Cows is striving :lol:

Special thanks to Slasher for helping to stabilize the population. Soon, SOOOOON, they will have taken over all of the mainland *bwahahahahah*

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Happy X-Mas.

picture.php

Valley of the Mutant Cows is striving :lol:

Special thanks to Slasher for helping to stabilize the population. Soon, SOOOOON, they will have taken over all of the mainland *bwahahahahah*

Not before my chicken army! >:D

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I also stopped by the mushroom biome to drop off a few supplies to help jumpstart building. Caught a couple nice views while I was there.

I thought this island looked like part of a dragon. Or a giant snail, I can't decide :lol:

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
I also stopped by the mushroom biome to drop off a few supplies to help jumpstart building. Caught a couple nice views while I was there.

I thought this island looked like part of a dragon. Or a giant snail, I can't decide :lol:

snail:lol:

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
I made a channel on the systemnet.info (where orbiter IRC channel is) for talking about minecraft so we don't have to annoy the orbiter channel with off-topic stuff all the time.

Simple name: #mc (there is a channel called #minecraft, populated by some idle folks i never seen before)

Don't care about the ownership, if our mayor or God wants to have owner, I'll pass it. Just thinking it may be worth having an IRC channel dedicated to our minecraft stuff, so pop in if you are in minecraft and IRC.

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I made a channel on the systemnet.info (where orbiter IRC channel is) for talking about minecraft so we don't have to annoy the orbiter channel with off-topic stuff all the time.

Simple name: #mc (there is a channel called #minecraft, populated by some idle folks i never seen before)

Don't care about the ownership, if our mayor or God wants to have owner, I'll pass it. Just thinking it may be worth having an IRC channel dedicated to our minecraft stuff, so pop in if you are in minecraft and IRC.

Good idea. I still like the forum though. :p Here we can post pictures, and see posts that happened while we were away. And such.

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Good idea. I still like the forum though. :p Here we can post pictures, and see posts that happened while we were away. And such.

Of course, doing this all the time. But I'm an IRC child, I just like the easy and quick way of communication, so whoever cares, feel free to join #mc.

In other news, I'm about to release all my livestock into the Valley of the Mutant Cows (see marker). My idea is to make this a Wildlife Reservoir, need to talk to the Minister of Parks & Recreation though.

Please do not kill any animals unless you breed them before to make sure the population isn't diminished.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Alright folks, I made the tentative design for the wall's gate. Any suggestions, critiques, or concerns about it can be brought up before it is actually implemented (which may be a while, due to resource gathering). This is a very costly project, requiring a lot of stone, wood, redstone, steel, and sticky pistons (12 of them!).

Here is the view from what will be the inside of the wall, with the gate closed. The redstone you see will eventually be buried, it was just there for ease of construction. You throw a switch, and the gate opens. It is a very similar system to the one used on the vault door in the oldworld bank.
pk419.png

Here is the actual gateway, opened. An alternative design calls for solid steel all the way through, instead of the stone bricks you see in between now. That was changed due to the resource requirements.
iyyiX.png

Same view from the other side (essentially identical).
PsV6L.png

EDIT: By the way, this was made on a private creative server for ease. You won't find this on the map anywhere.

This is the top of it. You can see that there is more room than normally would be on the wall. Not sure what could go here. Perhaps someone could engineer it so the switch to open the gate is up here?
1Is8l.png

Yet another view, similar to the above.
a4PaA.png

Current designs call for a whopping 120 iron (this includes both the gate and pistons). We currently to my knowledge have 38. The reinforced gate calls for double that, 240 iron. We also need 12 slimeballs, or 24 for the reinforced gate.