Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Good luck getting all the iron for that, Onyx. Smoothstone might be a better alternative?

I don't know, I've yet to find/pick a spot for it, Smoothstone may be easier to get but i don't think it will look right.

Pablo49

Reaction score
Keep in mind Hielor has taken all the iron already. When new chunks are generated, the iron is already been mined. He's just that good.

Pablo49

Reaction score
Shhhh, you don't want hielor to hear you. Suddenly he'll be building an iron tower and a gold tower. :lol:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Server's back up, although I'm unsure of the integrity of the save--a chunk or two may have been corrupted.

If you notice anything abnormal let me know and I'll fix it.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't know, I've yet to find/pick a spot for it, Smoothstone may be easier to get but i don't think it will look right.

Your fancy building uses some 60 stacks of iron. If you go branch mining, it'll take you some 50 man hours to collect enough.

Chub777

Reaction score
Finally located the stronghold:

2012-01-02_175015.png

If anyone wishes to come with me to the End (after it is fixed), they're most welcome.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'm totally open to cool server-side mods, it's just that I think requiring player-side mods would be a little hard to coordinate with how many people we have on the server...

Perhaps not so hard at all; Preparing a pre-packaged .jar file with the requisite mods and making it available for download would sort that.

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Yay, server is back \o/

Also: Redistributing a minecraft.jar file is not allowed. Furthermore it would still be a hassle cause everybody needs to update his client or would not be able to connect anymore. Furthermore any minecraft updates could break the mod.

I also think it's sensible to have the server version require no mods, it's simpler and cleaner.

Last edited:

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hielor, I moved house and destroyed my old one.

Just so you don't think that someone was griefing.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Hielor, could you give my friend CatalysTftw build permissions?

Regards Stevodoran,

Pablo49

Reaction score
Yay, server is back \o/

Also: Redistributing a minecraft.jar file is not allowed. Furthermore it would still be a hassle cause everybody needs to update his client or would not be able to connect anymore. Furthermore any minecraft updates could break the mod.

I also think it's sensible to have the server version require no mods, it's simpler and cleaner.
The mod files could be slapped together into a .zip then. Patching Minecraft is super easy and it's commonplace. Updates also break bukkit, so the server stays on the old version for a bit, which gives time for clientside mods to be updated and get your new Minecraft patched. It's not unreasonable if the server starts requiring them.

That being said, I still really enjoy the server being mainly vanilla, especially after all the work put in to get the materials and such legitimately. I personally don't want any serious game changing mods.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As soon as you allow mods on the server, you open the flood gate to people saying:
ADD THIS MOD PLEASE!!!!!
until they get to the point where mining = nuclear detonations, bows = machine guns and golden apple = apple + gold nugget. It won't be Minecraft anymore, it'll be another game.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
This is the 3rd time I've had to replant the community tree farm, Please replant it when you use it...

On the plus side i cut down 13 stacks of wood whilst recovering the 80ish saplings

Last edited: