Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
You can do that. This is one of the things Woo has been campaigning for.
We have 8 Earths of space here, we don't need to fit into 8 chunks!

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
well then does anyone want to come with me? I was going to as catalyst but he is not on.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Please do. I live under an island out to sea. Thanks to Nether travel though, it isn't far from the commune, but I have all the space I could ever use. Very recommendable.

(Just don't build on my island please. :p)

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Oh now, im going farther than that, much farther, where no-one has been before.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Best of luck to your expedition! If you make a permanent settlement mark it on the map, so we can visit sometime. :yes:

Of course I will, Ill make some little shelter's along the way aswell. I plan on sleeping at night so that i dont die and spawn back at home :thumbup:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Of course I will, Ill make some little shelter's along the way aswell. I plan on sleeping at night so that i dont die and spawn back at home :thumbup:

Great idea. Good luck! :thumbup:

On that note, is anyone else planning on building on the island south of the commune, where the LBJ Memorial Canal is? I had put a small public outpost there with a mine started.

If not, I may move out there and leave the LBJ Memorial Library once it is complete, and once set up on that island, also open up access to the underground tree farm beneath the library if anyone wants it.

FYI, I planned to set up a community enchanting table in the library once nearer to completion, since the one where the town hall used to be ended up disappearing.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
As far as "going where no one has gone before," I have no objection to that, but do keep in mind that the server is supporting other people. Going two or three days out in a direction is fine, but I would frown on someone running a "far lands or bust" style expedition on my server :p

There's no set dividing line, just be reasonable.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Is it in the shape of a pineapple? :lol:

"Are you ready kids?"

*Aye Aye, Cap'n!

"I can't heeeear you!"

Now, who's going to build the Krusty Krab?

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Lets see, the exploring is going well, so far. But I had to put my stuff in a chest and kill myself to take some chest protection off at the commune, when I got back to where I was, I found this :)
2012-01-04_173011.png

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm building an outdoor theater! When it's done, it will have seating for lots of people, awnings, lighting, a box office, and a full stage.

The stage:
20120104152350.png

(This is supposed to look like the sun is setting in the background, I think I pulled it off okay.)

The box office:
20120104153213.png

VIP suites, definitely still a work in progress:
20120104153312.png

I'd like to set up some rail system to go from here to the theater (or at least a path from the commune) if that's amenable to everyone.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Are you modeling this off of a Shakespearean era theater, or a more modern design?

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you modeling this off of a Shakespearean era theater, or a more modern design?

The inspiration is actually the Hollywood Bowl, though I've taken serious liberties in design (as is obvious). It wasn't meant to look like the Hollywood Bowl, I just remember seeing a show there once and wanted to try for a similar layout here.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The inspiration is actually the Hollywood Bowl, though I've taken serious liberties in design (as is obvious). It wasn't meant to look like the Hollywood Bowl, I just remember seeing a show there once and wanted to try for a similar layout here.
Very cool.

How long until we have a Hielor's Minecraft Server Theatre Troup putting on shows for us? :lol:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, the opening show is "A Hielor and His Horse," so perhaps you'd like to volunteer for the lead role? :lol:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My new home is done:

20120104233538000.jpg

It could be reached by boat, the lake is connected to the ocean.
Traveling via nether railway takes 30 seconds.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've made some more progress on the theater! Here's how the exterior looks now:

20120104203417.png

Notice the fun lava, stone pillars (inspired by the courthouse), and torches everywhere.

20120104202818.png

A picture of the theater stage from the center of the general admissions seating.

20120104202742.png

A view of the same from VIP Box #1. I'm going to add some furniture up there, and maybe a cake or something, lol. :)

20120104202722.png

From the Box Office to the theater bowl.

20120104202728.png

The underground passage to the various seating areas. I still need to add a passage to VIP Box #2.

Jarod

Reaction score
Looks like fun to explore, but a pain in the a** to build. Do you really build block by block or use some kind of tool ?
The theater make me suggest a variation, an arena for players and monsters like a little coliseum.