Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
It was down for about thirty seconds, I guess the auto restart script is working well? :p

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I'm having to rethink my bio-dome as the snow golem defense i had planed is not working on SMP, and the creepers have made building it a pain.

Pablo49

Reaction score
Alright, a few of us were talking about using a plugin to reserve plots of land. Hielor originally mentioned towny. We are looking at using Towny Advanced. Basically people are continuing to build in, on, and around other people. I've personally had a house and two mines started on the side of a mountain in my area without even asking.

Basically allows you to lock down an area like you do with lwc. It's also nested, with nations/towns/houses. So we could have the commune town, and houses in it, which would require permission. Not any different than what we have wanted to do previously, just instead of verbally, it would use commands. Opinions?

Also, has economy support. Hielor expressed interest in having plots cost something. Anyone else have opinion on it? I would prefer not to.

Last edited:

Chub777

Reaction score
Alright, a few of us were talking about using a plugin to reserve plots of land. Hielor originally mentioned towny. We are looking at using Towny Advanced. Basically people are continuing to build in, on, and around other people. I've personally had a house and two mines started on the side of a mountain in my area without even asking.

Basically allows you to lock down an area like you do with lwc. It's also nested, with nations/towns/houses. So we could have the commune town, and houses in it, which would require permission. Not any different than what we have wanted to do previously, just instead of verbally, it would use commands. Opinions?

Also, has economy support. Hielor expressed interest in having plots cost something. Anyone else have opinion on it? I would prefer not to.

I'd rather opt for plots costing things (and possibly a taxing system) rather than nations, towns, etc.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I'd rather have no mod. Just the current system of claiming and enforcing ownership. Kick/ban those who persistently cause trouble.

Pablo49

Reaction score
I'd rather opt for plots costing things (and possibly a taxing system) rather than nations, towns, etc.
Taxes were discussed too. (Like for building inside the commune, etc) Nations wouldn't make any sense, we aren't that large, I was just describing the plugin. But say for the commune, it's one large area, filled with people's personal stuff. So the commune could be a town plot, and then house plots inside.

Also, I guess my post was a bit unclear before. I am for towny. I am not keen on using the econ stuff, unless it's using only in-game items. (Like a plot costs x iron, x gold, etc) I don't want an imaginary currency. That would feel more vanilla.

Chaser

Reaction score
I'd rather have no mod. Just the current system of claiming and enforcing ownership. Kick/ban those who persistently cause trouble.
I agree with this. There have only been a handful of issues and, to my knowledge, they have since been resolved.

It's not a particularly large server, so regulating ourselves is a relatively simple task. Introducing mods just adds unnecessary complications in my opinion.

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Work on the Theater Subway Station is complete:
2012-01-08_10.21.51.png

Now just to connect the tracks, and this leg will be complete :)

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is a bit off topic, but 1.1 (or 2.1 or whatever they'll call it) release promises some nice things, including:
- Sheep eat grass and tall grass to regrow wool (but give slightly less wool).
- Decreased randomness of the Enchanting table. I'm sick of paying 30 levels of experience and getting things other than Unbreaking 3 and Efficiency 3 for it...
- Changed biomes to be more varied (hills in forest biomes and deserts and so on)
- Blurred transitions between biomes, especially into the swamp biome. Say goodbye to funnytrees:
2011-12-20_19.45.49.png

- Changed farmland trampling. Now you can walk on it. Farmland gets trampled by jumping on it.
- Oak leaves have a 1/200 chance of dropping a red apple.
- Lots of bug fixes.

Reports also indicate the game runs much better due to some optimizations in the code.

EDIT:
Hostile Zombie Pigmen is a bug. Please don't start rumors based on my mistake.

Last edited:

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
I agree with this. There have only been a handful of issues and, to my knowledge, they have since been resolved.

It's not a particularly large server, so regulating ourselves is a relatively simple task. Introducing mods just adds unnecessary complications in my opinion.

I also agree here and would prefer no mods. From my experience the moment such mods are installed, a Pandora's Box opens and will bring an avalanche of problems. And it really should be possible to handle these "plot problems" by social means, even if it means some harsher enforcement.

As for the subway.... On it ASAP :D

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

The subway network as is and as it is planned:

picture.php

Green = Finished
Orange = Under Cunstruction/Partly done
Red = In planning

Blue/White circles = Stations

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score

I agree with this as well. More freedom, and kick out those who disrespect it.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hopefully if pigmen become hostile, there will be some way to stop them spawning in our structures. I like having a safe path to the commune and back. :\

As for mods, I'm not keen on having them installed, but it sounds like there are some real nuisances in the commune, so it could be a good idea. Either way I'm not really affected. :)

Chub777

Reaction score
I also agree here and would prefer no mods. From my experience the moment such mods are installed, a Pandora's Box opens and will bring an avalanche of problems. And it really should be possible to handle these "plot problems" by social means, even if it means some harsher enforcement.

As for the subway.... On it ASAP :D

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

The subway network as is and as it is planned:

picture.php

Green = Finished
Orange = Under Cunstruction/Partly done
Red = In planning

Blue/White circles = Stations

I was thinking of making a subway line (or subway lines) connected to the future wall gates.

I guess that mods will create the problem of "add this mod" or "add that mod". I would say no to mods. Keep it vanilla.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wiki lists that as a bug. Also wasn't in the official changelog.

Oh snap. You're right, it's listed under bugs.

Too bad, really. The Nether is the safest place in Minecraft and with the addition of enchantment, especially armor, the gameplay is now quite broken. Hopefully we get some new AI and more mobs...

Pablo49

Reaction score
So, about 6 of us use a cape mod I whipped together. Here is the link. Drop into your .jar, delete META-INF, you know the drill.

Here is a template cape and here is a gallery of the current capes. Just edit your cape, and give it to me by pm here, or over on #mc (Don't want to clog up Hielor's thread :thumbup:), and I'll add it in. Make sure it's .png and the filename is your mc username, with correct capitals. Or, if you have a design that's reasonable, I can make it myself. Also, if you don't want a cape, but still wan to see others', you'll need to install this, too.

Note: I won't use any cloaks that were officially given out by Mojang.

3RghA.png

Last edited:

Chub777

Reaction score
While everyone was busy making railways, I decided to go on a mission to the End with Pablo and Woo (at first):

2012-01-09_113652.png

2012-01-09_114019.png

Then Pablo and Woo abandoned me:
2012-01-09_114246.png

2012-01-09_114648.png

Fortunately, Woo joined in and built a house:

2012-01-09_115103.png

2012-01-09_121046.png

Then Pablo came with supplies:

2012-01-09_122927.png

2012-01-09_123254.png

Our house: