Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
Minecraft uses OpenGL, which requires you to get the drivers from your graphics card maker. The inbox drivers(that came with Win7) don't support OpenGL. Looking at optional updates from Windows Update might have it, or just get it straight from Nvidia's website. Make sense?

Ill try that.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you can make a restart script that detect when the router starts acting up, drive the store, buy a new one, come back to my house, set it up, and then restart everything, let me know.

I apologize, I was just trying to be lighthearted about the situation. :) Thank you for getting the server back up and running!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I apologize, I was just trying to be lighthearted about the situation. :) Thank you for getting the server back up and running!
No need to apologize, sorry if I sounded like I was annoyed--it was an attempt at a joke.

I've been wanting a new router for a while anyway since the old one didn't have a few features I wanted, and the new one seems to be working nicely, so it's all good.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys, what happened to the Blaze Grinder? I went there today and found it like this (view from the "back"/"inside"):

20120613210835.png

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hey guys, what happened to the Blaze Grinder? I went there today and found it like this (view from the "back"/"inside"):
That looks an awful lot like what I'd expect to see if the chunk got corrupted during my router adventures and was recreated when the server restarted. I'll investigate.

When was the last time people saw it working? If nothing else that'll help me figure out what backup to restore.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was able to use the Blaze Grinder on Saturday.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
And the million dollar question--has anyone done any significant construction in the nether in the last couple of days that would be wiped out if I just restored a full backup of the nether from before Tuesday's incident?

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Hey guys, i need all the advice i can get on something that has been frustrating me.

I built a Nether portal in the middle of the space museum, but when i enter it, it just links with a portal used for the LBJ Spire. THEN when i reenter (intending to go to the museum) i get sent to the LBJ spire.

I wanna have a set special portal for the space museum in the Nether, but i'm lost anybody have any help or advice?

Gerdih

Reaction score
I think its normal with nether portals. Im not an expert with them but I think you have to do it far enough in order to not interfere with other portals.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hey guys, i need all the advice i can get on something that has been frustrating me.

I built a Nether portal in the middle of the space museum, but when i enter it, it just links with a portal used for the LBJ Spire. THEN when i reenter (intending to go to the museum) i get sent to the LBJ spire.

I wanna have a set special portal for the space museum in the Nether, but i'm lost anybody have any help or advice?
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_Portal#Linkage_between_Overworld_and_Nether

Stand at your portal at the space museum, press F1, look at the coordinates.

Divide X and Z by 8.

Go to the nether and dig a tunnel to that location (the X and Z of your portal in the overworld divided by 8, and the same Y). Build a portal there.

Yay.

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_Portal#Linkage_between_Overworld_and_Nether

Stand at your portal at the space museum, press F1, look at the coordinates.

Divide X and Z by 8.

Go to the nether and dig a tunnel to that location (the X and Z of your portal in the overworld divided by 8, and the same Y). Build a portal there.

Yay.

Alright thanks! and thanks woo for the help. I got your stuff if you need it.

EDIT: nvm, i died 20 times trying to get it all back, but the ghast wouldnt stop, so i lost it all

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
That looks an awful lot like what I'd expect to see if the chunk got corrupted during my router adventures and was recreated when the server restarted. I'll investigate.
As far as I can tell, this is exactly what happened, and I spotted another chunk or two that seemed to have the same problem.

First off, I *hate* that the minecraft data format is so fragile that this can happen so easily.

Secondly, I would recommend against people doing any further construction in the nether until I can restore the backup tonight. There are a couple different ways I have of ensuring that what's already been done since Tuesday doesn't get lost (or at least, gets re-done), but the less there is the easier it'll be.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
when was the nether tunnel to rosewood built again? I think it was last week at saturday or something, but if anyone else can clarify this then it would be good.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Hielor, I tried to move my chests earlier, and I got this "LWC error" thingie

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
rats, cant connect. could be my crappy internet connection tho

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Server is currently down while I attempt to repair the nether. Also fixing a couple other things...namely that I'd forgotten to disable the old backup script when I started using the new one, which meant that the old one kept dutifully making backups every six hours.

Backups that included the backups that the new one was making.

WHOOPS. I heard you like backups, so I put backups in your backups so you can back up while you back up.

The size of each backup had ballooned from 1.7GB to 27GB, and the server ran itself out of disk space in short order. So yeah, that might've caused other problems. Still investigating.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
OK I'm telling this to everyone, the server is up and running but don't log in for now, I logged in and lost all my inventory which is on my character, and respawned at the original spawn all the stuff in the chests is fine though, and LWC is running again.

So until Hielor figure this out, it would be safe not to log in :D

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Cross that, it's already fixed now

If anyone else experiencing a similar problem please contact Hielor

Known Symptoms are:

*Lost inventory in the character but not in the chests
*Spawn Reset to the Stargate

Last edited: