jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hi !:tiphat:
I need somme help...

I'm bored, I do not see in Orbiter 2016 the resolution 19 tiles...
There is in my "Earth.cfg" MaxPatchResolution = 19 ; surface texture resolution limit (1-19)

I don't see what I'm missing....

My explorer with folder's name and dds files (dds 512x512 DXT1 no alpha)

Look what I can see : there is no "19" tile !!!

Here is closer the ground : no 19 tile...

Thank you if somebody has (or has not) this resolution tile.

:hailprobe:

fort

Reaction score
Hello,

Do you think that your tile is correctly numbered ( numérotée, référencée ? ) ?

Je ne sais pas précisément - même si je pourrais faire une recherche - où se situe cette tuile; je suppose sur Kourou...

Mais, quoi qu'il en soit, si la tuile de niveau 19 ici a bien cette valeur: 23176.dds... il me semble qu'il lui manque quelque chose si, de mémoire, toutes les tuiles comptent 6 chiffres et, celle-ci, dès lors, ayant pour référence réelle: 023176.dds. C'est la première idée qui me vient.

A vérifier.

Edit. Et puis: 2897x2:5794. 5794x2:11588 etc. Et, à la fin, 023176 ( une fois le/les zéro réintroduits pour chacune ).

Sinon, le bâtiment du KSC est en 19. En le remplaçant - en le cherchant préalablement éventuellement avec tileedit ou manuellement (xnview ou autre) - par une tuile de couleur, y'a moyen de vérifier si le 19 apparaît ou non. A voir encore: si l'onglet parameters du launchpad de Orbiter ( visual parameters je crois ) mentionne bien la valeur de 19 ( 0-19 ) comme niveaux de textures appelés dans l'écran.

Last edited:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :jawdrops:

ET POURTANT JE LE SAVAIS !!!!
I KNOW THAT ! BUT I DID'NT SEE THAT !!!

Merci à tous les 2 ! bien sûr qu'il faut 6 chiffres !! 023176 au lieu de 23176 !!!
Thank you ++ to both of you !!! of course it must have 6 digits !! 023 176 instead of 23 176 !!!

Du coup ça marche beaucoup mieux !!!
So it works much better !!!

wol_error.gif
Click this bar to view the full image.
811875Tuilesview4.jpg

Problème réglé !!! (je suis honteux) ! Maintenant il me reste les fichiers .elv à comprendre....
Problem fixed !!! (I am ashamed)! :blush: Now I still have the files .elv to understand ....

fort

Reaction score
Hello,

One can't actually modify the elv files themselves ( dixit Dr Schweiger in another topic ).

I saw on internet one or two program giving access to elv files but i've not made test with them, i've no time to understand how they works, if they works. I think that elv tiles in orbiter was made with Matlab.

Nevertheless and for the moment, to change the values/to give to orbiter new elevations values for an elv, one can/must use tileedit. Once done, when you close tileedit, it create a file in the elv_mod folder for orbiter and that all.

good day

Last edited:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
I will continue my attempts with tileedit.

Marcogavazzeni came to help me on the Dan's forum. It is super kind from him.

I'll keep you informed.

fort

Reaction score
I will continue my attempts with tileedit.

There is also some informations about tileedit in that topic, but certainly something similar, to the one's, that Marcogavazzeni gaves to you.

Working with Matlab and tileedit
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=36683

Enfin, si nécessaire, pour information, le 'tilepicker' fonctionne toujours, avec des surftiles identiques - ce sont les mêmes - à celles des récents fichiers 7z:

For information, the tilepicker still works, with tiles that are the same that the last one avaible in 7zip format.

http://mirror.orbiter-radio.co.uk/orbiter/assets/earth.html

Last edited:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
There is also some informations about tileedit in that topic, but certainly something similar, to the one's, that Marcogavazzeni gaves to you.

Working with Matlab and tileedit
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=36683

Thanks for the information. I had not seen this post.

Now I have everything I need to understand and practice...:coffee:

thank you again:tiphat: