International Orbiter Space Station

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
A while ago (2007) I started a large project called the International Orbiter Space Station (IOSS), and I had to halt the project when my laptop crashed and I lot many of the modules that I was working on that were necessary to finish the project.

Well, for those who remember it, and are interested in the IOSS or space station building in general, I am now continuing the project, and already have a few missions completed that are now up on my website (www.ioss.ca). I highly recommend checking out STS-230, I changed many of my graphics card settings, and everything looks 1000x better now.

---------- Post added 07-26-2009 at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-25-2009 at 06:43 PM ----------

For those unfamiliar with the station:

STS-230Redocked.jpg

And this was done using the space shuttle for launching all the sections (except for Pirs and Zarya, which used their own rockets). The goal was to create a large realistic space station using only modern technology, and running all the crew and resupply missions for it (Soyuz TMA, Progress, etc.). So far I've run more then 60 missions for building and supporting the station.

Ark

Reaction score
That's pretty badass. I've done the same thing, both in LEO and Moon orbit, but always seem to run face-first into CTDs and quit.

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
That's pretty badass. I've done the same thing, both in LEO and Moon orbit, but always seem to run face-first into CTDs and quit.

Ya, if you have a lot of modules, you really need a good graphics card (or in my case two, I'm running an SLI set-up).

Ark

Reaction score
Ya, if you have a lot of modules, you really need a good graphics card (or in my case two, I'm running an SLI set-up).

I've got an 8600 GT that does a fairly good job unless I'm being absolutely stupid with high-res models all over the place.

Had a weird thing happen recently, I built a station with a ton of modules, mostly Mustard's stuff, then suddenly most of them stopped working. Not just in my scenarios, but the scenarios for a lot of his modules broke too. No clue what the heck I did wrong.

bpops

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
Website
picasaweb.google.com
That's very cool. I hope to do something like this in the not-too-distant future. Still have to get reentry down first :p

PriestLizard

Reaction score
Wow... awesome website with great mission reports! :) Cool read :) Keep up the work... I just started with Orbiter so hopefully I will get come up with such a compilation of missions too ;)

Matt Decker

Reaction score
I've got an 8600 GT that does a fairly good job unless I'm being absolutely stupid with high-res models all over the place.

Had a weird thing happen recently, I built a station with a ton of modules, mostly Mustard's stuff, then suddenly most of them stopped working. Not just in my scenarios, but the scenarios for a lot of his modules broke too. No clue what the heck I did wrong.

Most likely you installed and ran the XR5 Vanguard or one of it's sister ships. For some reason that messes things up. The config files for all vessels should be in \config\spacecraft or \config\vessels not in \config. So check the \config\spacecraft folder for config files that are zero bytes, and move the correct file from \config to config\spacecraft.

This is not a bug with the Vanguard, but the other add ons. The config files should not be in \config.