Project Interplanetary modular spacecraft

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Short heads up, we're definitely getting there. Wrapping up is going faster than I expected, the first release candidate will be up somewhen during August. There's nothing indicating that a final release by end of August wouldn't be possible. :)

CaptainComic

Reaction score
Sounds like you've got this almost done, but would you still be looking for other testers?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We'll enter the final test phase this week (code will be finished except for any bugs that are still hidden), so if I were a software studio, I'd be scavenging the colledges for students that are naive enough to not realise that "want to earn some money by playing a game?" really means "want to do the most mind-numbingly tedious work on earth while being ridiculously underpaid?".

So if you're up for it, yeah, we could use the muscle, especially now.

Also, captain comic... I remember playing that! :lol:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ok, i'll send an invite. Download the latest version, the latest patch and the latest confogs for ssbb 4 from the dev group and get going. Thanks!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
hello IMS team. :)

So, Im creating my first addon vessel, getting awfully close to completion. Since the vessel im creating is somewhat modular, Im planning to release individual modules that can be assembled on orbit for the main fuel tank, CM, hab tunnel, SM, and the payload bays. Not as a request, but more out of curiosity, will IMS be able to support bringing these modules into orbit, assembling them, then replacing them with a finished DLL ship?
I ask, because Im not sure whether IMS ships can only run through the IMS interface, or whether they can just spit out a new custom DLL ship in place of a couple of components docked together. Best of luck BTW!

icedown

Reaction score
I can help beta if needed. I work a 24hr on / 48hr off schedule so I have plenty of free time my days off.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
hello IMS team. :)

So, Im creating my first addon vessel, getting awfully close to completion. Since the vessel im creating is somewhat modular, Im planning to release individual modules that can be assembled on orbit for the main fuel tank, CM, hab tunnel, SM, and the payload bays. Not as a request, but more out of curiosity, will IMS be able to support bringing these modules into orbit, assembling them, then replacing them with a finished DLL ship?

Yes it is, although the resulting vessel will be not a DLL-based vessel everyone used to but rather a IMS-DLL vessel configured with scenario entry. You don't have to meddle with scenario if everything goes as planned, so yes, you can spawn modules, deliver them into orbit with any means you like, assemble thme together with any means you like and have a single vessel as a result. The major limit here is that your modules should be defined by IMS config files (which are very much like spacecraft3 config files) and cannot be a custom DLL vessels themselves.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes it is, although the resulting vessel will be not a DLL-based vessel everyone used to but rather a IMS-DLL vessel configured with scenario entry. You don't have to meddle with scenario if everything goes as planned, so yes, you can spawn modules, deliver them into orbit with any means you like, assemble thme together with any means you like and have a single vessel as a result. The major limit here is that your modules should be defined by IMS config files (which are very much like spacecraft3 config files) and cannot be a custom DLL vessels themselves.

Dang, thanks for the head up though. :)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
and cannot be a custom DLL vessels themselves.

Well, technically, they can be a dll vessel themselves. But that won't have any impact on their functionality once they're integrated. For example, you could integrate a DG as an engine if you extend it's config file. It just doesn't make much sense...

I can help beta if needed. I work a 24hr on / 48hr off schedule so I have plenty of free time my days off.

For the next two weeks, the more we have the merrier. If they really do some serious testing. You'll get an invite for the dev-group.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Well, technically, they can be a dll vessel themselves. But that won't have any impact on their functionality once they're integrated. For example, you could integrate a DG as an engine if you extend it's config file. It just doesn't make much sense...

Wait, WHAT? How comes that I thought it can't all the way? :facepalm: It makes a good deal of sense because one can have active autonomus modules now!