Iron Hill Mission Updates

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here is the first post of a new thread : the Iron Hill Mission Updates!
Here I'll explain everything you wanna know about the Iron Hill project, the astronauts, the experiments and some extra things. Any questions about the Iron Hill project and the related missions? Post it here!
Soon I'll post about the basic informations of the project and the latest news!

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Now I'll talk about the current mission, the lunar mission...
picture.php

Spacecraft : Odyssey
TLI date : 25/03/2012
Expected LOI date : 30/03/2012

The Lunar Mission (also called Lunar Hop) is a small mission to the Brighton Beach base. The Chronus spacecraft, a XR5, launched from the Cape Canaveral during the dusk of March, 24th. The Chronus was going to the Arrow Freighter number one, the Odyssey. The crew of the Chronus (TMac3000, RickD, Mojoey and Felipi1205) docked with the Odyssey almost one hour after the launch. Felipi1205 and Mojoey were transfered. At March, 26th, the Odyssey burned the engines and the target was the Moon. The spacecraft is currenctly in a hibernation mode, and the spacecraft is going to "wake up" one hour before the LOI, at March, 30th. Two EVAs already happened. In the first one, Felipi1205 and Mojoey checked the payload area. In the second one, Felipi1205 checked the Docking Bay. For more informations, check this thread again in the next days...

Latest Informations of the Odyssey:
Distance from the Earth : 385.1M
Distance from the Moon : 65.63M
Estimated Lunar PeA : 14.37K
Earth's G : 0.27 (Red)
Sun's G : 0.62 (Green)
Moon's G : 0.11 (Red)

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I believe it's a manned trip to Mercury?

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The project is going to investigate the Sun from the closer planet : Mercury!
The main patch says "HOMO FIT STELLARIUM", or "The Man is made of stars", because all the complex elements were created inside the stars with nuclear fusion, including the humans! The opportunity of a mission to Mercury is perfect for a complete solar mission, because of the proximity and because of the relationship between the Sun and the small rock of Iron, Mercury...
The main points of the mission are:
-The Solar Maximum is going to happen at the end of 2012, good opportunity for the Solar Team!
-Solve some misteries of Mercury's magnetic field...
-The geology team is going to bring some samples of the planet and look in the composition of it...
For me, this is the ultimate purpose of the mission...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here is the Odysey's pilot reporting. We entered in the lunar orbit at 11:10 UTC. The current orbit is called "parking orbit", and we're still on this eccentric orbit. In the next PeA, in the next hours, the spacecraft will bring the ApA down, so we'll stay in the final orbit and do the preparations to the landing. We will land in the night side, on the end of this day, and start the replacement of the engines in the next days... The base is empty, so we can choose the landing pad. The best landing pad is the LP-4.In the next week, we'll comeback to the ground in the Chronus spacecraft, land and prepare to the "real" mission...
PeA:17.37M;
ApA:18.44K;
Altitude:15.60;
G:0.66 (Green).

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If all you're going to have in this thread are updates, than I ask you do that in a blog. Iron Hill already has a thread for discussions...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, direct orders from Tmac3000. And it's not a simple post for updates, but for general questions, informations about the crew, AND updates...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok, so I'll create my third blog, but that's not a problem!

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

http://ironhillupdates.blogspot.com
I already posted the "welcome" post. In the weekend I'll post the spacecrafts and (maybe) the crew presentation, with our pictures...