Iron Hill Project Thread

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The UCGO doesn't use C++, so it's easy! and Loru created the surface science kit, this is usefull. And my computer is broken, so I can't create another intruments now, maybe next week...

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Okay. The launch window is April 25, so we will need to have everything together and loaded by then. That radio telescope thing is still bothering me tho...how the heck am I going to build one of those things?

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
Well TMac thats simple get the mshes put together for all the parts and only make the base deployable, then use action areas to attach the other parts to it like in [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4593"]This Addon[/ame]

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Okay, so far we have three base crew out of the five needed:
Base Commander/Doctor: TMac3000 (unless someone else wants it)
Geology 1: Lydia
Geology 2: open
Solar 1: Filipi1205
Solar 2: open

I still need flight crews. This is something of a thankless job, I know, since most of them will get to see Mercury but not set foot there, and the XR crews don't even get to leave LEO. Still an essentail job though, if we ever want to go anywhere:p

Need 2 for each of the Arrows, and 2 for each of the XR-5s. The XR-2 Intrepid has been scrapped thanks to the recently posted Arrow Freighter Docking Harness. Many, many thanks to the inventor, although I can't remember your handle at the moment:tiphat:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Okay, so far we have three base crew out of the five needed:
Geology 2: open
Solar 2: open

I still need flight crews. This is something of a thankless job, I know, since most of them will get to see Mercury but not set foot there, and the XR crews don't even get to leave LEO. Still an essentail job though, if we ever want to go anywhere:p

Need 2 for each of the Arrows, and 2 for each of the XR-5s. The XR-2 Intrepid has been scrapped thanks to the recently posted Arrow Freighter Docking Harness. Many, many thanks to the inventor, although I can't remember your handle at the moment:tiphat:

I can do Geology 2

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I can do Geology 2

Done:)

Geology 2: Mojoey
Solar 2:

Odyssey Crew:
Commander:
Pilot:

Columbus Crew:
Commander:
Pilot:

Chronus Crew
Pilot:
Copilot:

Hermes Crew
Not open yet, as it isn't clear yet if we'll need the backup ship

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Now, the launch window, is that real time? I.E. April of 2012?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
It is, and so is the arrival date. This mission will be in real time, so whoever signs up for the Odyssey crew, I hope they don't mind having their computer tied up for a while:tiphat:

why not use time warp?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Because real time is more immersive and less buggy. It's been done before, but not as a forum mission, I don't think. Someone did a real time mission to Mars. The alternative is to use Date->Now in the scenario editor to update it, and then save the Current State file over the scenario file. Unfortuantely this tends to wipe out IMFD course data:( Does anyone know a way to prevent this?

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
creator of the harness is chrothor GIVE HIM CREDIT XD

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
no need ive downloaded and am about to run it ill relay back to you, what do u wanna know

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Nothing that I can't find out, really.
Do I just d/l and extract it like everything else, or is there something else I need to do to make it work?

Are there seperate freqs for each of the docking ports?

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

And Crothor would you be interested in joining the team as a developer?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Alright, are there contingencies if something goes wrong? I.E. base is compromised and the crew needs to be rescued?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
That depends on what goes wrong. I haven't practiced abort procedures like RTLS yet, but I should have time in the next two months, so I'll be focusing on that. Evacuating the base would be a doozy, especially if say a power failure threatened the O2 flow. We would have two hours to get everybody out, and only the Arrow has enough O2 to get everyone home, so the Columbus may have to remain in orbit on standby.

I can act as a doctor if someone gets hurt, or we can add another crew member:)

chrothor

Reaction score
Nothing that I can't find out, really.
Do I just d/l and extract it like everything else, or is there something else I need to do to make it work?

Are there seperate freqs for each of the docking ports?

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

And Crothor would you be interested in joining the team as a developer?

As far as I know, just extract everything to the usual folders.
When in game, you have to spawn a SAS and dock it to an existing Arrow with dock 0.
There are no frequencies for the individual docks, but you can set them up before mission start with the scenario editor.

And don't forget the short readme in DOCS folder !

As for joining the team, I am far too unexperienced to develop anything useful, and I don't think I'll have enough time to be commited.

However, be assured that I'll keep a close watch on the Ironhill Project :)