Iron Hill Project Thread

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I just ran some diagnostics. Results will be posted in the B-Crew discussion group.

---------- Post added 11-26-12 at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-25-12 at 04:35 PM ----------

I just realized the 1000th post went to SolarLiner:)
Since I'm to tired to decide what your prize will be, you get to pick it.
Just be reasonable;)

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just realized the 1000th post went to SolarLiner:)
Since I'm to tired to decide what your prize will be, you get to pick it.
Just be reasonable;)

A 20-year girlfirend, preferably the UMmu "Tech" style, if you know what I mean :rofl:
My prize would be ... A use of my Shuttle PB Mk2 ? :lol:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It worked !
(I'm so happy :lol: )

I deleted the Mercury, the SAS upgrade and the Carina from my state ... And tadam ! It worked for me.
I still have a state with them, I will do the burn on a simplified version of the state and overwrite the new state with the old one. I have a window for 20:38 UT, where I can do the burn.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Of course this will be on twitch.tv ;)
I am going to create a special IHP account for this, and post the tutorial, for those wanting to do the same.

Live will occur at http://www.twitch.tv/iron_hill for the TLI at 20:38 UT, live starts at around 20:00 - 20:10 UT.
[eventTimer]2012-11-30 20:27:54?-|+; TLI %c%%dd%/%hh%:%mm%:%ss%[/eventTimer]

Of course, I'll be on the Quakenet IRC chat ;)

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
MECO confirmed, we might have to do a course correction at Earth SOI edge.

And as always, the full state at MECO !

Attachments

• The Iron Hill Project 56261_8689.scn
    21.8 KB · Views: 13

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My computer is ALMOST working, so I'll update it every week again!!!! :thumbup:
Nice to hear it SolarLiner! Good luck!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry to be out of contact for so long guys, Im afraid I wont be able to do the Cheyenne station modules, as UMMU is refusing to cooperate right now. Could anyone fill me in on whats happening currently?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
My computer is ALMOST working, so I'll update it every week again!!!! :thumbup:
You won't need to until Discovery returns, sometime in the next two weeks. They'll be keeping us up to date until then.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Sorry to be out of contact for so long guys, Im afraid I wont be able to do the Cheyenne station modules, as UMMU is refusing to cooperate right now. Could anyone fill me in on whats happening currently?
As I'm sure you noticed, Discovery is now underway on her maiden flight. We had a week's worth of massive hangup over malfunctioning computers.

You and Tacolev are manning MCC (I've been handling it from well inside the orbit of Venus up to this point), so the two of you will be calling the chat meetings and getting updates on Discovery's progress.

Don't worry about coding the new modules--we can just use the vanilla ones from SSBB. Important note about that: I'll be adding SSBB to the required add-on list after Discovery returns to Earth (and trying to find a way to get the modules into Chronus's bay:p)

This one is getting off to an even rockier start than the March lunar mission did, but everyone is doing a terrific job so far. Keep up the good work:cheers:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Discovery, Odyssey. We have some new information for you.
Good news:): After some digging, we've zeroed in on the cause of that computer malfunction.
Bad news:(: It's caused by Chronus being in orbit at the same time as Discovery. How exactly that works, I'm not sure. Perhaps the computer can't keep track of both orbits?
Semi-good news:shifty::Chronus, we can solve the problem by sending you home early. I need you guys to deploy your satellite, then go ahead and begin return procedures. When you do this, make sure the top drop-down box in the updater is set to "Propagate along osculating elements" and the bottom box is set to "Maintain surface position".

However, this will be the last time the boxes are set that way. Once Chronus is back on the ground, we'll always set both boxes to "Propagate [etc]". Otherwise, the orbits don't update correctly.

Discovery, after Sorindafabico posts his landed state, I need you to immediately download it and update your clock, setting both boxes to "Propagate [etc]".

So, to sum up, we need the crew of Chronus to deploy the Carina and head home. You'll launch again and retrieve the crew when they return from the moon. Believe me, I don't like spending that extra delta-v either:(

Good luck, gentlemen.

Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Discovery has arrived in orbit. Playback included--please ignore the misleading scenario name:p

You guys can align with Brighton and take her down whenever you're ready;)
I'll stitch Chronus back in when you return to Earth.

Attachments

• The Iron Hill Project.scn
    18.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Lunar Orbit Insertion.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 2

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
That should be fine. After Discovery lands, I'm going to add Chronus back in and run some diagnostics to check for CTDs. If all goes well, you should be able to complete your mission once Discovery lands at Brighton.

Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
After you land, just delete the six cargos, and then you can take a break for a couple of days. I'll add the SAS for you, and the Brighton mechanics will do the rest;)

While you are on the ground, I'm going to have Chronus land at Wideawake. After you return to Earth, you'll stay in space, and Chronus will deliver the rest of the crew, and all your cargo and supplies. So you won't land on Earth again until you get back from Mercury:)

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
After you land, just delete the six cargos, and then you can take a break for a couple of days. I'll add the SAS for you, and the Brighton mechanics will do the rest;)

Good to think I will put my feet down and drink some Vostok Beer :cheers:

So you won't land on Earth again until April:)
Good news too :lol: Farewell, little blue marble ...