Iron Hill Project Thread

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
The waste tank would be a cylinder about half your height, and about a meter in diameter. There would be a hose coming from the top of it, about 1.5 meters long (for sanitary reasons:lol:)

The hydroponics tank I'm really not sure about. Seems to me it would look sort of like a giant fish tank: a big glass box with a control panel in one corner.

Also, I lost the mesh for the cots. But it looks like a standard low-slung camping bed, about half a meter high, with a cylindrical pillow at one end.

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The waste tank would be a cylinder about half your height, and about a meter in diameter. There would be a hose coming from the top of it, about 1.5 meters long (for sanitary reasons:lol:)

The hydroponics tank I'm really not sure about. Seems to me it would look sort of like a giant fish tank: a big glass box with a control panel in one corner.

Also, I lost the mesh for the cots. But it looks like a standard low-slung camping bed, about half a meter high, with a cylindrical pillar at one end.

That helps, but again, if you could draw me a sketch, or even better, post a picture of what you're thinking of, (the cot perhaps?) modelling it should be a snap. Thats how I did the NERVA style engine on the Shuttle-DL, just by looking at a picture of the IMS one for reference (oops Spoiler!)

Sooo anyways, I did do the EVA last night, but computer troubles restricted me from doing a playback, and my computer was so slow that I barely managed to make it back to base safely. I almost suspect that the intentional glitch test I did on Delta Vee! messed with my computers memory, since its usually never that slow. Anyways here are the screenshots from EVA-B3

Suiting up in the airlock module

Small note: Rtyh is in discovery. Every time I tried to activate Orulex collisions with the crew in the base, they died instantly. I think Orulex collisions UCGO gives them a tiny bump upwards at load time, which UMMU interprets, as "UMMU is off ground-suborbital, without suit on, depressurizing!"

So anyways, I put Rtyh in Discovery to act as mission support, then took the rest of the crew with us in the rover. Rtyh is still on-board Discovery, but I suppose hes okay there for the moment.

Making sure to signal left as we approach the crater wall (my driving test is on May 29, so I should practice :lol:)

Shivery cool moment right as we got through the pass & saw the other side

Driving around outside the crater. The area is pretty boring actually, not much to see besides a small bump sunward of the pass exit, and the big hill that the base crater is located alongside.

Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Well done, gentlemen! I'll just remake those meshes for you, and get them sent off. I've got Chronus 9 to rehearse for, so I can't say when you'll have them, except that you will have them before June 9.

Again, excellent job. I really wish we could get in touch with SolarLiner, so we could have live chat session (both of us have microphones, and I should be able to install the Twitch client on my Linux machine. It would be awesome to talk to you guys by radio:thumbup:

---------- Post added 05-23-13 at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-22-13 at 08:05 PM ----------

The cot:
picture.php

And the mass spec:
picture.php

I'll post the waste tank later. I never modeled the hydroponics tank, because I have no idea what it would even look like.

Okay, here's the waste tank
picture.php

As you can see, it needs some tweaking. If you'll forgive the crudity, here's how it works:
#1 is easy. Just stick the hose where it goes.
#2 is more complicated. There are supposed to be some velcro straps on that flange, so you can strap it to your thighs. It's adjustable for females. /awkwardness:lol:

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
dunno what happened with Solarliner :shrug:

SolarLiner finalizes its "spoken exam" (oral exam ?) witch is tomorrow. Sorry to not have prevented you, I was just under mass work :goodnight:

Saturday the 25th, I will go EVA, because it is not fun if I can't mercury-walk a little before the return window ... :thumbup:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Hey, Solarliner. Good to have you back!
As a completely off-topic oddity, n122vu introduced me to Alizee the other day. And may I say, your country produces some fabulous entertainment:OMG::hitit:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ahh ... Alizée ... "C'est pas ma faute à moi, moi Lolita"
Was too young when she was "active" ... But I sure like her :p

Meanwhile, things are bad here on the country of bread and 2CV (education to say the most obvious for me, and shopbreaking is getting to be a national sport in short time :facepalm: ), but entertainment is great, yes: Daft Punk (Get Lucky for the last one), David Guetta (more electro, but still great), all the humorists (Gad Elmaleh, Kev Adams, Jamel Debbouze, Roland Macdane)

On topic here, if anything is waiting to be done in EVA, I'll do it. Just for the sake of helping Mercury base, and because I feel somewhat "deactivated", "on the rails" (as a KSP programmer would say :p)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Good news guys: you're going to get four extra days:)
After a quick look in IMFD, looks like your launch is on the 13th at 12:00 UTC, with arrival at Earth on 27 September.

I'd like SolarLiner to fly the return trip.

So you've got another week to get done whatever needs doing;)

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Good news guys: you're going to get four extra days:)
After a quick look in IMFD, looks like your launch is on the 13th at 12:00 UTC, with arrival at Earth on 27 September.

I'd like SolarLiner to fly the return trip.

So you've got another week to get done whatever needs doing;)
Which is great news.
For the TEI, I'll do it 12th 16:00 UTC (because of school and other IRL things)

So I'll do EVA ops Saturday 18:00 UTC.

I was also little busy discovering Minecraft at base. Breaking blocks is addictive on Mercury, I tell you ! :lol:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:blink:

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 20

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My apologies on the extremely late departure, I tried last night, but discovered that the fuel level in Discovery was set to 100 %, so I'll have to find the right scenario to fix that. Time willing, I'll get us off the ground tonight. :thumbup:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...you scared me:shifty:
Actually, at this point I'm worried about you guys. Your scheduled launch date was two weeks ago, and I don't know how long those windows last...

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...you scared me:shifty:
Actually, at this point I'm worried about you guys. Your scheduled launch date was two weeks ago, and I don't know how long those windows last...

Not long, but long enough with the Arrow Freighter. If I remember correctly, the cycle has a period of 90 days, so we've eaten a lot of our window away, but we should have space left on the pork chop plot, even if we are really into the red. The unusual circumstances should make for a more interesting flight though, since the braking DV budget for return will be a lot closer than Odysseys.

:hailprobe:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My fault ... Could have been said that I am not ready and here to be the one to let us go home ... 100% fuel was my Orbiter "auto-refuel on pad", and the late departure is due to me.

*runs/jumps away*

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
It's no problem, man;)

Hey, you guys know that RTI is still in business, right? I mean, I'm not at the helm anymore, and we need two more people, but don't anybody give up on us. We've been blooded now, and that makes us more determined than ever!