Updates James Webb Space Telescope updates

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
the forum does not have a topic dedicated to Extremely Large Telescope

APDAF

Reaction score
At this point I'm surprised this hasn't been canned multiple times over the nearly two decades this has been in the works.
Maybe I'm just overly cynical but part of me thinks it's going to blow up on the pad or just after launch

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
it is unlikely that he will find at least one exoplanet, but he has an important function of fixing the twinkling and glow of stars (when the planet passes through the light of a star) can help in the future

compared to the Extremely Large Telescope, it can take pictures of the Tau Ceti system in detail

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
March 2022.
I wouldn't go that far, as there isn't much that can go wrong at this point (usually), but it seems fair to assume enough things will go wrong to delay it a few days and then they will probably pause for the holidays, thus January launch.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
After a month-long hiatus from this forum due to a lack of interest in spaceflight, I am active again, this time with a wall picture of the James Webb Space Telescope. Before the end of the testing, when I ever thought about the JWST, I became very tired of it as it was under testing for several years. It is great news that the testing is complete amidst the plague, but I'm still concerned about its fate in a region of space where no human being has ever reached. Good luck JWST.
1632146680260.jpg
the forum does not have a topic dedicated to Extremely Large Telescope
I've created a thread on this topic at the Astronomy sub-forum.

Last edited:

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Godspeed James Webb. I will never want any major part of the Webb Telescope defected.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
I'm still amazed that NASA is 'Eloning' their spaceflight history by taking risks like sending high-performance space telescopes in a place where no human has ever reached. However, I also believe that although any failure of the Webb Telescope would be a major setback for NASA, they would learn something from their failed mission.