Joystick Controllers

scuba_steve

Reaction score
hey all,

I'm new here and I'm in the dreaming/planning stages of a simpit. Im going to start out basic (control mounts, keypads), and try and build my way up from there... (custom panels, outputs displays/led... etc etc).

Right now i'm interested in controls. I'd like to get a right hand rotational stick, and a left hand translational hand controller (THC). For now i'm NOT looking for a custom THC with a push/pull 3rd axis (although eventually that would be nice). I think i'd manage with a twist 3rd axis, mounted 90-degrees, and a modified handle. I think the twist forward/aft thrusting isn't too unnatural.

I'm hopeing you folks can help with suggestions for a cheap 3 axis stick. I don't need many buttons, or high quality (i'm using a ****ty $15 2 axis stick now that works just fine!).

Anyone have any suggestions?

What have others done for a two handed control setup?

Peace!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm hopeing you folks can help with suggestions for a cheap 3 axis stick. I don't need many buttons, or high quality (i'm using a ****ty $15 2 axis stick now that works just fine!).
Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D. I picked one up used at a goodwill for $5 and it's still fine. A lot more play in the stick than I'd like, but I like the twist stick better than the throttle rudder control on the Saitek X45.

Check E-bay or local used computer equipment stores.

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D. I picked one up used at a goodwill for $5 and it's still fine. A lot more play in the stick than I'd like, but I like the twist stick better than the throttle rudder control on the Saitek X45.

Check E-bay or local used computer equipment stores.
I use the Extreme Wingman Pro, and either of the Logitech sticks should be fine for what you're looking for. ($20 new, BTW)