LHC Activation imminent

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The sooner they turn it on and shut the moonbats up the better. I've had it with moonbats and conspiratards. History channel had a show on last night about the 911 "truther" idiots, and experts refuting each of their claims, but what's the point? I detest aggressive stupidity.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I have nothing more to say...

Attachments

• 250kb-c2820623.jpg
    250kb-c2820623.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 51

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I wish we could have a CERN surface base in Orbiter.

It should be modeled as a vehicle, so that we can activate it by pressing a key.

Can I do the C++ coding? I know what it will do to Orbiter when activated, and this should be a very easy job ;).

Messierhunter

Reaction score
"The deathray will kill us all, so don't turn it on or we will kill you!"
Kind of oxymoronic, if the deathray kills us all, how could they kill the people who turned it on? If things go according to the tinfoil plan, the people responsible will be the first to die.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I guess the tinfoilers have some sort of doomday clock, it's probably 2 seconds to midnight or something ridiculous. Oh well, once the LHC turns on and kills a few particles, they'll be preaching about that 2012 crap.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm not at all conCERNed. :p

I am curious, though. Is there any live, 'as-it-happens' coverage of the LHC 'switch on'? I know it's not the full shabang this morning, but it would be nice to get some real-time updates.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The BBC website will probably run footage of it. CERN is streaming 11 hours of video to the news networks today, so even if the BBC don't show it there's bound to be someone online who does.

(edit) Looks like the BBC are showing it as part of "Big Bang Day". PErhaps someone should tell them nothing will be happening for the next 5 weeks...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, BBC World News shows a great life broadcast currently in TV here.

Really cool was the countdown a few minutes ago: "Three, two, *laughter*, one, nothing!"

Also, you can see how they calibate the LHC and focus the beam even better.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
BBC are really ****ing me off. They've been told about a million times that there will be no collisions for months. Yet they keep going on about the end of the World, black holes, the Big Bang.

Sensationalism at it's worst.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
BBC are really ****ing me off. They've been told about a million times that there will be no collisions for months. Yet they keep going on about the end of the World, black holes, the Big Bang.

Sensationalism at it's worst.

Actually, the BBC broadcast from the CERN was not too sensationalist. A scientist had to explain that they won't create a Big Bang, but otherwise they kept a low profile.

And the countdown was again from a CERN scientist.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
D amn You stupid conspiracy theorists, now I have to hand in my assignment.