Project Mir station complex / UR-500 family

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
In no case, I am not rushing you, I have the creation of add-on hobbies I can assume that you are teaching (as the owner of two higher legal :) )

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, still my addons production line is busy, and I have to move forward. Can't wait to get to coding and to see the whole Proton fly. I hope to finish most of the tower this week-end. :hailprobe:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Looks better (and safer) with handrails. I'm not sure what those "little houses" are exactly, if they should have like a doorway ? Probably. Also it seems that they added cranes for the 3 or 4 stages versions, those are not present on the awesome UR-500 pic @MaxBuzz found. I have no idea what are their purpose, given that the rocket, fairing and payload are already in place on the train, there is no thing like on-pad assembly. Maybe they wanted to be able to remove the fairing and switch the payload if needed ? Maybe they are used to lift some equipment and tools used by the technicians (I'm not sure there are elevators, so it would make sense...), to reconfigure stairs and walkways if required...

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
houses are a command post, there are two huge hangars nearby, these are storage (I may have developed topographic cretinism)
55496_original.png3012226989.jpg

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well the long grey structures are actually bunkers, they seem to be made of concrete and designed to endure a bombing run or a very misbehaving rocket. The UR500 was supposed to be the mother of all ICBMs so having big storage bunkers near the pads make sense.

By "houses" I meant the metal "boxes" you have on each side atop the mobile tower, not any ground structure, those are rather well documented in the ILS manual.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That tower is getting a bit complex, so progress is slow (but steady)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Also I'd like to add the "yellow 3D numbers" you can see on the following picture, do you know how that "font" is called ? It looks very CCCP-ish, like stuff on propaganda posters :)

Like that but with a better font :

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Back on the tower, working on the "false ring" (or ring 6 1/2, a bit like train stations in Harry Potter ? ), looks like some scaffolding between rings numbered 7 and 6, also continuing the staircases and handrails :

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
More staircases and handrails, will soon reach the "bottom" rings :

Reactions: GLS

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Laid the stairs from top to bottom, begins to look better. Now have to finish the handrails, adjust the walkways, and work on the 1,2,3 bottom rings. Also some more work will be required on the platform itself. And mesh cleaning is probably going to take a whole week, that one is really complex !

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
guide engine, two screenshots show the difference between the positions of the two engine (the difference between parallel engine is only in the sign "-" in the right place)
343.jpg3443.jpg33443.jpg

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So now all the rings are quite in their "final" state, only two levels of catwalks to add. Been a very long way from the top, I'm getting near from the platform !