Project Mir station complex / UR-500 family

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah its not like people will accidentally look at the details for the quarter of a second, before it becomes a tiny spot in the rocket's wake ?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah its not like people will accidentally look at the details for the quarter of a second, before it becomes a tiny spot in the rocket's wake ?
Its also in many non-technical photography and movies... many military-designed rockets used to have their guidance system in the intertank region, so there was a lot of prelaunch activity taking place there, like using theodolites for aligning the inertial guidance system.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
From 1996? This must have been based on a commercial CAD graphics card then, even very good consumer cards at that time would have been overwhelmed with this number of triangles.
NASA Uses SGI Indigo² Computer to Train Space Shuttle Crew (the program is called "MirInterior Demo" "Симулятор модуля станции Мир")
indigo2.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
NASA Uses SGI Indigo² Computer to Train Space Shuttle Crew (the program is called "MirInterior Demo" "Симулятор модуля станции Мир")
View attachment 28438

Yeah, that works, I also worked on their brothers when I started as young apprentice (SGI Indy and SGI Octane). Impressive graphics performance for that time. Even our four PC cluster had been barely faster than the Octane for calculating Mandelbrot sets.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I am just blown away by the minute details you guys put into the modeling, then to model the flight characteristics as close as possible. Totally awesome dudes. That’s what makes Orbiter just the best.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
All animations are work only once in VesselBuilder (for example, solar panels are folded when typing keys, nothing happens when pressed again) maybe I forgot some parameter?
666.jpg

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
All animations are work only once in VesselBuilder (for example, solar panels are folded when typing keys, nothing happens when pressed again) maybe I forgot some parameter?
View attachment 28587

Hello, I'm not a VesselBuilder expert (I prefer to code vessels directly), but you may have some luck there :

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A good picture (Intelsat-23) of that interstage, you can very clearly see the 4 verniers exhaust vents in red, and of course the retrorockets.

2fig3-2.jpg

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Anyone knows what those things are ? Looks like a stack of parallel plates... I doubt such electrical equipment is specific to the Proton, but my knowledge in electrics is very limited...

Interstage-01.jpg