Project MoonBaseAlpha for 2016

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So what Am I not understanding.

I built a flat file to make the surface flat. So shouldn't the elevation be the same with in the flat area? The floor of the center section is the same Y value just raised a bit above the surface. SO when the guy is moving around shouldn't the guy feet be the same? Meaning if the guy feet are just above the floor in one area it should be the same around the floor?

E69shango

Reaction score
Thanks to be working on this @gattispilot the only reason I keep playing Orbiter 2010 is because the eagles and the Moonbase Alpha (well...that and the ummu from Dansteph)

E69shango

Reaction score
OMG!!! I am gonna start praying again. Thanks for the info and all the hard work. Best wishes for you and your dearest ones.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. So one thing I will need help on is a transport vessel (aka displacement). But I don't think it working in 2016. IT was how we move the guys from section to section simulating the tube car.

@Artlav Can you update this?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Can you update this?
Sorry, it's been about a decade since i last made anything for Orbiter, and i'm no longer set up for it (or have much of a clue).
Usually i just release the source code when asked about it, but in this case i can't seem to find it.

From what i remember it was a really simple piece of code, so maybe someone can make a new one?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Not really? These are just some definitions that are tied into a bunch of stuff that no longer works.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So it need these:

grhook
modv

Attachments

• displaceboothissue2.jpg
    displaceboothissue2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 6
  • displaceboothissue1.jpg
    displaceboothissue1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 6

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
modv is the length of a vector.
Something like
C:
double modv(VECTOR3 v){return sqrt(v.x*v.x+v.y*v.y+v.z*v.z);}

grhook was a module for hooking into DX7 calls from 2010 or so. It is long dead and needs to be replaced.
That was responsible for getting a surface to draw the interface on.
Modern Orbiter does have it's own interfaces for it AFAIK.
Can't help you with that, i'm afraid.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I added that line and just removed the lines
It loads.
if(vi->GetClassName()!=NULL)if(!strcmp(vi->GetClassName(),"UACS"))if((modv(vp-gp)<3)&&(vi!=vai)&&(ves==vi)){
But no menu shows up.
No sure if this is the correct class name for UACS astronauts?
@Abdullah Radwan

So I just made the MNU to 1 but no display. Hopefully I can get this to work.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So except for sound converted one Eagle module to UACS. Not sure about the displacement module. I will need help to get it going.

Attachments

• mbabuggyuacs.jpg
    mbabuggyuacs.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Having problems getting the TCAR system to work.
As I see it.
The guy goes to an action area. Presses a key and the door open, If the car is not there it will move there and open. This works:)

But then the guy moves to the center of the car and presses a key again.
and input box opens to tell where to go. This doesn't work:(
Then the guy is attached to the TCAR and then the car moves

Running debug i get the symbols not loaded. at if (GetAttachmentStatus)
I added an attachment at the foot of the UACS guy.
case 1: { OBJHANDLE hV = oapiGetFocusObject(); VESSEL* v = oapiGetFocusInterface(); UMMU1 = v->GetAttachmentHandle(true, 1); if (GetAttachmentStatus(UMMU1)) { if (!_strnicmp(dest, "1", 1)) { RevertTCAR1(); strcpy(dest, ""); } } else { if (!_strnicmp(dest, "", 1)) { //oapiOpenInputBox("Your destination (1,2)? 1-LP3, 2-Nowhere", ChoiceBox, 0, 2, (void*)this); } else { if (!_strnicmp(dest, "1", 1))// || !_strnicmp(dest,"2",1)) { AttachUmmu1();//don't reset dest now!!! } if (!_strnicmp(dest, "2", 1)) { //do nothing then we have to reset dest. strcpy(dest, ""); } } } }

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Doing what I can do. Remodeling the Eagle. But I need some help on the Moonbase.
Not sure why it worked good in 2010 but not 2016. As I understand it. It gets the attachment status of the UACS guy. It not attached then attach. I made a attachment for the UACS guy. And can attach them. but not by the code.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
So glad to see you working on this, so hoped that this would see a comeback! If I can help? 3D, beta.testing, anything?
btw A while back I converted the 2001 moon bases to Orb2016 but encountered some hurdles, the biggy: digging trenches, and of course the annoying base meshes not receiving own shadows. Have these issues been resolved?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Updating the Eagle cockpit.

But this TCar is not working. Basically the guy walks to the station and action area. doors open Works then you go to the car and action area. choice box. That works.

But then here is where it breaks down. As I understand it. check to see if dest is 1 or not. In this case it is 1 from debugging. if dest 1 go to attachUmm1. but if never goes to AttachUmmu1
if (!_strnicmp(dest, "", 1)) // if dest ="" { oapiOpenInputBox("Your destination (1,2)? 1-LP3, 2-Nowhere", ChoiceBox, 0, 2, (void*)this); } else { if (!_strnicmp(dest, "1", 1))// || !_strnicmp(dest,"2",1)) dest = 1 { AttachUmmu1();//don't reset dest now!!! } if (!_strnicmp(dest, "2", 1)) { //do nothing then we have to reset dest. strcpy(dest, ""); } } }

Attachments

• eaglemfd2.jpg
    eaglemfd2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2
  • eaglemfd1.jpg
    eaglemfd1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2

Boxx

Mars Addict
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
if (!_strnicmp(dest, "1", 1))// || !_strnicmp(dest,"2",1)) dest = 1 { AttachUmmu1();//don't reset dest now!!! }
maybe it was not "1" but 1 (0x01)

the previous code (that was commented out here) resets dest to 0x01 (assuming dest is a char and not a char*)