Problem Mouse look behaves erratically...

Slaintemaith

Old Timer
Reaction score
So I'm using the latest/greatest 2016 version with the DX9 client.
Everything is now finally as I want it (mostly--couple MFD conflicts--whatever) and I'm still plagued by the initial issue I had originally which is:
In internal/external views, as soon as you hit the right mouse button to look around, the view starts moving on its own.
Sometimes.
Usually.
Sometimes it doesn't, and one can pan around as planned.
I did actually look this up on the forums and I read somewhere (can't find it again now) that it has to do with TSRs in the background. So I tried disabling every one I could on the task list.
No change.

I CAN pan around with my joystick's hat switch just fine. No issues at all. I prefer not to, as I only like to use the joystick when I'm 'flying,' space is (until a 'pulse' mode is made for all vessels) too touchy to control thusly.

Anyone have any cheap/easy (or even nasty, expensive, evil) fixes for this?

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
As a troubleshooting measure, try disconnecting all other input devices (joysticks and gamepads, but might as well do keyboard too) and see if the mouse problem persists.

Slaintemaith

Old Timer
Reaction score
Egads, as a flight sim/gamer guy that's, uh, a LOT of peripherals...
I thought orbiter only listened to the USB inputs you told it to?

Still, I'll give it a try...

Slaintemaith

Old Timer
Reaction score
So it does seem to have an issue with other USB devices. Which seems odd, since I only use the joystick in the controls settings. Is there something one can do to make Orbiter ignore other devices? I seem to recall something about this, but it's been too long.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
So it does seem to have an issue with other USB devices. Which seems odd, since I only use the joystick in the controls settings. Is there something one can do to make Orbiter ignore other devices? I seem to recall something about this, but it's been too long.
I'm not sure how to deal with how Orbiter does or doesn't treat various input devices.

But I would suggest figuring out which device is causing the issue and then simply calibrate it (e.g. with the Windows gamepad calibration tool). You most likely have some random or constant signal reaching outside of a deadzone.

DelRioPilot

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue, and disconnecting my controllers does not appear to help. Could another thing be causing this problem?

Marcindzn

Reaction score
I have this problem too. I'm using laptop. My touchpad is disabled. I don't have any other USB devices plugged in to my laptop, only the mouse and problem with moving the camera on it own after pressing right mouse button occur.
Please help it's very annoying.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So it does seem to have an issue with other USB devices.

Some devices (like the Saitek X52 for eexample) have built-in mouse emulation. Orbiter wouldn't have any way of telling the inputs apart. Not saying that is necessarily the issue, just saying that USB devices tend to be trickier than just "I hadn't selected that".