OHM Nasa Station

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: mr martian

ive always wanted a BIG space station, and the biggest out there is the ess station by siriusfett, which is a great ad on, but i wanted something EVEN BIGGER so i made the nasa station, it has 8 docking ports, a gravity wheel, solar panels, and an observation deck.

this is my first EVER vessel ad-on so if its not all that great im sorry. please report any bugs. and please leave feedback!! :) if u like it, leave a comment, and if u dont like it, tell me why :) 

DOWNLOAD

Keatah

Reaction score
i believe bigwheel is 10x this size..

Interceptor

Reaction score
OK Mister Martian, we have a problem,when I use the docking MFD and select a dock out of 7,the 8th one is used for the Shuttle A obviously,the MFD won't let me pick a dock to dock at.it just stays at the choose a docking target screen.BTW great job.:cheers:

Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
response

OK Mister Martian, we have a problem,when I use the docking MFD and select a dock out of 7,the 8th one is used for the Shuttle A obviously,the MFD won't let me pick a dock to dock at.it just stays at the choose a docking target screen.BTW great job.:cheers:

ok, does this happen in the scenario that i provide with the ad-on, or in all instances?? the provided scenario was made with the Scenario Editor module, so it might have something to do with that... thanks for reporting the bug btw, and thanks for leaving feedback :thumbup:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi,Mister Martian,I added the ID lines in the stations sceneario,and it seems to work now,any plans on expanding this project? like adding a cargo area with opening doors,and a RMS,or you could even use URMS with this,and Ummu-Ucgo compatible would be nice too,just some suggestions,Thanks again for making this.:tiphat:

IDS 0:588 100 1:586 100 2:584 100 3:582 100 4:580 100 5:560 100 6:540 100 7:520 100 8:500 100
XPDR 466

Last edited:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
Wow! looks great. I was wishing there was this style of station. thanks! I'll try it when I get a chance.

this is off-topic but yes, you can see the structure of the big wheel from the ground IIRC. :hmm:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This is a pretty nice futuristic space station.

Also, the Ceres is another station that is bigger than the ESS.

And I love that honeycomb solar panel texture.

Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
I like this station a lot too, it looks good with a bunch of medium-to-large ships moored to it.

It could use a little more detail, though. One of the problems with making really big stations is that they tend to look a little ugly up close, because the textures have to be huge to look really good.

Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Hi,Mister Martian,I added the ID lines in the stations sceneario,and it seems to work now,any plans on expanding this project? like adding a cargo area with opening doors,and a RMS,or you could even use URMS with this,and Ummu-Ucgo compatible would be nice too,just some suggestions,Thanks again for making this.:tiphat:

IDS 0:588 100 1:586 100 2:584 100 3:582 100 4:580 100 5:560 100 6:540 100 7:520 100 8:500 100
XPDR 466

im glad u like it! and u know what, i made this with completely different docking ports that fit another ship (one that i have not uploaded) and it was not a nasa station, instead it has "asa" (American Space Agency) written on it, and it was supposed to be set in something like 2310, but i thought, well, why dont i smack a nasa logo on it, change the docking ports, and upload it. so i did, the whole process took something like an hour, and i did it so fast, i didnt even think about ummu or ucgo!!! :facepalm:

great idea though!! cant believe i didnt think of that!!!! i could always make it ummu and/or ucgo compatible, as well as adding another docking port that fits the arrow. if u like the idea let me know and ill start work on one. :salute:

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

I like this station a lot too, it looks good with a bunch of medium-to-large ships moored to it.

It could use a little more detail, though. One of the problems with making really big stations is that they tend to look a little ugly up close, because the textures have to be huge to look really good.

yeah, i see what u mean. i could have added a lot more detail, but i kind of rushed it, i will probably make a v2 version

sitha241

Reaction score
Wow! looks great. I was wishing there was this style of station. thanks! I'll try it when I get a chance.

this is off-topic but yes, you can see the structure of the big wheel from the ground IIRC. :hmm:

damn it is true,it even casts a shadow on earth :)

also I could see Nasa station from ground...Nice work..easy target for those who practice docking..

Interceptor

Reaction score
I think that adding a docking port for the arrow is a great idea,and Ummu,and,UCGO could only makes this addon better.

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Its just become my nice new space hotel. Will soon be taking bookings.
Got 3 DG-IV's docked, 4th on its way.

Thanks

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Have used this a few times with no issues and haved docked to it fine.
Now I get a crash to desktop and in the log there is the following lines

Module DeltaGlider.dll ....... [Build 100830, API 100830]
Module XR5Vanguard.dll ....... [Build 120513, API 100830]
Module Nasa_Station.dll ...... [Build 110509, API 100830]
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: VESSEL::SetBankMomentScale
At least one active module is accessing an obsolete interface function.
Addons which rely on obsolete functions may not be compatible with
future versions of Orbiter.
>>> ERROR: Missing texture: station\black.dds
>>> [TextureManager::AcquireTexture | .\Texture.cpp | 750]
Finished initialising status
Finished initialising camera
Finished initialising panels
Finished setting up render state

I only have one folder called "station" and it contains some DDS files for the Nasa Station, there is no black.dds
I also looked at the "packing" list mentioned on the download page and it is NOT listed.

As this has run fine in the past I am at a loss...
Any ideas folks

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Missing texture won't cause a crash to desktop. The cause is different. Did you install any add-on between the time when it worked fine and when it started causing crashes?

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Went back to check what was the last I installed and all is working fine now. Still says the "station/black.dds" is missing.

Docked to the nasa station....

Gone as weird as it came. No Idea but thanks all the same

Pale Hearse

Reaction score
Yup.. better get to work on the update for arrow and perhaps more high rez textures.. this thing looks great! I look forward to seeing your upgraded station!