Gaming O-F Dedicated FSX Server

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Aww man!!!!! I want to play too!!! Sadly for me, my copy is now a dud. When I try to activate it, it says that I've activated that code too many times already and now I can't activate it and install acceleration! Sheesh, talk about mean! Microsoft or anyone else shouldn't do that kind of thing. They should never limit activations!
Assuming that you do indeed have a legal copy, you can call the number that it gives to have them allow another activation.

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Assuming that you do indeed have a legal copy, you can call the number that it gives to have them allow another activation.
Well, actually, it's a legal copy that a friend of mines gave to me which I then lost.:( All I have left is a backup image file of the discs on my desktop computer. Also, I don't even know if it's legal to make backup copies so I haven't burnt the image files yet. As far as I know, private, non-commercial/non-profit copying is legal...

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well, actually, it's a legal copy that a friend of mines gave to me which I then lost.:( All I have left is a backup image file of the discs on my desktop computer. Also, I don't even know if it's legal to make backup copies so I haven't burnt the image files yet. As far as I know, private, non-commercial/non-profit copying is legal...
If you still have the CD key, you can try going through the phone activation line, (800) 537-8324. If that doesn't work for you, try via the normal support number, (800) 936-5700.

Talon1

Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you still have the CD key, you can try going through the phone activation line, (800) 537-8324. If that doesn't work for you, try via the normal support number, (800) 936-5700.
So in other words, it's okay to burn my backups? In that case, I'll just tell them I still have the original and not the backup then, just to be sure.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So in other words, it's okay to burn my backups? In that case, I'll just tell them I still have the original and not the backup then, just to be sure.
I don't know.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Okay... I guess I'll just ask this on Yahoo Answers then, just to make sure...
From the FSX EULA, part 7: "BACKUP COPY. You may make one backup copy of the software. You may use it only to reinstall the software."

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Since FSX installation is based on a software key, the backup copy or disc images will likely not be an issue with MS, other than what is stated in the EULA. Limiting the activations prevents someone from making copies of the discs and sharing the key with the entire neighborhood, which makes their profits go down and puts good developers out of a job. Don't diss "Tha Man," he's just doin' his job.

There are other options, but I am bound by forum rules not to elaborate further. Google is your friend.

*Disclaimer - I do not condone nor support software piracy. I do however support being able to use legally-obtained software in situations where normal license material has been misplaced or lost.*

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Oh cool! The guy who made the T-45 and F-14 is now making an F-35A
1248845887940.jpg

Talon1

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Limiting the activations prevents someone from making copies of the discs and sharing the key with the entire neighborhood, which makes their profits go down and puts good developers out of a job.
So in other words, it's bad to share your copy with one other person? If that's a yes, then that means one my other friends is screwed then since he shared his key with two other people!!!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So in other words, it's bad to share your copy with one other person? If that's a yes, then that means one my other friends is screwed then since he shared his key with two other people!!!
Correct. Your key is for you. You aren't supposed to have the key active on multiple computers simultaneously, either.

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
wow. legal discussions.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

They are not mandatory, they're merely a "best of" selection of freeware addons out there. If you're going to be flying the Acceleration F/A-18, though, I'd strongly recommend getting the speedbrake fix from the FS Blue Angels page.
sorry for the double post. whats wrong with the speed brake? it works fine for me

Last edited by a moderator:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
sorry for the double post. whats wrong with the speed brake? it works fine for me
The stock speed brake causes the airplane to pitch up unrealistically.

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
im no expert but it seems like where the speed brake is located and the angle that its at when its up would cause the aircraft to pitch up a little bit while forcing it down

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
August 29th 2009

just wanted to let everyone know that I will be on Hielor's FSX server on the 29th. I have nothing better to do on that day so I will be on most of the day prob around 20:00 GMT on

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I'll try and catch this session too. Just got a new mic since my old one broke.