Gaming O-F Dedicated FSX Server

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Odd, I did have the server up yesterday at the listed time. What time did you guys try?

Travis Reed

Unstable
Reaction score
Since I'm GMT -8 (or is it -7 this time of year...) I tried well after 1900 GMT. Pretty much off and on most of the afternoon (local) for me. And again in the evening. Have you cut the run times without updating the post?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I did bring the server down sooner than usual, primarily because it's been very hot here lately and I don't have an air conditioner (and there hasn't been that much interest anyway). I'll leave it up for the normal times next week, and the temperature should be back to normal so it won't roast me in my computer room.

Sorry it wasn't there when you guys tried to access it. I'm bringing it up right now to test the connection and stuff, and I'll leave it up until ~1600 GMT on Monday, so we can see if there's connection issues.

Travis Reed

Unstable
Reaction score
I just finished testing the connection to the server. And it works. :)

It's so good to know that the problem wasn't on my end...especially considering I've never used FSX in multiplayer mode before...

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Hielor: Do you think you could set up the server so we could have one of the Acceleration race missions? We seem to be the only people on FSX online who have ever done them. Not this upcoming weekend, of course, because I'm going to be away.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hielor: Do you think you could set up the server so we could have one of the Acceleration race missions? We seem to be the only people on FSX online who have ever done them. Not this upcoming weekend, of course, because I'm going to be away.
The problem with those is that you need everyone to show up at the same time, and you can't start the server until everyone who will be in the race is there.

The way it has been working is that people come and go as they have time.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Ok. Shame, because we did it when we didn't have a dedicated server, and it was a lot of fun.

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
aye that would be pretty fun. i think you should add a list of aircraft that everyone should download like the T-45, p-51, and the apache

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
aye that would be pretty fun. i think you should add a list of aircraft that everyone should download like the T-45, p-51, and the apache
Which P-51? Which Apache?

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
the p-51 mustang that was posted earlier. theres only 1 apache for FSX on simviation.com

also mention AI carriers cuz last week i flew with a few guys who didnt know what that was

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
the p-51 mustang that was posted earlier. theres only 1 apache for FSX on simviation.com

also mention AI carriers cuz last week i flew with a few guys who didnt know what that was
There are several different multiplayer carrier addons, which one do you use?

We typically use the FSN Alpha carrier, which isn't AI.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Also, I'm not seeing a P51 posted in this thread. I'll add the link to the first post (added the Apache), if you give it, though. I remember looking at a couple P-51s from simviation, but they were all terrible.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Sorry for anyone who tried to join the server today -- the computer happily restarted itself to perform an update at some point, despite me having told it multiple times to not do that. Yay.

Anyway, the server is now up.

Travis Reed

Unstable
Reaction score
There are several different multiplayer carrier addons, which one do you use?

We typically use the FSN Alpha carrier, which isn't AI.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Also, I'm not seeing a P51 posted in this thread. I'll add the link to the first post (added the Apache), if you give it, though. I remember looking at a couple P-51s from simviation, but they were all terrible.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Sorry for anyone who tried to join the server today -- the computer happily restarted itself to perform an update at some point, despite me having told it multiple times to not do that. Yay.

Anyway, the server is now up.

You can disable automatic updates...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You can disable automatic updates...
That's my point... I *have* in the past, and it sets it back. Or maybe I've imagined disabling it, but I've disabled it again. We'll see.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Bought FSX Deluxe w/Acceleration over the weekend & have been loving every minute of it.

I'll definitely try to make it to the normal session this Saturday. Assuming the addons listed in the first posts are suggestions & not mandatory?

Regards,
n122vu

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Bought FSX Deluxe w/Acceleration over the weekend & have been loving every minute of it.

I'll definitely try to make it to the normal session this Saturday. Assuming the addons listed in the first posts are suggestions & not mandatory?

Regards,
n122vu
They are not mandatory, they're merely a "best of" selection of freeware addons out there. If you're going to be flying the Acceleration F/A-18, though, I'd strongly recommend getting the speedbrake fix from the FS Blue Angels page.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
They are not mandatory, they're merely a "best of" selection of freeware addons out there. If you're going to be flying the Acceleration F/A-18, though, I'd strongly recommend getting the speedbrake fix from the FS Blue Angels page.

Cool. I'll pick up the speedbrake fix next chance I get.

Thanks!
n122vu

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Aww man!!!!! I want to play too!!! Sadly for me, my copy is now a dud. When I try to activate it, it says that I've activated that code too many times already and now I can't activate it and install acceleration! Sheesh, talk about mean! Microsoft or anyone else shouldn't do that kind of thing. They should never limit activations!