O J Simpson convicted

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Good riddance. Get thee to a jail cell post haste, foul dirtbag of the Orange Juice.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm with you... That scumbag should have been locked away long ago.

joeybigO

can't get in a word edgewise
Donator
Reaction score
Good riddance. Get thee to a jail cell post haste, foul dirtbag of the Orange Juice.

He was so guilty the first time Will always be known for that and being the scumbag that he was. And I am grateful for the justice system. It somewhat still works

Cobalt

Reaction score
I've heard (Sorry, no sources off hand) that he's looking at 15 years minimum. He's 61 now, so if he does get that, he'll be 76 upon release if he doesn't kick the bucket in prison. He's also on suicide watch, too. Paper uniform so he can't hang himself.

Gorn

Reaction score
I've heard (Sorry, no sources off hand) that he's looking at 15 years minimum.

I had heard it was 20 years minimum, but I've only been peeking at the news today. Either way, it's ok with me.

Yes, I know that guilty people are sometimes acquitted, that in the US system that's part of the "cost of doing business," and that this trial should have been about the armed robbery and only the armed robbery, nothing more. And I did watch enough of this trial that I think he did get a fair shake; the jurors were questionnaired and voir dired to death, evidence that could have been legitimately introduced was withheld because it was too reminiscent of 1994, but nonetheless the prosecution had him cold. (It didn't help him any that half his friends seem to spend 24/7 wired to record everything they do.)

So OK, he got a fair trial and was convicted. But I'm not on the jury, so I can say this -- if real justice had prevailed, OJ would be sitting in a California prison right now, having recently exhausted his appeals, and would be counting the weeks until he sucked the cyanide.

Danny

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hard to believe he's that old; he doesn't look it. Here's an ad he did for the 1970 Chevy Nova!

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
The verdict isn't really a surprise considering the evidence. Good to see that justice was carried out. Sad that OJ would be guilty of such things (especially after being acquitted for murder).

So OK, he got a fair trial and was convicted. But I'm not on the jury, so I can say this -- if real justice had prevailed, OJ would be sitting in a California prison right now, having recently exhausted his appeals, and would be counting the weeks until he sucked the cyanide.

Danny
Gandalf said:
Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Its likely that OJ was guilty of murdering his wife. But few know the actual truth. The world isn't fair and it seems that justice often doesn't come in life. Do what you can, but there are other quotes about what happens to dealers of justice.

Gorn

Reaction score
Its likely that OJ was guilty of murdering his wife. But few know the actual truth.

It's "likely" but "not known" only if nothing will convince you short of Simpson's actual confession, reduced to writing, signed, notarized, and witnessed.

Simpson's blood was at the murder scene; the victims' blood was on his clothing, in his car, and in his home; he demonstrated consciousness of guilt by trying to flee from justice (remember the Bronco chase?); in interviews with the police shortly immediately after the murders he badly incriminated himself; a witness saw him trying to sneak back into his house shortly after the victims were killed; another witness saw him driving erratically just after the murders; the cheap disguise he was carrying with him during the Bronco chase was purchased three weeks before the murders (wonderful evidence of premeditation); he admitted cutting himself badly at the same time the murders occurred; to explain his gashing himself nearly to the bone, he claimed he cut himself on his cell phone (!) and then rather than grabbing a bandage, walked around his home dripping blood all over the carpet; he was proven to have lied to several people about his whereabouts on the night of the murders; etc.

If while sitting in your home, you heard the sound of a storm, drops of water dripped from your leaky roof, and your houseguest came through the front door soaking wet ... would you say that it was "likely" that it was raining outside?

The world isn't fair and it seems that justice often doesn't come in life.

True. But I'll say one thing for Simpson. He made a wonderful statement for racial equality in 1995. He proved that a rich black guy can :censored: with the justice system just as effectively as a rich white guy can.

Do what you can, but there are other quotes about what happens to dealers of justice.

There's no relation between being a great author (which Tolkien was) and being a great ethicist, and quoting fictional characters from classic literature isn't going to impress me.

Danny

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
There's no relation between being a great author (which Tolkien was) and being a great ethicist, and quoting fictional characters from classic literature isn't going to impress me.

Danny

What are you, picking a flame fight over an OJ argument?

That's interesting.

Gorn

Reaction score
Not at all. Admittedly the topic makes my blood pressure rise. But all I was saying was that if "there are other quotes about what happens to dealers of justice" means that he's prepared to give more quotes from literature, I don't see how it's at all relevant.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Not at all. Admittedly the topic makes my blood pressure rise. But all I was saying was that if "there are other quotes about what happens to dealers of justice" means that he's prepared to give more quotes from literature, I don't see how it's at all relevant.

Perhaps it isn't relevant. I wanted to suggest an alternate way to view the issue. I won't give other quotes if you don't want them and you are quite capable of finding them yourself. You can always debate if quotes from fiction, history or other have any bearing on us today. I think they do say something about the human condition and a way of thinking. But you get out what you put in and finding conflicting quotes is easy.

But hey, this is the internet, so adjust your expectations accordingly. :)

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I for one think the prosecution botched Simpson's murder trial back in the 90's, and although the jury apparently aquitted him due to racial reasons, the outcome was appropriate. Juries have an absolute right to aquit defendants regardless of the reason, and this is the last line of defense against malicious prosecutions and unjust laws. This right has to be defended at all costs, supressing it leads to a much more dangerous outcome than letting the occasional murderer (which I am certain OJ is) off the hook.

Besides, guys like OJ always wind up back in the coutroom sooner or later. What goes around comes around.

replicant

The Wanderer
Reaction score
Funny how even those who don't accept faith accept the idea that what goes around comes around. I agree as well, the piper has finally been paid. Being a dirtbag will eventually catch up with you.